The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He could do one for the arrival of Stevie Maclean and your missus' baby too. 

I told you already, the boaby is massive. It's definitely mine.

In 1939, Lou Gehrig of the New York Yankees delivered his famous farewell speech in which he called himself ‘‘the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Yeah, that worked out well. 

18 hours ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

I’m sure that jak is coming back soon. And I believe that Hartley will try to get a player from Dundee. (Hope it’s faissal)

Hartley hasn't went down the usual manager trait of raiding your previous club for players yet, don't think he has signed a player he has previously worked with as of yet.

I'm not all that keen on Faissal tbh especially when we have Froxy.

13 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

McGhee and Muirhead are both not right backs, but still better than Kidd there. 

I wouldn't mind Kidd at wing back but in a flat back four when defending is the aim, both McGhee and Muirhead are ahead.

My dislike of Kidd eased probably by 100 times(to bring that figure back)with his performances in midfield last season, not amazing but pretty solid where decision making isn't 100% crucial.

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Hartley hasn't went down the usual manager trait of raiding your previous club for players yet, don't think he has signed a player he has previously worked with as of yet.

I'm not all that keen on Faissal tbh especially when we have Froxy.

I wouldn't mind Kidd at wing back but in a flat back four when defending is the aim, both McGhee and Muirhead are ahead.

My dislike of Kidd eased probably by 100 times(to bring that figure back)with his performances in midfield last season, not amazing but pretty solid where decision making isn't 100% crucial.

He's too slow to be a decent wingback for me, would be dissapointed if we started the season with him there. 

I agree with the last paragraph. Perfectly fine back up CM, performed not too terribly in that role. That's about as far it is goes. 

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

McBookie have released their odds, we're 5th favourites behind Thistle, Dundee Utd, County and ICT at 9/1 (joint with Dunfermline).

Silly odds considering we're going to absolutely skoosh the league, McBookie will be bankrupt by the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

McBookie have released their odds, we're 5th favourites behind Thistle, Dundee Utd, County and ICT at 9/1 (joint with Dunfermline).

Perfect placement by the bookies. Why would they place us anywhere else? Why would we want to be placed anywhere else?

Parachute payments to Ross County and Partick, sugar daddy cash to County, DUFC with the biggest support, and who will spend regardless of whether they have the money or not, and ICT because............well, I am not quite sure.

The Fifers have closed in the betting only because Flood was released from his comedy gold contract.

5th favourites is perfectly fine. Bookies will be looking at our signings statistically, and probably haven’t seen pictures of our new chaps yet. Lazy bookies not even prepared to go out and by copies of Vogue and GQ.

31 days until the start of the new season - the time it takes to boil Brussels sprouts to edible

(At Disneyland Paris getting ripped off whilst struggling with a wheelchair and 3 grandkids. Can't promise to have something every day.)

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

31 days until the start of the new season - the time it takes to boil Brussels sprouts to edible

(At Disneyland Paris getting ripped off whilst struggling with a wheelchair and 3 grandkids. Can't promise to have something every day.)

Selfish