The Falkirk FC Thread

Indeed he did, and that was his plan all along. Another reason I can't be doing with the hero worship. He knew what he was doing. Not getting into this again though, can't be doing with it. 

So, this left back, can he play up front or on the wing? 

Pretty sure he can also play up the wing. Sort of like leahy. Although I don’t think he is as good as leahy.

I think a striker really has to be the priority now. We have the creative players but I'm not confident that Lewis and Turner can get the goals we need. I wouldn't be averse to Gavin Reilly coming in.

Edited by EdiBairn

4 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I think a striker really has to be the priority now. We have the creative players but I'm not confident that Lewis and Turner can get the goals we need. I wouldn't be averse to Gavin Reilly coming in.

Bristol City apparently interested in him

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

The way I remember it is that Yogi didn't bother his arse trying to tie anyone down for the following season cause he knew he was offski, indeed did he not take advantage and nab an out-of-contract Padge on the back of it!?

And McBride !!!

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

season ticket watch (from Twitter, these are the only ones I could see).

Dundee Utd 3,472 (as at 2/7)
Falkirk 2,550 (as at 1/7)
Dunfermline 2,279 (as at 26/6)

important for us as anything over 2700 isn't budgeted for and will be given to ph for more players

I can't see us quite making 3000 but I think 2850-2900 is realistic. I might have been tempted to extend the early bird period to try and encourage some more waverers.

Edited by EdiBairn

important for us as anything over 2700 isn't budgeted for and will be given to ph for more players

Be interesting to understand how many tickets in percentage terms usually get purchased outside the early bird period.
Can’t work out if 2,550 at this point is good or just decent.

agreed there is still time to bring 1 or 2 in which imo we still need. this was our main issue last year and really hope we address it early this year

Be interesting to understand how many tickets in percentage terms usually get purchased outside the early bird period.
Can’t work out if 2,550 at this point is good or just decent.
I think we sold 2700 last year including Xmas ones so think we must be ahead with a month to go till league starts.

it's very good numbers when you consider we're nearly a decade in this league and finished 8th last season

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

We wouldn't be adverse to him coming in for you guys either.

In terms of being judged on the “new upbeat approach” is probably a bit disappointing. Being judged on coming 8th last season, and in particular, the abysmal performances on offer in the first half of the season, then it’s absolutely outstanding.
In terms of marketing, I can’t help but feel that the momentum has been allowed to slip a little. There’s still time to re-energise things, (this is the one area where pre-season performances are used by some to determine their level of buy in), but not being a marketing person, I don’t know what is needed. It’s all just a wee bit quiet on the “banging the ST sales drum” front.

In terms of being judged on the “new upbeat approach” is probably a bit disappointing. Being judged on coming 8th last season, and in particular, the abysmal performances on offer in the first half of the season, then it’s absolutely outstanding.
In terms of marketing, I can’t help but feel that the momentum has been allowed to slip a little. There’s still time to re-energise things, (this is the one area where pre-season performances are used by some to determine their level of buy in), but not being a marketing person, I don’t know what is needed. It’s all just a wee bit quiet on the “banging the ST sales drum” front.

To be fair, the club are trying hard. I notice there’s an open day planned with the players where you can take pictures, get autographs etc.
Not sure there’s much more that they can do.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'm sure Bullen got a 2yr or possibly 3yr which recall being madness, Jackie Mac got 2yr and I'm sure McCann got 1yr.

Bullen, McCann, & McNamara all got two year deals. McCann left after one year, allegedly because he didn't get on with Elvis so  after Pressley was appointed as Assistant to May McCann then wanted out. O' Brien got a three year deal.

Those four were the mainstays of Yogi's "Next Level" signings in the summer of 2008, along with Steve Lovell who got a one year deal.  A spending spree that would have seen us relegated were it not for the ball deflecting off Higdon's thigh in the final game of the season at Inverness. Plus Dani Mallo, of course.

May allegedly tried to get rid of all four when he took over due to their salaries being more than we could afford after the collapse of the Setanta deal. Or at least that was the story that was leaking out from the club at the time.  McNamara went, the others remained and at the end of that season we did go down.

32 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The double signing of Jak and El Bak will see us easily surge ahead of Dundee United 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

To be fair, the club are trying hard. I notice there’s an open day planned with the players where you can take pictures, get autographs etc.
Not sure there’s much more that they can do.

You may well be right. They are probably asking themselves the same question. At least, I hope they are!