The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Rugster said:
Don't see what's wrong with it. A club should use anything they can to their advantage at home. Within the rules, we just need to get on with it.

Well I hope they get Brechin'd for being a bunch of shitehouses

We'd juggernaut the c***s if it was on a pitch the width of a bowling lane anyway, f**k them.

Could he have played for Hartley at Alloa given the timeline?

No, Hartley was long gone by then.

Encouraging game from an Alloa point of view last night, although I'm under no illusions how hard this season will be for us.

Falkirk probably just about deserved to edge it. They were comfortable at the back and had the better chances - only 2 or 3 of those though, Parry having 2 good saves from a Dennon 1 on 1 (from a tight angle) and a Dallison header (or maybe someone else cleared that one off the line).

Dallison strolled the game again (I was at the Airdrie game) and looks a class act.

Big Mackin actually caused us more problems when he came on with his physical presence. The lad Allan was also a handful, but the game had opened up a bit by then.

It's clear that Falkirk still lack enough of a goal threat, but that may come through the development of the team they have. A 15/20 goals a season man would help of course - but then every team could say that.

I'd complain about Paton kicking the excellent Flannigan, but if he was in my side I'd have loved it. And it was very Goodwin-like. [emoji4]

Are Alloa fans happy with the way they played? That was basically 10 men behind the ball for 75% of the game in a pre season friendly.

Alloa were pretty good at it and they hit falkirk on the break a few times but friendlies are for trying something new, all we saw there was a team desperate to not concede. Second half especially.

7 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Are Alloa fans happy with the way they played? That was basically 10 men behind the ball for 75% of the game in a pre season friendly.

Alloa were pretty good at it and they hit falkirk on the break a few times but friendlies are for trying something new, all we saw there was a team desperate to not concede. Second half especially.

That's what all the wee teams do when the big boys roll into town #juggernaut

Is this guy a troll or an idiot?

I appreciate they aren"t mutually exclusive.

How many shots at goal did Alloa have? 2? And scored from one? Which was a massive deflection off the falkirk centre half. I know falkirk were not any better. It was a turgid affair.

How many shots at goal did Alloa have? 2? And scored from one? Which was a massive deflection off the falkirk centre half. I know falkirk were not any better. It was a turgid affair.
Still not sure which it is tbh.

59 minutes ago, printer said:

Is this guy a troll or an idiot?

I appreciate they aren"t mutually exclusive.

Seems a straightforward question to be honest. He's asking if your happy with the way you were playing. 

If you've taken that as an attempt at trolling then either trolling in the alloa thread is piss poor or you're annoyed at the way you played and snapping at shadows. 

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Thats exactly how I'd expect Alloa to play even in a friendly.  They are using the friendly to get ready for how they plan on playing through out the season, whats wrong with that?  Is there much point in them preparing to be an open free-flowing team when they will never do it except maybe in the early cup rounds?

We are in a major experimenting stage because of the number of changes we had so have no option but to mix things up to see what formation / style suits us best.

Ive avoided all the friendlies this year as they tend to be extremely boring. I’ll attend on Saturday but I’m not really arsed if we continue to use the group stages as another set of friendlies tbh. The only downside I can see to this is the meltdown from some on here and on the coyb page.

Ive avoided all the friendlies this year as they tend to be extremely boring. I’ll attend on Saturday but I’m not really arsed if we continue to use the group stages as another set of friendlies tbh. The only downside I can see to this is the meltdown from some on here and on the coyb page.
I indulged in a bit of a wankfest last season after the group stages, some of it was tongue in cheek Il grant you, but it still has me conflicted what to do if we are shite this time?

Should I become a seething, frothing mess, should I play it cool, or should I takenit as a sign that last seasons fortunes are truly reversed and look forward to our glorious romp to the promised land?

I indulged in a bit of a wankfest last season after the group stages, some of it was tongue in cheek Il grant you, but it still has me conflicted what to do if we are shite this time?

Should I become a seething, frothing mess, should I play it cool, or should I takenit as a sign that last seasons fortunes are truly reversed and look forward to our glorious romp to the promised land?

I’ve already drafted my post to the COYB page explaining how I will rip my season ticket up as soon as it arrives and also be campaigning for Hartley out Yogi in for when we inevitably draw 1-1 with Montrose.

I’ve already drafted my post to the COYB page explaining how I will rip my season ticket up as soon as it arrives and also be campaigning for Hartley out Yogi in for when we inevitably draw 1-1 with Montrose.
Ok. Kick off it is then.

I'll do "why are we no scouting the juniors"

If someone else could make sure to cover the "who will cover the front post" in case we concede at a corner via the front post that would be handy.

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Never understood people with this mindset, not every team can spend every week trying to score three goals a game. Alloa feel like their strength is sitting deep, not conceding and getting a goal on the counter, if that works what's the issue? 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Never understood people with this mindset, not every team can spend every week trying to score three goals a game. Alloa feel like their strength is sitting deep, not conceding and getting a goal on the counter, if that works what's the issue? 

And it's for this reason hopefully we've signed a battering ram. Fast, tricky, lightweight strikers and wingers can't do shit against 10 men parked in the box.

2 hours ago, printer said:

No, Hartley was long gone by then.

Encouraging game from an Alloa point of view last night, although I'm under no illusions how hard this season will be for us.

Falkirk probably just about deserved to edge it. They were comfortable at the back and had the better chances - only 2 or 3 of those though, Parry having 2 good saves from a Dennon 1 on 1 (from a tight angle) and a Dallison header (or maybe someone else cleared that one off the line).

Dallison strolled the game again (I was at the Airdrie game) and looks a class act.

Big Mackin actually caused us more problems when he came on with his physical presence. The lad Allan was also a handful, but the game had opened up a bit by then.

It's clear that Falkirk still lack enough of a goal threat, but that may come through the development of the team they have. A 15/20 goals a season man would help of course - but then every team could say that.

I'd complain about Paton kicking the excellent Flannigan, but if he was in my side I'd have loved it. And it was very Goodwin-like. emoji4.png

Well, couldn't be anything else could it? :P

To be honest mate its not ideal but we are going to be a very small fish in a very big pond this coming season.
We don't want to be another "Brechin" and the only way to avoid that will to be make us hard to beat, hoping to get the odd goal here and there from counter attacking or from set pieces. If packing the defense and narrowing the pitch even slightly narrows the gap with Falkirk and the other 8 "#juggernaut" then so be it. If it does not work out then Goodwin might try a more expansive option but at this stage with the squad we have it would be suicidal to go toe to toe with Falkirk, Ross County, Partick, Dundee Utd, ICT and the like. As a side issue, Hartley took us through the divisions playing open attacking football but changed our set up and style once we got to the championship, realizing that we just could not compete playing that way. 
Anyway we will see how it goes, to be honest for us its a great league to be in this season, with our small ground its going to be more than half full every home game, hopefully with a wee bit of atmosphere, a lot more attractive proposition than the usual 400-500 hardy souls watching Stranraer, Albion Rovers and Queens Park (no disrespect to these teams but you get my drift).
Hope you guys go well this season, always liked Falkirk and with Hartley there also, wish you all a successful season. 
What a nice post. Will keep an eye out for your future work Craigy. Welcome to the Championship.