The Falkirk FC Thread

[emoji38]
Falkirk are probably the only club in Scotland to have punted more players than us this summer.
Yeah but we released the dross, you have had your better players sign for Championship rivals. The only player of note we have lost is Sibbald and he has moved to the league above.

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
emoji38.png
Falkirk are probably the only club in Scotland to have punted more players than us this summer.

Yeah but we released the dross, you have had your better players sign for Championship rivals. The only player of note we have lost is Sibbald and he has moved to the league above.

If we sign Faissal then I don't care about the rest.

38 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
41 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
emoji38.png

The only player I'm worried about is Aird, even if Higginbotham was to leave I wouldn't be that fussed.  Aird though was outstanding by the end of the season. 

Talbot, McManus, Shiels, Wedderburn, Paton and Cardle weren't starters by the end of the season which is when we were at our best, we did only finish fourth and if we want to improve we need to bring in better players, to do that you need to release some players to free up wages. 

Durnan is a good replacement for Morris and with a full pre season Ryan will replace the goals from Clark, going by your reviews Longridge has the work rate, but better quality on the ball to be an upgrade on McManus. 

The big miss is Aird, the only name we've been linked with that I'd be happy as a replacement would be Lawless. Didn't think I'd be lamenting the loss of Aird when he first signed... 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

The only player I'm worried about is Aird, even if Higginbotham was to leave I wouldn't be that fussed.  Aird though was outstanding by the end of the season. 

Talbot, McManus, Shiels, Wedderburn, Paton and Cardle weren't starters by the end of the season which is when we were at our best, we did only finish fourth and if we want to improve we need to bring in better players, to do that you need to release some players to free up wages. 

Durnan is a good replacement for Morris and with a full pre season Ryan will replace the goals from Clark, going by your reviews Longridge has the work rate, but better quality on the ball to be an upgrade on McManus. 

The big miss is Aird, the only name we've been linked with that I'd be happy as a replacement would be Lawless. Didn't think I'd be lamenting the loss of Aird when he first signed... 

We never lamented the loss of him when he left us. 

Fraser 'No Surrender' Aird only shone toward the latter end of the season. Even then he was posted missing against Caley.

I couldn't care less about him.

5 hours ago, DeeBairn said:
5 hours ago, Piracy said:
Billy Bunter would be a better winger than you have at the moment.

Given we don't have any wingers at all, you'd probably do a job, and you've probably got a limp.

Fit enough to do it. I'll be along for a pre-season trial so keep an eye out. I'm a flasha b*****d.

I've got a walking stick and an NHS neck brace.

I wear a Regatta fleece, grey joggy bottoms and steel toe caps (free from my job with the Cooncil).