The Falkirk FC Thread

Your average pre-season game go far f**k all happening.

A few absolutely brutal and embarrassing shouts from some of the mouthbreathers in our support. Screaming ‘GET IT FORWARD’ in a friendly what an absolute riddy.

my first 45mins of seeing the new team. appreciate I've only seen some players and its a friendly however been pretty underwhelmed with what I've seen so far.

most players seem a downgrade on what we had. taiwo imo looks a better player than Paton found myself longing for sibbald jak or even hippolyte. we are toothless up front and next game is competitive. we haven't scored in 3.5 of our 4.5 friendlies desperately need jak back ohara and Lewis are a step back. brough gave possession away quite a bit and is rather Robson was in at left back even though he doesn't fit the giants plan. Harrison looks a bit overweight and slow although played well enough. highlight was dallison who imo is the only step up on what we had based on that showing.

their goalie had one save to make. we really need a proven striker urgently.

other positives are we look big fit and quick and move the ball well but never really created.

hopefully second half see something to give more hope!

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

my first 45mins of seeing the new team. appreciate I've only seen some players and its a friendly however been pretty underwhelmed with what I've seen so far.

most players seem a downgrade on what we had. taiwo imo looks a better player than Paton found myself longing for sibbald jak or even hippolyte. we are toothless up front and next game is competitive. we haven't scored in 3.5 of our 4.5 friendlies desperately need jak back ohara and Lewis are a step back. brough gave possession away quite a bit and is rather Robson was in at left back even though he doesn't fit the giants plan. Harrison looks a bit overweight and slow although played well enough. highlight was dallison who imo is the only step up on what we had based on that showing.

other positives are we look big fit and quick and move the ball well but never really created.

I'll save a long post, we look shite. 

The issue with bringing so many new players in is we really need to show a bit of patience with them.

It may take a good few games before we start seeing them gel as a team.

Patience is going to be the key and sadly it's not something certain elements of our support are renowned for.

Guest Back Post Misses

A post full of contradictions

A down grade on last season yet we look fit, quick and move the ball well. Three things you could not say about last season.

I think a post based on 45 minutes in a friendly is far too early to make any judgement imo

34 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Livi supporting mate says Mackin is slow in movement and reading of the game. Doesnt work hard enough but can finish. Said he has  the potential to  be a good player and still young. We will see. Still hope the Jak comes back.  

The new jordan white then.lol

A post full of contradictions

A down grade on last season yet we look fit, quick and move the ball well. Three things you could not say about last season.

I think a post based on 45 minutes in a friendly is far too early to make any judgement imo
you can't watch a game, even a half and not form an opinion. that opinion could and will change but it's feedback for those not here either way.

in terms of contradiction you can be fit and move the ball well but still be a downgrade

so far this half Lewis took his goal well and Mackin seems to already have added more of a presence

makes me think the jak deal isn't going to happen as we've now signed Mackin and still looking at Allan
The rumour I heard is that Watford are happy for him to go out on loan but they want him to play at a higher level.

Could be pish though.

This was a good test of level for us. If we can play decidedly average for most of the game and beat a stubborn Alloa side, then we will be good against most of the bottom half of the league. Now we need to find more cohesion and rhythm, which will come the more the players play together.

Interesting that we seem to have played Turner, Mackin and the forward trialist at the same time?

Guest Back Post Misses
you can't watch a game, even a half and not form an opinion. that opinion could and will change but it's feedback for those not here either way.

in terms of contradiction you can be fit and move the ball well but still be a downgrade

so far this half Lewis took his goal well and Mackin seems to already have added more of a presence

I stand by what I said. IMO 45min of a friendly is far too early to form an opinion.

Guest Back Post Misses
The rumour I heard is that Watford are happy for him to go out on loan but they want him to play at a higher level.

Could be pish though.

Still pursuing him I believe