The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I should have added that I would rather sign no c**t than panic buy some of the Championship jobbers some of our so called rivals seem to be snapping up.

Been there, done that.

Jordan White, Danny Devine & Durnan... 

image.jpg

26 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Was discussing this at work with a fellow Bairn yesterday. I renewed on the first day they were on sale but since the season tickets have been on sale there has been heehaw signing news.

Early days I know and plenty time to get players in but a couple of decent signings might help boost the ST sales.

Plenty of time,  a few mid thirty x Premier players, and a couple of lads in from a ninth tier English outfit and we're good to go. 

19 minutes ago, JB22 said:

Very proud to have joined the forum and the Don profile pic revolution! What a beautiful man.

To be honest, he's a beardy, chubby wee f*cker. But he's our beardy, chubby wee f*cker.

ST sales will be somewhere in the region of 2,250-2,500 at the end of the EB period, they usually are regardless of activity.

But a “name” signing on would, IMHO, add a good few hundred onto the ST sales.
I'd rather wait and get the right signing(s) rather than a 'name' signing to sell season tickets considering how well last seasons 'name' signing turned out!

I'd rather wait and get the right signing(s) rather than a 'name' signing to sell season tickets considering how well last seasons 'name' signing turned out!
Must have been a howler, I don't even remember.

Tommy Taiwo seems to have landed on his feet anyway. 2 year deal with hamilton and a wage increase.  2 years seems a bit of stretch with his injury record though.

Great news for the wee man. Well deserved. Now he can kick fcuk out of the top division. Just shows you what other clubs think... We have discarded him and he jumps into the top league...i sincerely hope PH has got this right [emoji15]

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Tommy Taiwo seems to have landed on his feet anyway. 2 year deal with hamilton and a wage increase.  2 years seems a bit of stretch with his injury record though.

Really pleased for Tommy. A cracking servant for us and always gave his all.

Thats a midfield two who were deemed not good enough for us now signed by top league teams.

Good long term planning getting him for the second year he’ll do a job in the championship.

The team finish eighth and you get folk greetin about the players who have left

Players that put us in that position and actually played for the most part. Unlike the Uber Pish Loy and Harris.

My biggest worry about Hartley is the fact that he thought Welsh, Longridge and even Sibbald would be good enough for us to challenge. he should have gutted the entire team.

Sure Taiwo runs about and gets stuck in, but he’s injury prone and lacks the physicality to play in his position and doesn’t have the tactical nous to overcome these weaknesses. 

3 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Players that put us in that position and actually played for the most part. Unlike the Uber Pish Loy and Harris.

My biggest worry about Hartley is the fact that he thought Welsh, Longridge and even Sibbald would be good enough for us to challenge. he should have gutted the entire team.

Sure Taiwo runs about and gets stuck in, but he’s injury prone and lacks the physicality to play in his position and doesn’t have the tactical nous to overcome these weaknesses. 

Think the point is Taiwo tried just the fact that one player trying out a team of 11 isnt going to work, in all honesty the ones that were there at the start of the season and downed tools and put us into that position for whatever reason it be money, wanted rid of Houston etc shows how little the club or the fans mean to them.

13 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

If you are referring to Taiwo, people are just wishing him well as he was a good servant for us. Don't see anyone greeting about him leaving tbh.

I knew Taiwo would easily get a Premier League team. In terms of being a purely defensive midfielder, there's no one better at this level. The issue last season was the players beside him weren't doing their jobs in terms of creating chances which then led to Taiwo being criticised for some reason.

If we had a team full of Tom Taiwos. Do you honestly believe we'd finished 8th? The guy played with his heart on his sleeve week in week out, not many can boast about that last season.

Injury prone? Maybe...but then again if he had decent help in that midfield maybe he wouldn't have been injured as much - he sometimes had to cover and played like 2 men on the park with a heart of 10. He never shirked a tackle coz he was hard as f**k!

Falkirk legend for me!!!

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

If we had a team full of Tom Taiwos. Do you honestly believe we'd finished 8th? The guy played with his heart on his sleeve week in week out, not many can boast about that last season.

Injury prone? Maybe...but then again if he had decent help in that midfield maybe he wouldn't have been injured as much - he sometimes had to cover and played like 2 men on the park with a heart of 10. He never shirked a tackle coz he was hard as f**k!

Falkirk legend for me!!!

Shite Neil Duffy or Scott McKenzie on a par with Neil Scally more like.