The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm absolutely stunned he's managed a move to a Premiership side. Fair play to him and his agent; however, he is nowhere near that level. He was rightly released at the end of the season by Hartley as he was never going to be a part of a side who had ambitions of being promoted. Each time he returned from an injury he looked less and less mobile to the point where I felt he was even ineffective as a defensive midfielder who breaks up the play. As mentioned above; cracking character and unbelievable work ethic so I really hope it works out for him.

Loved Taiwo but reckon maybe he’s had one injury too many. However alongside a centre mid that will do all the running he might be a reasonably effectively defence midfielder but he’s probably been signed as a back up.

Loved Taiwo but reckon maybe he’s had one injury too many. However alongside a centre mid that will do all the running he might be a reasonably effectively defence midfielder but he’s probably been signed as a back up.

Is he a deep lying holding midfielder then?

As mentioned before we have MacKinnon who plays that role (and that of the tough tackling, slightly unhinged enforcer).

Good to have Taiwo though as we really miss MacKinnon when he’s out (often due to suspensions!).

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Simon Stainrod does wot he wants m8. If he says it happened, it happened. 

Scores from corners too, I believe against St Johnstone

12 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Paton will be a shrewd bit of business for Falkirk. He is limited without question but he is the type of spoiler that every decent team needs. He gets a hard time from some sections of the Thistle support but we've been missing someone with his dig for a while now - and we still don't appear to have rectified it yet. He was never going to get a gig back at Firhill whilst Archie was in charge (as much as Paton tried) but Hartley seems like the sort of manager who will get a tune out of him.

I had tipped Morton to be dark horses but Falkirk are shaping up to be more so, especially since many players are unknown quantities.

I always thought he was a bit rotund in either watching him briefly v Falkirk or on Tv and his daft challenges put him on a tight rope after a booking.

He wont get away with being rotund with Hartley, its a step down in league where the quality has definitely got worse year in year out, same could be said league above tho.

On paper, decent signing and Armand suggests, Hartley will be a manager to get best out of him....hopefully

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's Taiwo confirmed as signed for us.

Thoughts Bairns?

solid player and will fit in well at Hamilton, its the injury side of his career that is the downside. I personally would have signed him on again if his injury record isnt as bad as it is, a lot of our season pre the signings were when he was in the team, that doesnt say much tho.....!!!

Solid pro and is one player I am sure would receive a decent clap or two if our paths met again soon, before and when he is subbed obviously

5 minutes ago, bomberharris said:

As mentioned before we have MacKinnon who plays that role (and that of the tough tackling, slightly unhinged enforcer).

Good to have Taiwo though as we really miss MacKinnon when he’s out (often due to suspensions!).

I can see Taiwo getting similar treatment with refs that are looking for an opportunity to send someone off, a lot of Taiwos tackles are fair but some do give refs a question to ask albeit they are 100% fair tackles.

I would say so yeah. Sounds like he could be a solid replacement for MacKinnon.

The annoying fifer Piracy has PM,d  another asking to be banned and of course we will follow his request to the letter.:thumsup2 

Following on from the crusader that was Jimmy85([emoji16]). Whatever’s happened to all the Pars posters nowadays? Who’s manning the hotline?…

28 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

40 days until the start of the new season, the length of time Knights were obliged to give in service each year to their King in the Middle Ages.

Forty is the only number in English whose letters appear in alphabetical order

Guest Back Post Misses

I would have McKinnon every time over Taiwo

Guest Back Post Misses
Brilliant move for Tom he deserves it. One of the nicest players I ever had the pleasure to meet.

There is a theme developing on a lot of the players who have gone from last seasons mess. They are all nice guys.............

Sorry lads - Paul Paton just isn't very good at football. He hides that well enough to begin with with his chest thumping and running around, but you'll see through it quick enough as you realise how little he actually contributes in a game. He's slow, his tackling isn't great (although he does love an occasional crunching tackle which helps him get the fans behind him), his passing is pretty poor and he doesn't contribute much going forward beyond the odd Hollywood ball which is spectacular when it comes off.... just don't expect it to come off more than once or twice out of ten. He's also exceptionally one footed.

I always felt we were a better team when he wasn't playing. 

Good luck with him and all that, but I much preferred your previous policy of signing handsome footballers with no baggage. Pates is none of those things. He also likes Donald Trump.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is a theme developing on a lot of the players who have gone from last seasons mess. They are all nice guys.............

He tries really hard and is a nice guy though. I hope our new breed are all absolute c*nts.

This is the scottish championship for fecks sake. God knows why people keep coming on to tell us how crap players were at a higher level. I dont give a feck how shit they were at leagues above us as long as they can do a job at the level we're playing at.