The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

it's not about who he has moved too it about were his head would have been

So your saying he would've been devastated to have missed out on  a move to the giants that are livi.   The boy needs to grow a pair if thats the case. As I said a couple of weeks later he'd have forgotten all about it.  Anyway he should simply have been informed that the club were taking up the option and that should have been that.  No discussions were in anyway required as he'd already agreed to the option being placed in his contract.  

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's Livi he's moved to not feckin Barca for christs sake.

An that's where his career has peaked so far.....which tells you exactly where he is at.

I'm pretty sure our starting 11 next season won't be playing for their next move to Livvy.....

I'll keep an eye out for his career like I do with most ex bairns I liked but I don't expect it to work out.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

An that's where his career has peaked so far.....which tells you exactly where he is at.

I'm pretty sure our starting 11 next season won't be playing for their next move to Livvy.....

I'll keep an eye out for his career like I do with most ex bairns I liked but I don't expect it to work out.

Its not so much the fact that he's irreplaceable or the greatest player its just the way the club have handled the whole thing from last close season onwards that to me has been amateurish and pretty shambolic to say the least. 

There's still weeks to go till the season starts he would've been back on track by then and as I said he couldnt afford not to perform next season or noone would've wanted him in a years time.   Whilst he's not irreplaceable he's not going to be easy to replace with the budget we ahve so we'll just need to hope that hartley has some real quality lined up to come in. 
It took him a bit longer than that last season. One thing is for certain, it is better sorted now than dragging out all summer again.

3 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:
9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
There's still weeks to go till the season starts he would've been back on track by then and as I said he couldnt afford not to perform next season or noone would've wanted him in a years time.   Whilst he's not irreplaceable he's not going to be easy to replace with the budget we ahve so we'll just need to hope that hartley has some real quality lined up to come in. 

It took him a bit longer than that last season. One thing is for certain, it is better sorted now than dragging out all summer again.

Aye because of all the fecking about with his contract. He didnt sign until the season had already started for fecks sake.  There was no need for it to drag out this close season . Club just had to say  Craig we're invoking the contract option thanks preseason training starts on the blah blah blah.  Situation is sorted and dealt with early and we move on.  He knows where he's playing this season and if he wants a move to a decent side he needs to knuckle down and perform and the club knows he's in the squad.  Why we were dicking about with negotiations and this and that if we were desperate to keep him god knows.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye because of all the fecking about with his contract. He didnt sign until the season had already started for fecks sake.  There was no need for it to drag out this season .  Craig we're invoking the contract option thanks preseason training starts on the blah blah blah.  Situation is sorted and dealt with early and we move on.  He knows where he's playing this season and if he wants a move to a decent side he needs to knuckle down and perform.

Did it not take longer last year because he was stalling looking for a move, as opposed to the club fucking about? Houston maybe had more patience than Hartley.

Just now, Rugster said:

Did it not take longer last year because he was stalling looking for a move, as opposed to the club fucking about? Houston maybe had more patience than Hartley.

true, houston was letting him train with us out of contract to keep his fitness up while looking for a move

Aye because of all the fecking about with his contract. He didnt sign until the season had already started for fecks sake.  There was no need for it to drag out this close season . Club just had to say  Craig we're invoking the contract option thanks preseason training starts on the blah blah blah.  Situation is sorted and dealt with early and we move on.  He knows where he's playing this season and if he wants a move to a decent side he needs to knuckle down and perform and the club knows he's in the squad.  Why we were dicking about with negotiations and this and that if we were desperate to keep him god knows.
The fecking about last season was all on sibbs to be honest. He could easily have signed earlier and avoided the mess but instead chose to tout himself elsewhere. We tried to do right by him then but I'm not surprised we have been a bit more cut throat about it this year.

He hasn't wanted to be with us for a while. A fair enough move for all parties.

I think lower Prem is probably his ceiling in all honesty, but we shall see.

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Aye but there was no option on his contract then and was it not getting the bloody option in his contract which meant it dragged on for so long? This year we should've been holding all the aces but he still seems to have moved on when we supposedly wanted him to stay and for what is a pretty paltry fee . Can't say that the club have come out of this well at all.

I like Sibbs, but its been like watching the Yogi debacle for the last couple of seasons. While not at the same levels of every interview promoting  himself for another league/club its been obvious he wants away.

Last close season was ridiculous, and at least this way we have time on our side, because for me it didn't seem his heart was in it on the pitch lately.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but there was no option on his contract then and was it not getting the bloody option in his contract which meant it dragged on for so long? This year we should've been holding all the aces but he still seems to have moved on when we supposedly wanted him to stay and for what is a pretty paltry fee . Can't say that the club have come out of this well at all.

I don't see how forcing a guy to stay who doesn't want to is good for either party.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its not so much the fact that he's irreplaceable or the greatest player its just the way the club have handled the whole thing from last close season onwards that to me has been amateurish and pretty shambolic to say the least. 

What could the club do better then ?

Obviously last season we were holding him on for £s and when no one would pay £s we could have put him out the game.

He has gone pronto this season, so I really don't know what the club could've done better as I don't want a player staying if he doesn't want to

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

What could the club do better then ?

Obviously last season we were holding him on for £s and when no one would pay £s we could have put him out the game.

He has gone pronto this season, so I really don't know what the club could've done better as I don't want a player staying if he doesn't want to

If we were that desperate for him to stay you simply invoke the option and move on. You don't get involved in discussions with him whether he wants to stay or not.  Thats the idea of an option it takes the decision out of the players hands.  He must've known that we would want to take up the option when it was entered into his contract so its not as if its suddenly sneaked up on him.  He's had months to get used to the fact that he would be here for another year at least . We're the ones pandering to the player now by letting him out of a contract he signed .