The Falkirk FC Thread

Six month loan. Hope he hits the ground running then. Especially if we don't bring anyone else in. Can't afford to give him the chance to bed in, yet what other options would we have? A front two of Lewis and? 

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

Edibairn would flip!

So would his maw. Question is, which account would she use to register her displeasure? At least shep has scored a few goals, O'Hara hasn't at all. Still the only bit of the team with no genuine depth, unless we are only playing one up, and even then it's thin. 

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

This Dan Turner could be the corner turner though

He could be, but if we assume that O'Hara and Sheps will continue to be ghosts, then we have two strikers, one of whom will be off in January. So we need at least one more, preferably with experience of actually scoring. 

I think as well as Turner we need one more. I would have liked an older experienced striker added also.

I'm hoping that if Turner does well we could maybe keep him for the season. Never been a fan of 6 month deals to January as him leaving could upset the balance of the team. Different if someone comes in during the January window until the end of the season.

Hoping the Don has another ace up his sleeve.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think as well as Turner we need one more. I would have liked an older experienced striker added also.

I'm hoping that if Turner does well we could maybe keep him for the season. Never been a fan of 6 month deals to January as him leaving could upset the balance of the team. Different if someone comes in during the January window until the end of the season.

We have to hope so, one and a half strikers is not going to cover it, even if the midfield bangs in more than their share. 

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Having read the article it looks like if he does indeed perform for us he'll be recalled.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

It's a double edged sword a 6 month deal to January. We want him to do well and have the sort of impact Tony Stokes had but if he does that as you say Port Vale take him back and we have to go looking for a decent striker in the January window.

That's enough negativity from me though, The Don knows what he is doing and I trust him to have a plan up his sleeve.

Who knows Shepps has maybe grown 4 inches, bulked up and now looking something akin to Harry Kane [emoji16]

If I remember rightly we are allowed 4 loans at same time so this would make two and another two possible + anyone the Don can afford and thinks will enhance the team

I dont think  Andy Nelson will be back by the looks as he wants to fight for a place at Sunderland which is a fair one,  hopefully Jak will be back but as said would be better with an experienced head up front.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/andrew-nelson-to-be-handed-sunderland-chance-by-jack-ross-as-he-waits-on-lyle-taylor-1-9221967

Edited by AL-FFC