The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Gus2 said:

Will you be need at the Stade de Bairns anymore this week

I'll be in at 0830 tomorrow as I have four commercial-related jobs on, plus covering the first day of training. Then two further commercial jobs on Thursday and two on Friday.

I suspect the club will give an update on the likelihood (or otherwise) of further transfer activity during the course of the day, at least if todays excellent communications are anything to go by. 

Ok, sensing a tiny bit of disapproval I'm here.  I leave it to you guys.  

If you’ve been reading this thread for the past year you must know they’re only teasing you. Always good to get a new perspective on here imo...

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Fasan

Harrison Dallison McGhee Robson 

Owen-Evans Froxylias Sammut Petravicius

Lewis Jakubiak

Subs: Mitchell, Muirhead, Brough, Kidd, McKee, Turner, Nelson

A new right back, Dunne & O'Hara to add a bit more competition for places

Squad goals boys, squad goals :wub:

The worrying part is the above team is that it contains 8 new players and it may take time to blend as many as that in, I think Muirhead will be in the 11 tho.

We defo needed a clear out, still one or two(three if Shepherd is still here) more to go would be ideal for me

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Which of the new lads do you think is going to be the scapegoat for the usual suspects now that Sibbald is away?

Froxylias must be the early favourite.

Muirhead still with us....especially if he is at right back

A worrying amount of people talking about “right back” in this thread. Hartley has said we’ll work on two systems which is presumably back-3 and back-4, but based on what worked and what didn’t last year I’d imagine we’ll predominantly use a 3-4-3/3-5-2 with Robson at LWB and probably a new signing at RWB. I actually think that playing in a 3 suits both Muirhead and McGhee as well as both seem to do well on the outside of the 3. I’m hoping either Dallison or Harrison can be the middle man in the back 3

I'd speculate that it's something to do with player turnover numbers.
Since May, nineteen players have left the club and I can think of a few  more who won't be there when the season begins. We've announced only nine replacements in the intervening period.
Don't worry about personal information. If you annoy someone, and they find out, it'll be revealed. One of our regular posters on here decided to "out" me recently. Falkirk fan too. A few of the Falkirk posters used to know who I was but now the whole world does. Thanks BPM. :blink:
It didn't hurt. I'm still alive. There are no stalkers or (sadly) groupies outside my front door. Though I do have to be a little more cautious about what I post nowadays.
Welcome to the fun.

Just think you wouldn’t have had all that hero worship in the last couple of days without me.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
Hartley did this literally every summer at Dundee. It always went really well.

And they got out of this league. That is his goal here.

Not after one of his summer transfer bonanzas though... 

7 hours ago, Donathan said:

A worrying amount of people talking about “right back” in this thread. Hartley has said we’ll work on two systems which is presumably back-3 and back-4, but based on what worked and what didn’t last year I’d imagine we’ll predominantly use a 3-4-3/3-5-2 with Robson at LWB and probably a new signing at RWB. I actually think that playing in a 3 suits both Muirhead and McGhee as well as both seem to do well on the outside of the 3. I’m hoping either Dallison or Harrison can be the middle man in the back 3

What’s worrying you about that? Talk to us...

Not after one of his summer transfer bonanzas though... 
Well thats still his remit and it wasnt happening with last seasons players. It also isnt happening by signing the same auld pish from round the doors. Even Houston who arguably got us better than the sum of our parts couldnt get us over the line and ultimately fell off a cliff as the Championship jobber type began to represent a higher % of our squad culminating in last seasons disaster.

All the banter aside, we are all fully aware of the risks in Hartleys strategy, but he said he was going to scout for and sign certain types of player and he is getting them. I dont think a single Falkirk fan on here would go back to the days of waiting around for John Rankin (Scottish jobber) to replace Will Vaulks (previously unknown absolute #baller)

Still need a striker or two, if we sign Turner i would say the chances of Nelson coming back are pretty slim. Would love to see the yak return though. Hopefully see a "Harris and Shepherd leave the club" type announcement at some point today aswell. If that happens i would say the deadwood has pretty much been cleared out. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

All the banter aside, we are all fully aware of the risks in Hartleys strategy, but he said he was going to scout for and sign certain types of player and he is getting them. I dont think a single Falkirk fan on here would go back to the days of waiting around for John Rankin (Scottish jobber) to replace Will Vaulks (previously unknown absolute #baller)

Devil's advocate here but as it stands we've replaced Sibbald and Jakubiak/Nelson with a guy who was in and out of the Dumbarton team and a striker who has never scored a career goal and was a laughing stock at Motherwell. 

Devil's advocate here but as it stands we've replaced Sibbald and Jakubiak/Nelson with a guy who was in and out of the Dumbarton team and a striker who has never scored a career goal and was a laughing stock at Motherwell. 
Yeah but Sibbald in an ideal world would never have been part of the exodus and we would like to have either Jak or Nelson back. Hartley bangs on about quality all of the time, all of those would be in his range.

I am actually buying into Froxy more than the Lithuanian lad at this moment. I think Froxy, used properly, training full time and with better players around him will prove a shrewd move.