The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Distinct lack of action on the signing front. Finger out Don.
I don't know why but I think Harrison will be our big find of the season. Just a hunch

You might be right, everytime I think about him in the team, I see people flying up in the air. 

53 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

McCall coasted the 2nd tier but was exposed, against Premier opposition, in a cup tie at EEP.

Well he wasn't exposed against a higher quality of Premier opposition in Hearts at Brockville. 

2 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Anyone going to the Aberdeen game at gayfield??? Thinking of going, but don’t want to if no-one else is.

I'm probably popping along, not sure whether driving or taking the train though. 

Guest Back Post Misses
If you take the SS Adult as a mid point between adult prime and concession prices that could be around 600k in revenue, not bad at all. 

Less 20% VAT

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Is it too early to start with who will be the gem and who will be the dud this season out of the new signings ?

I think Froxy might end up as this seasons cult Moutinho type, invisible for long spells then moments of magic.  Brough might be a pleasant surprise. If anyone is going to be a let down it'll be Sammut, just given his reputation.

7 hours ago, Russ said:

I remember being up at Forfar for a friendly where Loy was playing as a trialist. There were a lot of young boys playing and even though he scored a penalty really didn’t think he was up to much.

With the Stokes season I’m sure we started the season with only Pedro and Alan Gow as our strikers which was fucking madness. Sure he brought in Stokes, John fucking Stewart and Tam McManus all on deadline day.

Guessing the Forfar game was pre Dunfermline as both him and Roberts were signed post the Dunfermline game, I could see much more in Loy's game at Dunfermline than Roberts. 

If we can think of that season, going into pre season with zero forwards signed up

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

End of the day to sum up Yogi

Most successful Falkirk manager = Yes

W*nker of a person = Yes

Case closed

I dont think I'd call him a w****r, just his ego is bigger than his talent and he believes what some press have written about him.

I'll never forget him coming back first game of the season with Hibs....he was shitting it walking out.

I can see both in good and bad re Yogi, it perhaps levels its way out, tho he left the club a mess with the divide between players/management and fans massive, I can credit Pressley with bridging that gap, tho helped with having to play kids

Edited by MrDust

I think Harrison will be great for us this season as hes just what we've lacked for a while now, a good old fashioned no nonsense thug looking type.

Allied to Dallisons swashbuckling moonlit runs from defence style and Aeros screwball routine, and thats an interesting range of personalities if nothing else.

Id have them played by Daniel Craig, Henry Cavill and Barry Bostwick respectively when they make the hollywood production of the story of next seasons frankly mind boggling turn of events

COYB!