The Falkirk FC Thread

Will we see Sheps/Harris of McKee this evening?

Or will it be another 45 each for the players who played Saturday/Monday?
Dont mind seeing McKee in a matchday squad. Totally object to seeing Harris or Sheps in anything other than the #trebuchet

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
Will we see Sheps/Harris of McKee this evening?

Or will it be another 45 each for the players who played Saturday/Monday?

Dont mind seeing McKee in a matchday squad. Totally object to seeing Harris or Sheps in anything other than the #trebuchet

I'm fine with that. Given that we seem to have a defensive spine taking shape, maybe McKee will be a better fit this season. Would be a bonus, since we seem to be done with signing midfielders now. 

I'm fine with that. Given that we seem to have a defensive spine taking shape, maybe McKee will be a better fit this season. Would be a bonus, since we seem to be done with signing midfielders now. 
I rather embarrassingly predictes Joe McKee would be instrumental for us and last seasons POTY at the end of the season before, after he put in such a fantastic shift and goal at Tannadice.

I now settle for him staying and hopefully not being a specific hindrance to progress since there are people who need emptied before he is.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I rather embarrassingly predictes Joe McKee would be instrumental for us and last seasons POTY at the end of the season before, after he put in such a fantastic shift and goal at Tannadice.

I now settle for him staying and hopefully not being a specific hindrance to progress since there are people who need emptied before he is.

8 goals in 38 games from CM is actually a very decent return, if he can add a bit of dig to his game and try not to go missing he could actually be a very handy squad player for the season coming.

1 minute ago, FalkirkLad said:

8 goals in 38 games from CM is actually a very decent return, if he can add a bit of dig to his game and try not to go missing he could actually be a very handy squad player for the season coming.

When you consider his goal against Morton when Alex Smith was in interim charge gave us our first win of the season.

Two friendlies in two days is a bit daft, with so many new players we should be looking to get them all on the park together for as long as possible. In an ideal world it would've been either last night or tonight and stuck the first XI out.

I know others disagree, but I think McKee was surrounded by lightweights last season, and that did him no favours. He is not a “take a game by the scruff of the neck” type of player, and given the number of times our midfield collectively folded last year, then McKee was never going to shine. If there’s others there capable of doing the dirty work, he might well do us a turn.

Probably last on the list of “on the way out” players.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Two friendlies in two days is a bit daft, with so many new players we should be looking to get them all on the park together for as long as possible. In an ideal world it would've been either last night or tonight and stuck the first XI out.

Quite a few teams have done it but those teams have a lot more depth than us, I'd agree I would of preferred one match and just seen a full team starting to gel.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

dont feel to bad.........i put £20 on Nathan Austin to be top goal scorer in the league last season....we were all duped

8 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

dont feel to bad.........i put £20 on Nathan Austin to be top goal scorer in the league last season....we were all duped

Loads of my mates put money on him to be top goalscorer last season too, most of them Dunfermline fans.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

After the mad mental mass influx of handsomes, we seem to have addressed central defence (hopefully), and midfield (please God), but we are still left with that uneasy feeling about the right back position, as more pressingly, up front.

If only a couple more players were to come in, would a RB plus Jak be enough?

That still feels a wee bit light, and maybe those two plus a Connor Sammon type might be the minimum we need.

So what should we realistically expect in the next two or three weeks?

I thought he may have used the Lithuanian as a wing back but don't think he's been played there in any of the friendlies? So we definitely need a RWB (not FB as I prefer 3 at the back and think we've got the players to do that) and at least 1 more striker. Much as I would love to see Jak and/or Nelson back and don't think that Sammon's that good I think he may be the better option as he'll give us more physicality and experience. 

One more striker would give us 4 which is possibly enough in a small squad.

I thought he may have used the Lithuanian as a wing back but don't think he's been played there in any of the friendlies?

I've seen him twice and he hasn't played at FB or WB. Not too sure that he fancies a tackle so I'd guess he's more of an offensive option.

43 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

£10 to get into a pre season friendly at alloa, come on!

on another note season ticket watch update (from twitter)

3,573 Dundee United (as at 9/7)
2,600+ Falkirk (5/7)
2,279 Dunfermline (26/6)
1,101 Morton (10/7)

should note the Morton figure is 41per cent up on last season

ICT have sold 600 so far.