The Falkirk FC Thread

County don't have any debt, so they're nothing like Gretna or Livingston.  When McGregor pulls out, they'll cut their cloth accordingly and drop down to their natural level.  They won't go bust or go into admin like these clubs.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

County don't have any debt, so they're nothing like Gretna or Livingston.  When McGregor pulls out, they'll cut their cloth accordingly and drop down to their natural level.  They won't go bust or go into admin like these clubs.

Problem before is that the owners or investors of the other clubs hit hard times and cant pay off the debts.  I presume all the debt is taken on by McGregor as and when needed so that if he went bust the club would be covered although I'm not sure how they would pay for long term contracts in that kind of scenario?

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Problem before is that the owners or investors of the other clubs hit hard times and cant pay off the debts.  I presume all the debt is taken on by McGregor as and when needed so that if he went bust the club would be covered although I'm not sure how they would pay for long term contracts in that kind of scenario?

Roy MacGregor is not going to go bust.

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Roy MacGregor is not going to go bust.

Probably not but they've said the same about guys with more cash than him.  Wonder what would happen if he carked it the morrow.

Edited by Shodwall cat

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Presumably they'll all come to some mutual agreement.  He's not going to just walk away one day and they'll be left paying guys £2k a week on crowds half of Falkirk's.  He'll tie up all loose ends.

1 minute ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Robbie Thomson, any good?

Nowhere near as bad as the replies you're about to get will make out, but he is a solid League One keeper at best. Decent shotstopper (who isnae these days right enough) but his distribution is quite slow and he doesn't seem to communicate with his defence enough.

3 minutes ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Robbie Thomson, any good?

He's so slow to dive for things that stuff goes through him that you'd expect to just get saved. Doesn't make obvious mistakes but you'll concede loads more goals and the defence won't trust him so they'll all look nervous all the time. 

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Depends on when the cash is gifted, I would have thought.

If he puts the money up front at the start of the season to cover the projected expenditure they'll be fine. Likewise, if someone signs a three year deal on big wages they'll also be fine, providing he hands over the cash to cover the entirety of the contract on the day the player signs. 

So if McGregor dies, goes bankrupt or walks away it's no big deal. They've got the money in the bank to cover their costs. The player gets freed at the end of their deal and County sign a Highland League player on peanuts to replace them. 

It's only when the investor pays in arrears that you've got a problem. Which seems to be how everyone operates. I have no idea if County are any different.

The RC model has been done before and every time it has ended the same way. He wouldn't be a very good busniess man if he wasn't getting some return on his investment or gaurantees aren't in place IMO. 

He will get fed up evenually and leave them mark my words they will fold in to oblivion one day. 

Thanks for the responses folks, doesn’t sound excellent but we’ve had Graeme Smith in goals for large parts of last season so how much worse can it be.
You getting an artificial pitch at Starks. Was in Kirkcaldy last week and seen the pitch has been dug up.

You getting an artificial pitch at Starks. Was in Kirkcaldy last week and seen the pitch has been dug up.

Yeah, not sure when it’s due to be finished though, our home games in the league cup are provisionally scheduled for Bayview so it’s looking likely it be after the groups of that.