The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I can’t get my head round why a guy who has taken racial abuse from a section of their support (someone was convicted) would sign there. He must be desperate

I agree with you. It’s well documented that Dunfermline have a racist element in their support so why Hippo is exposing himself and his family to this is beyond me.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

21 days until the new season starts. Interestingly, it can be as much as 21 days between becoming infected with ebola and the first symptoms showing. 

Are you saying that I may have contracted ebola 3 weeks ago and I don't fucking know it yet?

I'd be surprised if we don't go 352 today.
Will be interesting what he does with the rb/rwb today.  It was enough of a problem for Hartley to go and get Tumilty last season so I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign someone, possibly on loan. 

If it’s a 3-5-2 I reckon the wing backs will be Tommy Robson and Patrick Brough. Both left footed but that to me is still a better option that forcing McGhee or Muirhead to wing back

Fasan

McGhee-Dallison-Harrison

Brough-Paton-Sammut-TOE-Robson

Turner-Mackin

But I think 4-4-2 is more likely with McGhee at RB and Petravicius and TOE on the flanks.

4 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Surely Harris will be gone soon. Although not sure who will want to take him.

Shepherd won't leave. Would struggle to get a team in League 2.

Tbf he isn't at our level but he was Edinburgh City's player of the year I believe so I think he could find a club quite easily.

Just now, FalkirkLad said:

Tbf he isn't at our level but he was Edinburgh City's player of the year I believe so I think he could find a club quite easily.

Given how well he did at Edinburgh City I doubt Shepherd will have any difficulty finding another club. He won fans player of the year, top goalscorer and scored not far off one goal in every two games.

As neither Shepherd nor Harris have been in any of the squads for the five friendlies we've played, it seems blatantly obvious that they're not wanted and won't play for our first team again. It's probably just a case of waiting while their agents find them the best deal possible elsewhere.