The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He did the same thing with us (Hartley) couldn't win a cup tie to save his fucking life.

Winning cup games is a great distraction if you are playing well in the league. I'm settling for an improvement in form over these games heading towards the league debut. 

The problem with COYB is it's full of negative moaners who would criticise the colour of Hartley's pants.

The problem with here is it's full of happy clappers who would still support Hartley if we got relegated.

There's no happy medium.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

The problem with COYB is it's full of negative moaners who would criticise the colour of Hartley's pants.

The problem with here is it's full of happy clappers who would still support Hartley if we got relegated.

There's no happy medium.

That's harsh, I'm just not going to skull f**k him after one competitive game featuring 12 new signings. 

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

We didn’t look settled today and I think it will take this group stage+ for Hartley to see what our best shape is. I counted 4 formations before the first sub was made, 

Surely this is a bit weird? In my particularly pointless opinion I think it shows a lack of planning if you go out and sign players, without an idea of what system you're going to play. 

It was AJs biggest failing last summer, he had a system that he liked(442)and then never bothered buying the players for said system. Didn't rectify it last year until January. 

Not signing a better right back is going to bite ya. 

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

That was fairly brutal, a better team would have put 3 or 4 past us today.

Still, of the 14 players used something like 11 are new signings, we all knew this was coming.

You all knew you were going to be embarrassed at home by a part-time side? How depressing.

Unsure whether I find it funnier to see fans panicking after one defeat or the others trying to argue it's perfectly fine to lose at home to Montrose.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

New guys report:
Fasan: fine, couple of straightforward shots and beaten by a fine finish.
Brough: Poor. Robson in there please.
Harrison: did well I thought, won everything in the air and tried to get things going.
Paton: our MOTM I think!! Tidied everything and was trying to be our main playmaker which unfortunately is not his main forte. Not his fault the rest of the midfield was absent.
Sammut: Look forward to seeing this guy play for us. What? You mean he was on today?
Lewis: Never ever a winger. Better up front but downgrade on the Jak.
Mackin: ruled the roost in the first half but too isolated. Burst by 55 minutes and subbed.
Petravicius: Really good first half, had their LB on toast. Second half, he reminded me of a certain Mr H.
TOE: Some good touches but looked like an unfit(ter) John Souttar in the second half.
Turner: did nothing
Froxy: some nice touches, actually looks like a football player.

I recognise the group-think on here is any criticism of the team is "knickerwetting" or some other cliche. But there's no getting away from the fact that was an absolutely desperate performance. Of course most of us are long in the tooth enough to not get too up or down by early games, but the fact remains these are competitive matches not preseason. And many more performances like that will cast serious doubts on the new squad. And I'm very much a Hartley fan, as it happens.

Excellent summary. [emoji122]

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You all knew you were going to be embarrassed at home by a part-time side? How depressing.

Unsure whether I find it funnier to see fans panicking after one defeat or the others trying to argue it's perfectly fine to lose at home to Montrose.

Ach, away and get beat off Raith again, you. 

Tbh, I don’t really see many of the regular posters on here panicking. However it kind of feels like there’s a massive Hartley defence mechanism on here such that it’s impossible to express any form of concern re our early season performances without getting ridiculed....or even worse, red dotted by your own (Rugster [emoji16]).
Personally, I think it’s great that there’s positive support for what the club is trying to do but it ought to be balanced.
For me, we should not be writing off the League Cup as nothing more than friendlies, as it’s a more important competition than, say, the Challenge Cup, but I do understand that the strategy Hartley has engaged probably requires such this season.
I agree there’s more time, and of course we can improve, but simply sticking your head in the sand and writing off our performances to date as of no significance whatsoever seems a little naive to me too. There’s nothing wrong with expressing some concern without going overboard.
Looking forward to being there on Tuesday and seeing it start to come together (I hope)...

7 hours ago, Russ said:

Paul Paton also taking Joe McKees squad number.

Hopefully he gets shipped out along with the others as soon as possible.

I’d be amazed if it’s even 1 tbh. Harris likely knows this will be his last season as a full time football player so really wouldn’t surprise me to see him sit out the season.

Paton has McKee's squad number then fairly obvious he's not wanted by Hartley. If thats the case then surely once we get rid of him, Harris and Shepherd we can get a decent rb and striker (jak) in. 

5 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Just over to check you boys are all okay. If you need councilling head over to the Halbeath thread and we'll take care of you.

Complete confidence is assured. Honest.

Counselling