The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Why was he tearing up? Did you do something to upset him? Like consigning him to have play in front of your sorry and needy wee ar5e? Don’t tell me.....you never miss a game. 

Don’t worry about them. They are the most disgusting team in Scotland. Drug dealers and peedos. No chance any parents will take their children to see them so their small fan base will shrink.

A fucking horrible club. 

Right my take on the game on Saturday? Iffy for much of the time, ostensibly, but dare I say it I saw seeds of something beyond. The criticism of Sammut beggars belief.  It's ages since I saw a Falkirk player spread the ball the way he did, finding men at distance with ease. In such a way, if we'd won it would have been a general topic of conversation. The guy's a class act - or will be.  I actually thought we were a group of interesting players waiting to be a team. Mackin will be a great player for us, make no mistake - better than anything we've had in a while.  It's ridiculous to appraise the value of players without considering the effort of those around them. So let's just give it a bit of time.  Although a lot of what I saw on Saturday was sloppy when they did good things, it was classy good - and in two months time we'll appreciate that..... maybe.,...!

Right my take on the game on Saturday? Iffy for much of the time, ostensibly, but dare I say it I saw seeds of something beyond. The criticism of Sammut beggars belief.  It's ages since I saw a Falkirk player spread the ball the way he did, finding men at distance with ease. In such a way, if we'd won it would have been a general topic of conversation. The guy's a class act - or will be.  I actually thought we were a group of interesting players waiting to be a team. Mackin will be a great player for us, make no mistake - better than anything we've had in a while.  It's ridiculous to appraise the value of players without considering the effort of those around them. So let's just give it a bit of time.  Although a lot of what I saw on Saturday was sloppy when they did good things, it was classy good - and in two months time we'll appreciate that..... maybe.,...!

Love the positivity here. You obviously saw things I failed to see yesterday. I saw a disjointed team with no pace, urgency or direction with not many winners on show. All I kept thinking to myself was I hope Hartley knows the fcuk what he is doing or we're in deep shit here.

We've have nailed our colours to the mast due to the changes made, contracts offered etc. I don't think we'll have much left to come in unless we get some late deals on loan players. Really don't want to come across as negative but for me it's me pants please!

Remember we got beat off Peterhead 2/3 seasons ago and we had a good session after that, that year.

I thought when we bought Lewis we would have pace up front, we look way short upfront with O'Hara not the answer... Sorry.

I hope PH has options up top or we'll struggle to score many goals and could be a another long session ahead

#onlysaying

In all honestly some of you lot need to calm down, it's the first game of competitive football this season and the bed pishing is ridiculous. You've had to get a whole new team in after becoming your biggest rivals feeder club so give them time to settle in. Here's to a decent season in Scotlands most entertaining league folks! :cheers

In all honestly some of you lot need to calm down, it's the first game of competitive football this season and the bed pishing is ridiculous. You've had to get a whole new team in after becoming your biggest rivals feeder club so give them time to settle in. Here's to a decent season in Scotlands most entertaining league folks! :cheers
Nearly a reasonable post, nice wee feeder club line to be fair but in my opinion Longridge is the only cast off that would strengthen our squad.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Don’t worry about them. They are the most disgusting team in Scotland. 

This must be how an ex girlfriend feels. 

The only team you speak about like that is us, phone me xox

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We are probably going to be ok (eventually) at the back and in midfield, 

I'm probably being to critical but is that really the case? 

You've got (and this is all on paper) four decent centre backs, no one for right back, an abundance of players who want to play in the middle, whether that be sitting deep (Sammut, Paton, Kidd) or playing behind the striker (TOE, McKee, Froxy) leaving you with Petravicius? And Harris as you're natural wide players. 

If you're going to play with a narrow midfield you'd want wing backs to be bombing on providing the width, if you're playing with defensive full backs where does you're width and pace then come from? What has happened to your youth player Dunne who looked very impressive against us last season? 

It's very plausible I'll be wrong but I think you'll come to October/November time and you'll still be trying to fit that jigsaw together where you're playing players in positions where they aren't totally comfortable with and still debating your best shape. While I understand the approach of buying unknowns from down south I don't think it's been a balanced window where Hartley has bought players to fit, and play in a specific system, it seems he's brought in players and he's still trying to figure out where he actually sees them fitting in, that's only going to delay the bedding in process. 

Edited by Grant228

9 hours ago, dumfriesbairn said:

At last a post with a modicum of proportionality.

I’d like to see us bring in another natural winger as sticking TOE, Froxy or Lewis out there isn’t going to work. Mikey Johnson on loan from Celtic would be perfect. I don’t know why Dunne hasn’t had more of a start or even came on as a sub seen as he done well for us last year. I don’t get all the Ohara hate, he’s not played many games or had enough starts for us to say he’s not good enough. For me he done well on Saturday when he came on and he was very unlucky not to get a goal.

21 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

I’d like to see us bring in another natural winger as sticking TOE, Froxy or Lewis out there isn’t going to work. Mikey Johnson on loan from Celtic would be perfect. I don’t know why Dunne hasn’t had more of a start or even came on as a sub seen as he done well for us last year. I don’t get all the Ohara hate, he’s not played many games or had enough starts for us to say he’s not good enough. For me he done well on Saturday when he came on and he was very unlucky not to get a goal.

44 appearances and 1 goal for a striker? I'll admit a lot of them are as a sub but that doesn't make it any better.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

This must be how an ex girlfriend feels. 

The only team you speak about like that is us, phone me xox

I'm probably being to critical but is that really the case? 

You've got (and this is all on paper) four decent centre backs, no one for right back, an abundance of players who want to play in the middle, whether that be sitting deep (Sammut, Paton, Kidd) or playing behind the striker (TOE, McKee, Froxy) leaving you with Petravicius? And Harris as you're natural wide players. 

If you're going to play with a narrow midfield you'd want wing backs to be bombing on providing the width, if you're playing with defensive full backs where does you're width and pace then come from? What has happened to your youth player Dunne who looked very impressive against us last season? 

It's very plausible I'll be wrong but I think you'll come to October/November time and you'll still be trying to fit that jigsaw together where you're playing players in positions where they aren't totally comfortable with and still debating your best shape. While I understand the approach of buying unknowns from down south I don't think it's been a balanced window where Hartley has bought players to fit, and play in a specific system, it seems he's brought in players and he's still trying to figure out where he actually sees them fitting in, that's only going to delay the bedding in process. 

Do you not have your own team to focus on Grant ?