The Falkirk FC Thread

If we were that desperate for him to stay you simply invoke the option and move on. You don't get involved in discussions with him whether he wants to stay or not.  Thats the idea of an option it takes the decision out of the players hands.  He must've known that we would want to take up the option when it was entered into his contract so its not as if its suddenly sneaked up on him.  He's had months to get used to the fact that he would be here for another year at least . We're the ones pandering to the player now by letting him out of a contract he signed .

Shadwell or Shodwell, whoever you are at the moment. [emoji3]
What you haven’t addressed is whether it would have been in the clubs best interest to have an unhappy player at the forefront of our campaign for this season?
Personally I think Sibbs would have put in a shift, but there would still be something missing.
A bit like last season tbh.
Time to move on afresh.....

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Shadwell or Shodwell, whoever you are at the moment. emoji3.png
What you haven’t addressed is whether it would have been in the clubs best interest to have an unhappy player at the forefront of our campaign for this season?
Personally I think Sibbs would have put in a shift, but there would still be something missing.
A bit like last season tbh.
Time to move on afresh.....

Only time will tell . If we bring in a better replacement then this will all be forgotten in a couple of months. If however, we struggle due to a lack of creativity next season then heads should start to roll. I just feel that we shouldn't have been getting involved in discussions with sibbald over this.   We had an option. If we wanted him next season we invoke it. If we don't want him you say thanks very much Craig good luck.  No need for discussions as the option has been agreed and finalised in the contract signed the year before.  Is that not the whole idea of options? So one side is making all the decisions and its not a negotiation over this that and the other.  I'm sure if the option had been Sibbalds and noone else had wanted him he'd have been invoking it whether we wanted him or not and he certainly wouldnt have been allowing us to reduce his wages or just bin him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Only time will tell . If we bring in a better replacement then this will all be forgotten in a couple of months. If however, we struggle due to a lack of creativity next season then heads should start to roll.

I believe we about to embark on the riskiest strategy at the club for many a year. And I have my concerns.
But credit to those involved for believing in it and pushing forward regardless.
If it doesn’t work, heads will roll for certain...

Not sure if I should get season online or head over to club shop, £1 charge for getting new season ticket card sent out by ticketmister could sway the decision towards club shop :lol:

£1 added on at the shop too as it’s new cards getting sent out

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we were that desperate for him to stay you simply invoke the option and move on. You don't get involved in discussions with him whether he wants to stay or not.  Thats the idea of an option it takes the decision out of the players hands.  He must've known that we would want to take up the option when it was entered into his contract so its not as if its suddenly sneaked up on him.  He's had months to get used to the fact that he would be here for another year at least . We're the ones pandering to the player now by letting him out of a contract he signed .

Give it a rest Shadwell, eh?.

You've made your point - incessantly - over multiple posts and pages.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion and sparking a debate. However, when you're just repeating the same point ad infinitum I'd suggest it's time to move on. Particularly when the majority of posters appear to disagree with you.  You won't change their opinions so why keep it going?

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Give it a rest Shadwell, eh?.

You've made your point - incessantly - over multiple posts and pages.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion and sparking a debate. However, when you're just repeating the same point ad infinitum I'd suggest it's time to move on. Particularly when the majority of posters appear to disagree with you.  You won't change their opinions so why keep it going?

Its called a discussion.  People reply and I answer them with a reply.  If no one replies then I don't answer. Pretty straightforward stuff really.  If you want to discuss something else then by all means move the thread on to another topic.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

42 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don't see how forcing a guy to stay who doesn't want to is good for either party.

This is far too sensible

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Did anyone take a sort of pragmatic approach to Sibbald leaving of is it all either f**k Sibbs or f**k FFC?

Trying to save myself some time here

Stop being lazy, if I had to suffer it, so must you x

Shadwell is clearly an advocate of Stockholm syndrome, fair play.  Although you do realise you stated if the club didn't want him then cheerio, which is exactly what has happened? 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

This is far too sensible

Stop being lazy, if I had to suffer it, so must you x

Shadwell is clearly an advocate of Stockholm syndrome, fair play.  Although you do realise you stated if the club didn't want him then cheerio, which is exactly what has happened? 

If thats the case then so be it but all the statements released have said that we were desperate for him to stay. Do you know otherwise?

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only time will tell . If we bring in a better replacement then this will all be forgotten in a couple of months. If however, we struggle due to a lack of creativity next season then heads should start to roll. I just feel that we shouldn't have been getting involved in discussions with sibbald over this.   We had an option. If we wanted him next season we invoke it. If we don't want him you say thanks very much Craig good luck.  No need for discussions as the option has been agreed and finalised in the contract signed the year before.  Is that not the whole idea of options? So one side is making all the decisions and its not a negotiation over this that and the other.  I'm sure if the option had been Sibbalds and noone else had wanted him he'd have been invoking it whether we wanted him or not and he certainly wouldnt have been allowing us to reduce his wages or just bin him.

Which is exactly what happened. 

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we wanted him next season we invoke it. If we don't want him you say thanks very much Craig good luck. 

Hartley wanted him but only if he wanted to stay. He didn't want to stay so Hartley said cheerio. You are going round in circles. 

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We werent desperate tho, if you wanna stay great, if you dont go .......if you cant grasp that, then ok.....but you are on your own

We also have got a little cash for him after a crap season from him, a year on if he stayed and had similar season we wouldve got hee haw for him as he will be over 24

It also isnt that hard to grasp that Hartley wanted players that actually want to be at FFC, if you want to sign players that dont want to be there, well be prepared for a season similar to last seasons

Id bet you that Houston would've made Sibbs sign the contract but obviously Hartley doesnt wanna go down that route and hopefully the money generated goes into his pot

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only time will tell . If we bring in a better replacement then this will all be forgotten in a couple of months. 

Nope, I have forgotten already as he is now a Livvy player

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Which is exactly what happened. 

If we wanted him to stay you invoke the option you don't say okay do you want to stay or not? Thats the whole idea of an option .  It takes the decision out of the hands of one side otherwise there is no point in having it. If Hartley wasn't that bothered then fair play but the statements put out have made it look like we did everything to keep him including offering him more cash for some reason even though the financial side of the option had already been agreed.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we wanted him to stay you invoke the option you don't say okay do you want to stay or not? Thats the whole idea of an option .  It takes the decision out of the hands of one side otherwise there is no point in having it.

We wanted committed players, Sibbald obviously wasn't......time to move on