The Falkirk FC Thread

Can't find much on our thread, forums or social media about this game. 

Obviously can't read too much into pre-season friendlies, but any information from those in attendance about who played well/poorly for the Dons would be much appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Obviously can't read too much into pre-season friendlies, but any information from those in attendance about who played well/poorly for the Dons would be much appreciated. 

Seems like a strong Aberdeen team struggled to beat whatever that was we put out. We've signed that many players, I don't think anyone knows how close that will be to a starting line up. Milarkey seems to have enjoyed himself though. 

Nor ourselves. Relied on Bet365 and our twitter feed for what little we could gleam....and of course the guys on here that kept us updated a bit.

Decent run out tonight and get we were pretty unlucky to lose it at the end.

Really liked the look of Petravicius on the right and thought Robson looked really good wide left and was unlucky not to score second half.

Of the trialists I think Watt is worth a second look. Got caught under the ball from a goal kick in the lead up to the winner but other that was a really solid showing. Didn’t think much of Jordan Allan, was pretty poor of him to be offside for his goal and he didn’t offer anything at all. Based on that showing I’d be surprised if he isn’t binned.

Interesting to note that we switched to a back 3 for the last 5 minutes or so.

Yer boy Cosgrove up front is pretty shite. Didn’t really offer much at all. Liked the look of Forrester came on for May at half time and looked really tidy in possession. Scott Wright as well looked really lively when he came on.

Seems like a strong Aberdeen team struggled to beat whatever that was we put out. We've signed that many players, I don't think anyone knows how close that will be to a starting line up. Milarkey seems to have enjoyed himself though. 

We made at least two other substitutions second half in addition to the five changes at half time.
Interesting to see if any of the trialists stood out...

That wee trialist up top (Allan I think) was powder puff. He genuinely gutted if we signed him.

Get the impression we are actively seeking a striker, but the options we are trialling don’t appear to impress much.
Just hope we get Jak back...

Harrison I thought was the stand out, every ball out from the back was spot on and he just looked really comfortable.

Sammut was a bit meh could tell he isn’t used to men’s football.

Toe was pretty poor imo but not reading much from one half against Aberdeen.

Petra was very willing to take on his man and has pace to burn.

Froxy was just mucking about tbh so hope he wraps that.

All in all a pretty decent performance against a very strong side.

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Get the impression we are actively seeking a striker, but the options we are trialling don’t appear to impress much.
Just hope we get Jak back...

I was in the south stand last game of last season against St.Mirren.  A few around us were giving Jak a hard time, couldn't understand why.  It would be great to get him back with his mate Dennon.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

I was in the south stand last game of last season against St.Mirren.  A few around us were giving Jake a hard time, couldn't understand why.  It would be great to get him back with his mate Dennon.

Can’t understand these people.
Although he did look a bit below par towards the end of the season.
However after a break and with the experience of last season behind him, he could yet do us a really good turn this season.

A striker surely has to be a priority now as as I just don't see how Lewis, Turner and O'Hara are going to get the goals we need, although Lewis will come good I think.

I'd be looking to put O'Hara out on loan and putting his and Shepherd's wages towards an experienced striker.

Harrison I thought was the stand out, every ball out from the back was spot on and he just looked really comfortable.

Sammut was a bit meh could tell he isn’t used to men’s football.

Toe was pretty poor imo but not reading much from one half against Aberdeen.

Petra was very willing to take on his man and has pace to burn.

Froxy was just mucking about tbh so hope he wraps that.

All in all a pretty decent performance against a very strong side.

This is pretty much spot on.

The defence, especially in the first half, looked solid and were unfortunate to concede. Dallison looks to be a real coop for us.

Like stated, you could tell Sammut was new to men’s football however he was composed and play a few cracking passes, will get better over the course of the season. Lithuanian lad looked pacy and wasn’t scared to take a man. Turner up front put in a real shift and will score if he get chances.

Froxylias will be extremely frustrating, he’s obviously got talent but spent too much time tonight fucking about on the ball and is one footed as f**k. He is handsome however, and very at that.