The Falkirk FC Thread

O'Hara won't be going anywhere- Hartley gave him a new contract. I can imagine Shepherd will be quite in demand from a number of clubs if he's not in Hartley's plans.
Do your tears make the pastry on your steak pie soggy?

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

O'Hara won't be going anywhere- Hartley gave him a new contract. I can imagine Shepherd will be quite in demand from a number of clubs if he's not in Hartley's plans.

I can imagine winning the lottery. Doesn't mean it's ever happening. 

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I can imagine winning the lottery. Doesn't mean it's ever happening. 

I can imagine using Sheps as a footstool. But not as a player, maybe as part of a wall during free kick training. Or a ball boy. 

7 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

All teams appear to exclude Harrison. Is there a reason?

You mean the ones we've picked? 

Personally, I feel he's been signed as a rough diamond, not a starter. He'll be a situational starter when we need more muscle. Wouldn't be surprised if we see him at midfield. 

How anyone can pick a side is beyond me. Harrison could be an absolute star in this league with Dallison more of a project to gain experience and slowly work his way into the team. Remember when both Vaulks and Leahy came to the club in similar circumstances they took literally 6 months to get up to speed. If that was down to poor management or their experience, who knows.  We are banking on these young lads to all hit the ground running which I can't see happening. Dennon Lewis has played 37 first team matches over national league / league 2 and scored 4 goals; yet people are thinking he's going to be some sort of number 9 messiah. I'm not writing the player off, I'm sure he will be a star but may need time to develop.

Not trying to kill these vibes but I just feel some people are getting overly carried away. Our target for next season should be 4th; which imo will still be a tall ask with such a turnover. We have most of these players on 2 year deals which is maybe a more realistic timeframe to see us promoted.

Edited by wee_bairn

24 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How anyone can pick a side is beyond me. Harrison could be an absolute star in this league with Dallison more of a project to gain experience and slowly work his way into the team. Remember when both Vaulks and Leahy came to the club in similar circumstances they took a literally 6 months to get up to speed. If that was down to poor management or their experience, who knows.  We are banking on these young lads to all hit the ground running which I can't see happening. Dennon Lewis has played 37 first team matches over national league / league 2 and scored 4 goals; yet people are thinking he's going to be some sort of number 9 messiah. I'm not writing the player off, I'm sure he will be a star but may need time to develop as a player.

Not trying to kill these vibes but I just feel some people are getting overly carried away. Our target for next season should be 4th; which imo will still be a tall ask with such a turnover. We have most of these players on 2 year deals which is maybe a more realistic timeframe to see us promoted.

Our target should be to win the league!!!!

41 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How anyone can pick a side is beyond me. Harrison could be an absolute star in this league with Dallison more of a project to gain experience and slowly work his way into the team. Remember when both Vaulks and Leahy came to the club in similar circumstances they took a literally 6 months to get up to speed. If that was down to poor management or their experience, who knows.  We are banking on these young lads to all hit the ground running which I can't see happening. Dennon Lewis has played 37 first team matches over national league / league 2 and scored 4 goals; yet people are thinking he's going to be some sort of number 9 messiah. I'm not writing the player off, I'm sure he will be a star but may need time to develop as a player.

Who invited you Buzz Killington