The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lawrie was nothing short of a revelation. I never disliked him before it, far from it but we used to laugh at him a wee bit and one lad I used to go with called him "pinpoint". Then that season he was just unreal. Sum boi.

Getting snapped was about the only thing that was going to stop him that year imo.

Think we still need another forward minimum. Hopefully Shepherd and Harris piss off shortly. O'Hara dont hold much faith in as a starter. Nelson i dont think will be back now at least maybe in short term. Turner looks like  he is a tall striker  so prob his replacement. 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Think we still need another forward minimum. Hopefully Shepherd and Harris piss off shortly. O'Hara dont hold much faith in as a starter. Nelson i dont think will be back now at least maybe in short term. Turner looks like  he is a tall striker  so prob his replacement. 

Wikipedia has him as five foot nine, so he'll be somewhere between 3 foot and 8 foot.

Shepherd and O'Hara both need to piss off, neither of them can score goals in this league.

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Cant understand how this still does the rounds on here. O’Hara is just not good enough. Wasn’t last season, def isn’t for this season if we’re serious about making a credible challenge, which we are. 

Just now, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Cant understand how this still does the rounds on here. O’Hara is just not good enough. Wasn’t last season, def isn’t for this season if we’re serious about making a credible challenge, which we are. 

I'm happy stating that they will both be off before we get into the cup games.

Just now, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Hope you mean all three of them will be oot the door, rather than just “both”,  DB. 

Sadly no, O'Hara and Sheps will be cheap enough to just free if we can't get a taker, but Harris will need a club lined up plus some sort of payoff, so that might take time.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Sadly no, O'Hara and Sheps will be cheap enough to just free if we can't get a taker, but Harris will need a club lined up plus some sort of payoff, so that might take time.

O'Hara won't be going anywhere- Hartley gave him a new contract. I can imagine Shepherd will be quite in demand from a number of clubs if he's not in Hartley's plans.

Edited by EdiBairn

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

O'Hara won't be going anywhere- Hartley gave him a new contract. I can imagine Shepherd will be quite in demand from a number of clubs if he's not in Hartley's plans.

:rolleyes:

Sheps you are absolutely shite and nae c**t wants you.

Possibly, but none of them will be full time, and some of them might well be amateur.

22 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Probably not as a player though.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Speaking of Andy Lawrie, I just noticed that despite being retired nearly a decade he is still in his thirties. Maybe we call him back for one last season emoji23.png

300 and something games by the age of 30 isn't half bad. Was it injury that finished him, or just the realisation that he was playing for Stirling Albion, do you think?

Mind you, Sibbald had played over 200 by his very early 20s, so I guess it's not that impressive.  Always wondered what sort of career Lawrie would have had had he not had that leg break..

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Oh Scott. You have 3 years on O’Hara. He is still a teenager. Stop comparing yourself. You are finished at this level. Get doon!!!

49 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

300 and something games by the age of 30 isn't half bad. Was it injury that finished him, or just the realisation that he was playing for Stirling Albion, do you think?

https://www.thesouthernreporter.co.uk/sport/laid-back-lawrie-takes-a-break-1-108150