The Falkirk FC Thread

My tuppence worth.... I am not furious. I would have been delighted if he stayed, but I cant be furious that he has gone. How many more times could we really say "one more season Sibbs..."

Without doubt he wanted to play in the Premiership with us bit we couldnt offer that this season and a lot is changing under Hartley. Had he actively wanted to stay I would have been very happy but if he actively wanted to go and challenge himself higher up then there isnt really a counter arguement to that. We dont have any right to slate the laddie for it. He is known to be a home bird, this is a fairly local club who can offer him instant Premiership football. Its exactly what he wanted.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we wanted him to stay you invoke the option you don't say okay do you want to stay or not? Thats the whole idea of an option .  It takes the decision out of the hands of one side otherwise there is no point in having it.

You're just not getting it are you?

Hartley wants players who want to be here. If Sibbald had said 'right gaffer, I'm buzzing for next season and I want to help get us promoted' I'm sure he would still be here. The option was included to ensure that the club would receive some money if he left.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

You're just not getting it are you?

Hartley wants players who want to be here. If Sibbald had said 'right gaffer, I'm buzzing for next season and I want to help get us promoted' I'm sure he would still be here. The option was included to ensure that the club would receive some money if he left.

We were trying to persuade him to stay by offering him more cash though.  Surely if we only want players 100% committed to Falkirk then that commitment shouldnt be based on an extra few quid being paid to them a week. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We were trying to persuade him to stay by offering him more cash though.  Surely if we only want players 100% committed to Falkirk then that commitment shouldnt be based on an extra few quid being paid to them a week. 

Players usually follow £s or in rare occasions ambition.

A move to Livvy gives him both

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Players usually follow £s or in rare occasions ambition.

A move to Livvy gives him both

Would be interesting to see if he really is on a lot more cash if any.  Lets face it its playing in the top flight that was really his only real demand or he would be nowhere near Livi.

Good Morning to everyone apart from Craig.... CAMPBELL WHEYYY

Honestly, at this point I am not aware of anything that Craig Campbell has done wrong?
It’s a common theme here to attack our chairman when things don’t go our way, even when not entirely in our control.
I’ll hold off until I know conclusively what he’s done wrong.
Cue BPM........

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Honestly, at this point I am not aware of anything that Craig Campbell has done wrong?
It’s a common theme here to attack our chairman when things don’t go our way, even when not entirely in our control.
Cue BPM........

have u been living under a rock for the past month, guy is an absolute piece.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Cue BPM........

Are you talking about the sibbald situation or just in general?

Are you talking about the sibbald situation or just in general?

In general. Sibbs chooses to go elsewhere at the managers discretion? What’s that to do with the new CEO ?
I have said on here that I have concerns re our strategy but we need to see where it goes before we complain so I’ll hold off.
Anything else like branding which should be a marketing issue to manage is just piffle to me...

Cue BPM........

It was just a joke bud, but he is a bit of a walloper.

The s

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

In general. Sibbs chooses to go elsewhere at the managers discretion? What’s that to do with the new CEO ?
I have said on here that I have concerns re our strategy but we need to see where it goes before we complain so I’ll hold off.
Anything else like branding which should be a marketing issue to manage is just piffle to me...

Threatening  the shuttle boys in a public forum  for using the club badge when the club  didn't even have rights to the club badge summed the clown up if you ask me.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Hartley has played a blinder here! Hope no one else has noticed this.

Meaning that Sibbs has never managed to be key to FFC achieving promotion (obviously), yet all those other sides, without the magic that Sibbald brought to the table, managed well enough.
Sibbs never was (and probably never will be) the cornerstone of any club’s success. That isn’t meant to demean his ability. It just puts a ceiling on what his ability is capable of influencing.
Talk of “building a team around him” was always a worry. He simply isn’t capable of being that player.