The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

This, totally.
I can’t quite get my head around why some think that because we had a good group stage performance last season then a terrible campaign, the reverse applies this year.
There’s still time, and we can improve, but I don’t think it’s wrong to voice some concern that we are well short of where we want to be less than three weeks from the start of our league campaign.

No one is saying the reverse applies. What I'm saying is it's far too early to judge. And definitely too early to knicker wet. 

36 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I don't think he's a fat c**t. I just doubt he has the legs for playing wide. Fair few Dunbarton fans said as much when we signed him. He's not a wide player, play him through the middle. I'd kinda hoped we were beyond trying to shoehorn players into positions that don't fit them. 

I'm not worried, we need to see what the league form is like before there is reason for panic. This league cup thingy is effectively a preseason set up and should be treated as such. Would be nice to go through, but I'll be happy to come out with a coherent team. 

Christ.

Anyway, Froxy is never a winger and it's no surprise at all that you've sussed that after his competitive debut. He absolutely doesn't have the legs to play wide.

Edited by Ross Forbes

31 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Mind last season when we were fantastic pre season, and blew away all opposition in the league Cup group, conceding only one goal if I remember correctly. And you were first on here telling everyone that basically their praise and confidence in performances meant Jack shit and you didn't give a f**k until the first league game?? Well guess what shod face..... 

Sorry i wont make any comment whatsoever about these games then. Whilst your right these games mean feck all in the long term that doesnt mean we cant have concerns over some areas of the performance surely?  Last season i still made positive comments in these games with the caveat being that it didnt really matter if we didnt produce when the real stuff started.  Same this season. My concerns will mean feck all if we pump ict.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

I suppose it's all about opinions & I disagree with this. Paton will be a dominant brick shithouse in the Championship and strolled it today. Given Hartley's (rightful) attitude to this cup for our new side, Petravicius, TOE & Lewis should also offer more in league games.

The keeper is competent & Sammut needs to toughen up. Difficult to judge our defence without Dallison but shape, formation & understanding are obviously issues. Looking forward to seeing what he tries against Forfar.

Mackin is the weak link for me but hopefully wont be a regular starter.

Paton won't dominate a game in his life. If he's playing well he'll complete more passes than he doesn't, but 90% of them will accomplish f**k all. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If he's playing well he'll complete more passes than he doesn't, but 90% of them will accomplish f**k all. 

Seen elements of that today. I hope his role will be winning the ball & laying it off to more creative players like Sammut. All we really need at this level.

10 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Christ.

Anyway, Froxy is never a winger and it's no surprise at all that you've sussed that after his competitive debut. He absolutely doesn't have the legs to play wide.

Autocorrect to the rescue. 

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Seen elements of that today. I hope his role will be winning the ball & laying it off to more creative players like Sammut. All we really need at this level.

You'll be disappointed, unless the Championship is much worse than I remember. He rarely won any tackles for us, regularly been beaten by a simple sidestep, and his passing was completely stopped when players prevented him passing to his right. 

You'll be disappointed, unless the Championship is much worse than I remember. He rarely won any tackles for us, regularly been beaten by a simple sidestep, and his passing was completely stopped when players prevented him passing to his right. 

I thought he looked the worst player on the pitch today. Offered nothing.

I'm not sure why so many people are saying give them time to gel. 

How much time do they want, six hours a day training, games against supposedly lesser sides. 

Are the players brought in really better than what we could sign in Scotland, No chance is the answer. 

No way will we challenge top spot come the end of the season. 

In the meantime I'll live in hope as usual.. 

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I thought he looked the worst player on the pitch today. Offered nothing.

Absolute havers.

I'm no fan of his, but he and Muirhead were the only guys with any drive and attempting to link up positively, until Froxy came on.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Falkirk lose as Sibbald tears it up with us. Joyous 

From the bench ?

I personally feel we just haven't got to grips with our best 11 or formation, we have really no continuity from last season where you look at the subs and think he will give you x y z and the formation will change it.

We were far too deep first half and our crosses from wide was horrific, Robson in and that will at least give our strikers something decent to feed off.

If we fail on Tuesday tho, we will have a tsunami of wetness

7 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

I'm not sure why so many people are saying give them time to gel. 

How much time do they want, six hours a day training, games against supposedly lesser sides. 

Are the players brought in really better than what we could sign in Scotland, No chance is the answer. 

No way will we challenge top spot come the end of the season. 

In the meantime I'll live in hope as usual.. 

How's the taxi business going Houstie?

One "competitive" game into the season and some of you fuckers are one fart away from ripping up your season books and marching on the stadium. 

Grips need to be gotten, I reckon.