The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Some spectacular levels of seven stages of grief over a few pages. Rather entertaining. 

The suggestion of forcing him to stay because 'he will come round eventually' is akin to a stubborn spouse refusing to sign divorce papers. Laughable really and not healthy for both parties. 

Plus he stayed last year when he clearly wanted away and didn't really recover his best form. The club probably sees this as the best move for both parties. Won't know if I agree until we see the new signings.

Sibbald was my favourite player, lovely guy when I met him, and put in a lot of time for the club over these years. So I am obviously gutted to see him go. However if he didn't want to be here anymore it is all for the best that he leaves whether that's what I want or not. In my opinion I thought he would have left for a bigger club than Livingston which is my only gripe, even though it is a step up and he will finally get his chance to play at the top level in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Will Hartley get the nominal fee? Rumours also kicking around the nominal fee is nothing more than a sell on clause emoji15.png

That'll be zero then or maybe he will try at Livvy !!!

I don't get your previous comment re the club being naughty, offered Sibbald more money and he wants to go Livvy, I can't see any spin on that to keep fans on side or blame Sibbald.

43 minutes ago, southstand_bairn said:

lf it wasn't for those rules around development fees then i am pretty sure we would have lost him a lot earlier than we have. 

I personally dont agree with that when players whom I personally think are lesser players than Sibbald have gone and now when a token fee none of us know what the number is and no one other than Livvy are interested and with last seasons only Luton show interest kinda suggests where he is.

40 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We had an option on sibbald. If we were as desperate to keep him as the statement makes out then that shouldve been invoked and that shouldve been it. 

If you want to keep players that don't want to be there and have a manager who is soft and pampers to players, Ok

Sibbs didn't want to be here, Hartley didn't want players who didn't want to be here, not that hard to grasp.

I'd have been more gutted if it was McGhee tbh

27 minutes ago, MrDust said:

That'll be zero then or maybe he will try at Livvy !!!

I don't get your previous comment re the club being naughty, offered Sibbald more money and he wants to go Livvy, I can't see any spin on that to keep fans on side or blame Sibbald.

I personally dont agree with that when players whom I personally think are lesser players than Sibbald have gone and now when a token fee none of us know what the number is and no one other than Livvy are interested and with last seasons only Luton show interest kinda suggests where he is.

If you want to keep players that don't want to be there and have a manager who is soft and pampers to players, Ok

Sibbs didn't want to be here, Hartley didn't want players who didn't want to be here, not that hard to grasp.

I'd have been more gutted if it was McGhee tbh

Surely we should be putting  the club first and the players feelings secondary.  There's been loads of players ( Suarez, Mahrez, Coutinho etc) who wanted to move on and were told no and the vast majority go in the huff for a couple of weeks and then knuckle down , perform and finally get their move when it suits the club. Does anyone really think that Sibbald was going to sit on the bench or play deliberately pish just because we'd invoked the option he had agreed to previously?  A year of doing that and he'd have been lucky to end up at Albion Rovers next season never mind Livi.  I would have thought telling a player that he was sticking at the club when he was mumping and moaning about an option would prove that the manager is not being soft and pampering to players instead of saying aye alright on you go.

He's gone Bye Sibbs but in all honesty his head would have been all over the place if we had forced him to stay. His performance level would in all likely-hood have dropped much like it did last season. This is probably best for both sides

Surely we should be putting  the club first and the players feelings secondary.  There's been loads of players ( Suarez, Mahrez, Coutinho etc) who wanted to move on and were told no and the vast majority go in the huff for a couple of weeks and then knuckle down , perform and finally get their move when it suits the club. Does anyone really think that Sibbald was going to sit on the bench or play deliberately pish just because we'd invoked the option he had agreed to previously?  A year of doing that and he'd have been lucky to end up at Albion Rovers next season never mind Livi.  I would have thought telling a player that he was sticking at the club when he was mumping and moaning about an option would prove that the manager is not being soft and pampering to players instead of saying aye alright on you go.
That's all very well in a big squad. Hartley won't be able to have passengers for the beginning of the season and for every Suarez situation there are plenty of other players who do go in the cream puff and who clearly are affected form wise throughout the remainder of the season. Bottom line is Hartley has made a call and decided he'd rather get someone else in.

1 minute ago, Gus2 said:

He's gone Bye Sibbs but in all honesty his head would have been all over the place if we had forced him to stay. His performance level would in all likely-hood have dropped much like it did last season. This is probably best for both sides

It's Livi he's moved to not feckin Barca for christs sake.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

It's Livi he's moved to not feckin Barca for christs sake.

it's not about who he has moved too it about were his head would have been

1 minute ago, tubbybairn said:

That's all very well in a big squad. Hartley won't be able to have passengers for the beginning of the season and for every Suarez situation there are plenty of other players who do go in the cream puff and who clearly are affected form wise throughout the remainder of the season. Bottom line is Hartley has made a call and decided he'd rather get someone else in.

There's still weeks to go till the season starts he would've been back on track by then and as I said he couldnt afford not to perform next season or noone would've wanted him in a years time.   Whilst he's not irreplaceable he's not going to be easy to replace with the budget we ahve so we'll just need to hope that hartley has some real quality lined up to come in.