The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

New fella would, you'd imagine be a better back up for the left, given versatility, which leaves Kidd third choice holding mid?

Also, some boi Muirhead right enough 

Pretty sure some of the QotS posters have said that Aero has a massive hatred for all things QotS not sure why though.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

Luckily Lewis Kidd is a right back, so signing a left midfielder wouldn't affect him.

I feel this is a minor detail. 

In all honesty, he's unlikely to get a game at either flank unless we end up down at least Muirhead, McGhee and one other centre half.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Pretty sure some of the QotS posters have said that Aero has a massive hatred for all things QotS not sure why though.

Born in Dumfries, maybe inherited a dislike of Queens from his Uncle Davie Irons?

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Kidd said himself he was  a midfielder at Celtic it wasnt till he moved to  QotS they moved him to right back.

Even more of a back up player this year.

Behind Muirhead/McGhee at RB, behind Samut and Paton in Midfield.

January might be interesting for a change, especially if we don't get Harris out this month.

I'm concerned that we had 2700 last season and a lot of new ones this summer.
Why would you drop your ST renewal after this summer?
We need answers people from anyone you know who hasn't renewed yet.
I only renewed 2 of my 3 season tickets as my oldest daughter will miss too many games due to other commitments. the club don't lose out though as my youngest daughter was free last year and now pays! one less ticket but same income for club.

I'm concerned that we had 2700 last season and a lot of new ones this summer.
Why would you drop your ST renewal after this summer?
We need answers people from anyone you know who hasn't renewed yet.
I'm not renewing. Had it for a decade at least. Financial and time commitments have increased. I'll be watching on fotmob.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

I feel this is a minor detail. 

In all honesty, he's unlikely to get a game at either flank unless we end up down at least Muirhead, McGhee and one other centre half.

McGhee will surely be playing at centre back where his best position by far is. I also don't see Hartley suddenly putting Muirhead back to rb when he hardly played him there at all.  

I'm 100% sure Kidd will be playing at RB unless someone else signs.

Edited by EdiBairn

Guest Back Post Misses
I wasn't present during the entire event, but during the Q&A bit in the dressing room he said another one or two players without mentioning positions. I took that as possibly being a striker and right fullback, given that we have one on trial at the moment who played against TNS. Having said that, we've also got a trialist midfielder who played against TNS so maybe it's just a case of whoever catches his eye.
Or maybe he's covering bases and there might be more to come in if some of the current squad go out on loan.
I wouldn't be surprised if the club posted an update on PH's thoughts once the pre-season games are under way. That might be one way of trying to give season ticket sales a push. Or perhaps we're due another statement from the CEO.

The Club would be well advised to stick to the manager IMO

Guest Back Post Misses

He is from Annan

McGhee will surely be playing at centre back where his best position by far is. I also don't see Hartley suddenly putting Muirhead back to rb when he hardly played him there at all.  
after bringing in so many new players I'll be seriously cheesed off if kidd starts at right back this season we will never go up. way too slow and weak in the air. he's decent back up in midfield where speed isn't as critical. I hope Hartley has something else in mind for right back

27 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
57 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

after bringing in so many new players I'll be seriously cheesed off if kidd starts at right back this season we will never go up. way too slow and weak in the air. he's decent back up in midfield where speed isn't as critical. I hope Hartley has something else in mind for right back

Absolutely, but if it comes down to a choice of him, Muirhead or McGhee, I'd choose Kidd.

Muirhead isn't a right back never mind a wing back and McGhee is one of the best centre backs in the division, so should play there. 

Personally, I think we're still a right back, a striker and maybe a winger short.

15 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

McGhee and Muirhead are both not right backs, but still better than Kidd there. 

Kidd is 100 times better than Muirhead at right back, and if you look at the statistics of each player, we've done far better with Kidd there.

If we're playing with a back 5, we'd have absolutely no attacking threat down the right with Muirhead there.

I was at the game against the New Saints.  Very much a fitness exercise, with little excitement for the Bairns that had travelled.  First half was played in stiffleling warm conditions with a five minute water break in the middle.  No real cohesion in midfield meant the two up front were starved of the ball.  Leo Fasan looked quite composed and professional, whilst Muirhead and Dallison were decent and appeared to have  a promising understanding.  The two guys up front, Parker and trialist looked quick, but as I say didn't receive much of the ball.  Foxy is a ball player but doesn't look keen to chase back.

The second half the temperature had dropped significantly and as a result the second half team looked much fresher and energetic than the first half team and we actually had a couple of efforts on goal!  Jordan McGhee stood out, captain second half, whilst Brough and the trialist right back looked strong and tried to get forward.  Kidd was a positive in central midfield having come back on after playing the first half at right back.   I actually thought Petravicius looked good, his short passing, movement and pace.

A lot of work still to be done and I think Muirhead and Kidd will be important individuals in what is currently a youthful and inexperienced squad.

10 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Kidd is 100 times better than Muirhead at right back, and if you look at the statistics of each player, we've done far better with Kidd there.

If we're playing with a back 5, we'd have absolutely no attacking threat down the right with Muirhead there.

Go on then enlighten me as to how he is 100 times better? And don't make this into me having some sort of love in for Muirhead at right back. He is not a right back, which is part of my point as to how shite Kidd is there.