The Falkirk FC Thread

Think an experienced front man would make a difference. We have experience at the back through Aero and McGhee, experience in midfield in Paton but all up front are so young. Perhaps an old head to guide them would help. What's Rory Loyal doing these days?

Nothing thankfully. We need a dobbie sort of player upfront. Any suggestions for a good player upfront (who is still playing)??

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Think an experienced front man would make a difference. We have experience at the back through Aero and McGhee, experience in midfield in Paton but all up front are so young. Perhaps an old head to guide them would help. What's Rory Loyal doing these days?

Herd he was flueting around Dumbarton

My Dad was at the game tonight and  he thought we stacked up well against a strong Aberdeen team, which is promising. He said we had some good passing moves with the weather at Gayfield for once conducive to it. All the new players looked like they had something to offer and with the physicality of the new additions, absolutely no one is going to bully us this season 

The Don expecting a couple more signings. Jak and an experienced forward with a bit of luck.

Game on Saturday should be interesting. This is the chance we need to see if we can score goals not just prevent them. Good chance to see newbies. Worth £6 I think

Up against a very strong looking Aberdeen side I thought we performed well. The defence in particular looked solid and seem to have a bit of presence. Really liked Tommy in a much more advanced role and he looked our most dangerous player. Both strikers had moments but for me I thought Turner looked the more promising but very very early days and so I won’t rush to judge. Thought both trialist did enough to warrant further investigation and it was good to see Mitchell back.

The overwhelming negative for me was Muirhead, his mere presence seems to instil a sense of panic and what he deems helpful encouragement others around him seemed to take exception. You could here clearly several players telling him to shut the f**k up and/or to calm down. Can’t believe he will be our captain, never mind still playing.

Overall it seemed a really worthwhile exercise but reaffirmed my desire to see the Jak back. [emoji120]

Up against a very strong looking Aberdeen side I thought we performed well. The defence in particular looked solid and seem to have a bit of presence. Really liked Tommy in a much more advanced role and he looked our most dangerous player. Both strikers had moments but for me I thought Turner looked the more promising but very very early days and so I won’t rush to judge. Thought both trialist did enough to warrant further investigation and it was good to see Mitchell back.

The overwhelming negative for me was Muirhead, his mere presence seems to instil a sense of panic and what he deems helpful encouragement others around him seemed to take exception. You could here clearly several players telling him to shut the f**k up and/or to calm down. Can’t believe he will be our captain, never mind still playing.

Overall it seemed a really worthwhile exercise but reaffirmed my desire to see the Jak back. [emoji120]

They were all fuming with Muirhead, Dallison basically told him to wrap the hoofballs and Paton told him to ‘calm the f**k down’

Not surprised we were better first half defensively with Dallison as captain and Harrison on.

They were all fuming with Muirhead, Dallison basically told him to wrap the hoofballs and Paton told him to ‘calm the f**k down’

Not surprised we were better first half defensively with Dallison as captain and Harrison on.

I get that some really like his passion or commitment but his lack of skill and temperament are a concern and have been for a few seasons now. I really don’t get what people see in him, however we have discussed that point numerous times and Hartley seems to rate him so guess we’ll just have to trust his judgement.

There has been so much positivity recently and I was concerned that expectations were unrealistically high, tonight gave me a little glimpse into what might actually occur and I was impressed.

I’m still not ready to fully change my avatar yet but greenshoots and all that.

Wee run down of how we lined up for those not there.

First half:

Fasan

McGhee
Harrison
Dallison
Brough

Petravicius
Paton
Sammut
Robson

Froxylias

Turner

Second half:

Mitchell

Trialist
Muirhead
Dallison
McGhee

Petravicius/O’Hara
Paton/McKee
Kidd
Robson

Owen-Evans

Turner/Trialist

With McGhee going into the middle of a back 3 and O’Hara going up front with the trialist as went 3-5-2 for the last 5 minutes.

Is Mitchell or Fasan going to be your first choice?

I’d expect Fasan to start the first league game but it wouldn’t surprise me if either Mitchell or Mutch take the jersey from him at some point during the season.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Hi folks, first time poster here.

How did Brough play at left back? He's the one player I couldn't find a lot of info about when we signed him

He played on the left of back three, didn't seem to do much wrong and was looking for the ball, looked like the versatile player that was promised.

Also, didn't realise how big he was.

He played on the left of back three, didn't seem to do much wrong and was looking for the ball, looked like the versatile player that was promised.
Also, didn't realise how big he was.
Didn't realise they started with a back 3. He looks a lot bigger in the match photos than I thought he was as well. Not a bad thing if your playing in a back 3

Pretty pleased to hear our experimental line up matched up well against the well established second best team in Scotland.

I think I am 2 signings and 2 launchings away from being very happy with the options in all areas.

I just have the feeling we arent going to get a new RB though. New striker and RB would just be grand.

Also, delighted to hear of Paul Paton wrecking GMS. Precisely what he was signed for.