The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm not sure why so many people are saying give them time to gel. 
How much time do they want, six hours a day training, games against supposedly lesser sides. 
Are the players brought in really better than what we could sign in Scotland, No chance is the answer. 
No way will we challenge top spot come the end of the season. 
In the meantime I'll live in hope as usual.. 

We took 14 games to gel last season with a totally different team.

Personally, I hope it takes you that long this season as that is what totally messed up our chances of finishing in the top 4

I don’t think there’s much point in going into a blind panic about today.

Disappointing today to lose a team from the league below us but fair play to Montrose. A team that looked full of confidence, coming off the back of a title win and I think that showed today. They played like a team hungry to win the game and we played like a team of strangers.

We were terrible. I thought Petravicius and Harrison did fine. Muirhead was OK. Everybody else was poor to say the least. Hopefully just a bad day at the office but really need to see a reaction on Tuesday now otherwise you’ve got to be slightly concerned.

Yup. The not-particularly-great holding midfielder. The only midfielder attempting to create anything.
Not looking to create early scapegoats here, but TOE and Sammut were, shall we say, "disappointing" beside him.

It’s mad how easy it is to view a game completely differently. Paton slowed us down, took an age to play the ball and when he did it was always sideways. Though he did do a lot of pointing and shouting to make it look like he was doing something. I thought Sammut did well picking the ball up from defence trying to connect to the final third, playing the ball behind the fullbacks. TOE was our best player until he was shunted out wide as a wingback. Lovely feet in tight spaces and had a good delivery majority of the time. For a team playing badly I thought they were the only players with pass marks.

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

How much time do they want, six hours a day training, games against supposedly lesser sides. 

Are the players brought in really better than what we could sign in Scotland, No chance is the answer. 

We started last season with a playing squad signed almost exclusively from Scotland. (Peter Grant & Joe McKee were the only exceptions. And Joe came from Carlisle, which isn't exactly far from the border).

In their opening 17 league games, they won twice. Once away to Morton and once in the 17th match, when they beat QOS a day before Hogmanay.

Then January arrived. Hartley brought in an influx of players from England and they won 10 of the 17 league games in the second half of the season.

That statistic suggests you're talking shite. The fact you think they train six hours a day proves you're talking shite. It's actually about  quarter of that, plus a gymn session in the afternoon.

Like all Bairns fans, I can't say I was enthralled with the result today. But the amount of OTT hysteria I'm reading in various places beggars belief.

55 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:
1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:
How about I pay taxes in fill you in?

Your bins, I mean, obvs.

If I need filled in I'll see our local Grant he's got all the goss, signing news etc. If it's a doing bring your tool.

I'll bring a few tools, there's no shortage of tools around here.

34 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It’s mad how easy it is to view a game completely differently. Paton slowed us down, took an age to play the ball and when he did it was always sideways. Though he did do a lot of pointing and shouting to make it look like he was doing something. I thought Sammut did well picking the ball up from defence trying to connect to the final third, playing the ball behind the fullbacks. TOE was our best player until he was shunted out wide as a wingback. Lovely feet in tight spaces and had a good delivery majority of the time. For a team playing badly I thought they were the only players with pass marks.

It is indeed.

I thought Sammut was terrible. He picked up the ball 65 yards from their goal and never once made an incisive pass or beat a man. TOE was decent in the first half I agree, good feet, but was so shattered in the second half he was falling over and putting passes right out of play. Look at the difference when Froxy came on and Paton had someone to give the ball to and link up with instead of having to do it all himself. I'd bet he had more passes completed than anyone. No killer ones, granted.

The one thing that killed us today was lack of pace. Jak or Hippo would have torn that backline of theirs to shreds.

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We started last season with a playing squad signed almost exclusively from Scotland. (Peter Grant & Joe McKee were the only exceptions. And Joe came from Carlisle, which isn't exactly far from the border).

In their opening 17 league games, they won twice. Once away to Morton and once in the 17th match, when they beat QOS a day before Hogmanay.

Then January arrived. Hartley brought in an influx of players from England and they won 10 of the 17 league games in the second half of the season.

That statistic suggests you're talking shite. The fact you think they train six hours a day proves you're talking shite. It's actually about  quarter of that, plus a gymn session in the afternoon.

Like all Bairns fans, I can't say I was enthralled with the result today. But the amount of OTT hysteria I'm reading in various places beggars belief.

I can gaurentee I'm not talking as much shite as you think I am. 

It's slightly more than a quarter as you say and gym sessions count as training they also are regarded as good bonding sessions believe it or not. 

Never mind I'm sure once league games start you can say I'm talking shite. 

9 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

I can gaurentee I'm not talking as much shite as you think I am. 

It's slightly more than a quarter as you say and gym sessions count as training they also are regarded as good bonding sessions believe it or not. 

Never mind I'm sure once league games start you can say I'm talking shite. 

We've played one game.

Every single one of us is talking shite.

Going to check out our new landlord's game vs Forfar at home on Tue night.

Hopefully be a good game and the weather's nice.

From the outside looking in, I think common sense must be adhered to. One defeat isn't a fatal blow. It took more than just one cannonball to sink the Alabama.

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

We've played one game.

Every single one of us is talking shite.

Dee, I agree with you to a point but some supporters on here don't want anyone's opinion unless it matches their own. 

I said a few things last season that were maybe a bit close to the bone and red dots appeared from everywhere, the fact was everything I said happened. 

It was my opinion or opinions on what I thought would happen in the future, so I'm only one guy giving an opinion, and I'm giving my opinion now that I doubt that we have a squad capable of winning this league, if that gets certain people's backs up then so be it. 

Dee, I agree with you to a point but some supporters on here don't want anyone's opinion unless it matches their own. 
I said a few things last season that were maybe a bit close to the bone and red dots appeared from everywhere, the fact was everything I said happened. 
It was my opinion or opinions on what I thought would happen in the future, so I'm only one guy giving an opinion, and I'm giving my opinion now that I doubt that we have a squad capable of winning this league, if that gets certain people's backs up then so be it. 

Since you know everything that’s going to happen before it does, you must make a fortune at the bookies. Surprised with all the money you’d have, you’d be here posting on this forum.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Since you know everything that’s going to happen before it does, you must make a fortune at the bookies. Surprised with all the money you’d have, you’d be here posting on this forum.

I learned years ago not to bet on Football. 

Full of crazy fans telling you how sexy a football team they have, and idolising player's that wouldn't have gotten game time in a good Falkirk team from day's gone bye, Sadly. 

Booing your brand new team off the pitch at halftime of your first competitive game of the season :lol: SUM FUKKIN CLUB indeed :lol:
WHAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!! #ITSNEVERYERTIME
Aw aboot the FAWKURK
The problem with COYB is it's full of negative moaners who would criticise the colour of Hartley's pants.
The problem with here is it's full of happy clappers who would still support Hartley if we got relegated.
There's no happy medium.
f**k up Shep
You all knew you were going to be embarrassed at home by a part-time side? How depressing.
Unsure whether I find it funnier to see fans panicking after one defeat or the others trying to argue it's perfectly fine to lose at home to Montrose.
Good effort lads. The Mo are a team on the up to be fair.
Just over to check you boys are all okay. If you need councilling head over to the Halbeath thread and we'll take care of you.

Complete confidence is assured. Honest.
No, it's councilling I'm offering because android pnb app stepped in and auto corrected it obviously. What it involves is paying me some taxes and I empty you.........................................r bins.
Struggling to excuse getting whacked from a part time team who have just been promoted from the bottom tier of Scottish football...and failing
Aw aboot the FAWKURK

39 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

I'm giving my opinion now that I doubt that we have a squad capable of winning this league, if that gets certain people's backs up then so be it. 

I have no idea if we have a squad capable of winning the league, and I say that from the perspective of having seen every game we've played, plus a few training sessions. I simply don't have enough knowledge of what our players are capable of. Never mind the players the opposition have signed.

Which is why I find it so annoying that people rush to judgement. Why not wait until the end of the first quarter of league games is over, or at least until a few have been played before we demand the guillotine and trebuchet are brought out?

Depending on how old you are, you may well remember the "Stainrod is pish" sentiments expressed by members of the FSC supporters bus when Airdrie went eleven points clear at the top of our division. I was on it at the time and can well remember all the  negativity about him. Then we got a draw at a fog-enshrouded Dens park and the bandwagon took off. It wasn't Airdrie who won the league that season.

It's far, far too early to judge things will go this season.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

This has been some read. I remember 2 seasons ago we lost 1-0 to Stirling Albion in the first game of this cup, then went on to have a good season. I’m not too fussed tbh, the players are still getting to know each other, as long as we’re firing from all cylinders come the ICT game I couldn’t give a flying f**k how we do in this cup.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It is indeed.

I thought Sammut was terrible. He picked up the ball 65 yards from their goal and never once made an incisive pass or beat a man. TOE was decent in the first half I agree, good feet, but was so shattered in the second half he was falling over and putting passes right out of play. Look at the difference when Froxy came on and Paton had someone to give the ball to and link up with instead of having to do it all himself. I'd bet he had more passes completed than anyone. No killer ones, granted.

The one thing that killed us today was lack of pace. Jak or Hippo would have torn that backline of theirs to shreds.

I’d tend to disagree with Sammut. I thought he looked a class act. He reads the game so naturally and is always a step ahead of everyone else. What he lacks in, obviously, is experience. He’s a sitting midfielder who will spread the play and keep the ball moving; I’m not quite sure what you expected from him? He constantly looked for the ball and never gave it away until he tired late into the second half.

Everyone needs to chill the f**k out. You can’t sign a full team and expect them to click instantly. We demolished sides last season in this tournament then went onto a shambles of a season. Yes it wasn’t great today but ffs, none of the signings looked of a John Stewart/Jordan White standard. Give them time.