The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think there's a sliding scale depending on age, and that he'll be fairly low as he's in the final year when compensation can be claimed. No doubt one of the decent QOS posters will be on shortly to enlighten us both.

IMO you make too many assumptions and always err on the side of Corporal Fraser.

The longer hes at a club the higher the compensation due to the number of years he was there being the multiplier. It wouldve been different if he had moved internationally  but we were certainly due a whole lot more in training comp from livi as they are in the same jurisdiction.

17 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

All the Falkirk fans going on about how poor he is :D Was only a few months ago he was the best player in the Championship by a mile

He's certainly not a poor player - he's a very good footballer!

He has confidence issues though and is very quite and reserved. For example; I remember him taking a corner at Brechin this season, with the score at 0-0 and in the closing minutes of the match as the defender had booted the ball out of the park. Instead of screaming for a replacement he just stood meekly at the corner flag making the ball gesture with his hands. He has little pace either. He's managed to improve the 'dirty' side of his game in as much as he can mix it in the tackle and is a lot stronger than he used to be though.

The career of a footballer is a very short one, under 20 years at most for the majority, and I feel he'll be thinking that he needs to show what he can do in the top flight to earn a bigger move later on. I'm not sure that Livingston are the best fit for him though due to your style of play.

He's been a good servant to us over the years though and has given us some good moments so I wish him well for the future.

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We were told that comp for him was approx 250k. I wouldve thought about right considering how long he was at the club.  I still dont understand why we're as soft as shite . If we indeed did want him to stay then he shouldve been told that was happening.  Again he may have huffed a bit but if he wanted a decent future in football he wouldve realised he needed to get on with things and got his head down. He could then have done whatever he wanted next summer. If we dont play hardball we'll be stuck in this league for a long time yet.

250k was last season with his age...

Tho guess we would've took 100k or so tbh

A year on, its token fees

Hey lads, mind that time we got a fortune for mark stewart, what a laugh that was. Can we just go back to thinking about that for a while to get over some of this negativity.
Aye but mind that time we spunked money on John Stewart though.

30 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Nowhere near it or we'd have been in the top flight by now. Last two seasons have been very poor by his standards and again are why hes ended up with livi and not a much bigger club .

So Sibbald being poor for the past two seasons is the reason that Falkirk haven't achieved promotion,  nothing to do with the rest of the squad or former management?  Whichever way you look at it,  leaving the worst placed full time team in the Championship for a team promoted to the Premiership is without doubt a step up,  not only literally but career wise. 

9 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Hey lads, mind that time we got a fortune for mark stewart, what a laugh that was. Can we just go back to thinking about that for a while to get over some of this negativity.

reflect he was 22 when he left and is why we got a six figure fee and not in Sibbald's case who is 23.....

Funnier that Mark Stewart started off at Celtic, Partick and then us too

If the fee is 50k we have got for Sibbs, hopefully its paid in a short time limit knowing Livvy and finance.

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

So Sibbald being poor for the past two seasons is the reason that Falkirk haven't achieved promotion,  nothing to do with the rest of the squad or former management?  Whichever way you look at it,  leaving the worst placed full time team in the Championship for a team promoted to the Premiership is without doubt a step up,  not only literally but career wise. 

Ive seen sibbald at falkirk every year since he came into the team and at no point in any of those seasons has he been the best player in the division. If he had been especially the two seasons we came 2nd then we wouldve had more chance of going up certainly and we wouldnt have been flirting with relegation last season.  He wasnt though or he wouldve got his move long before now.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

reflect he was 22 when he left and is why we got a six figure fee and not in Sibbald's case who is 23.....

Funnier that Mark Stewart started off at Celtic, Partick and then us too

If the fee is 50k we have got for Sibbs, hopefully its paid in a short time limit knowing Livvy and finance.

So is the money we got due to the fact we took up the option then and if so basically we couldve set his transfer fee at whatever we wanted instead of  a paltry 50k surely.

At the end of the day, every single club that has been promoted from the second tier in the last decade has done so without Craig Sibbald.
Local guy, yes. Falkirk fan, more than likely. More skilful than the average championship player....undoubtedly.
So why has there been such a big doubt hanging over him for years now?
I think there’s three main reasons, and we know them well enough.
Pace......he has none. His good work has to be done with a few yards of where he receives the ball. He cannot cover distances.
Consistency (and this might be related to his third doubt). It’s not that he can be brilliant one game and poor the next. It’s that he can be brilliant one game, utterly “meh” for the next, and then invisible for the next. Not quite Longridge standards (who controversially, I reckoned had just as much skill to offer as Sibbs) but he was headed in that direction.
Finally.....I will call it heart. I have mentioned it before, but there were days when Sibbs looked as if he wished he was anywhere else other than on a football pitch. His commitment to the game never reached Andy Robertson or Kevin Keegan levels that’s for sure.
So he is going to Livingston with a better than evens chance of being relegated next season. Livingston actually make Hamilton look like a big club.
Of course, yet again it will depend if Livingston actually try to keep their financial dick in their pants, or as every time in the past, they find somebody to fleece (be it lottery winners or HMRC).
In terms of earnings and league status, it’s an upward move for him no doubt. In terms of football club choice, in the world of Scottish full time clubs, it’s far and away the bottom of the choice barrel.
Sibbs has very much made his own bed this time. Good luck to him.
To see how many clubs manage to comfortably finish above us in this league without Craig Sibbald, has me pretty much shrugging my shoulders. A very good but inconsistent second tier player who never developed further. Not the first, and definitely not the last.

22 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:
26 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Aye but mind that time we spunked money on John Stewart though.

That's less funny. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

So is the money we got due to the fact we took up the option then and if so basically we couldve set his transfer fee at whatever we wanted instead of  a paltry 50k surely.

His compensation value was worth more last year because of his age. 

The fee must either have something to do with a clause on the option or training compensation, sure the latter used to be worked out with years at club and his wage, 7yr at 5,6 or 700 a week kinda adds up.

I still can't believe he has joined Livvy, he must really have shit himself into thinking he might never see the top league to play in

Just now, MrDust said:

His compensation value was worth more last year because of his age. 

The fee must either have something to do with a clause on the option or training compensation, sure the latter used to be worked out with years at club and his wage, 7yr at 5,6 or 700 a week kinda adds up.

I still can't believe he has joined Livvy, he must really have shit himself into thinking he might never see the top league to play in

BSLM obv told him how much better it was playing at Livi. 

I don't really get why Falkirk fans are annoyed. Other than the top clubs in world football every club at some point has to give their best player to a bigger club.

You can have Rory Loy and Alex Harris for an undisclosed fee aswell if you want. 

2 hours ago, AMC13 said:

I don't really get why Falkirk fans are annoyed. Other than the top clubs in world football every club at some point has to give their best player to a bigger club.

Hes not our best player though. Why are livi fans having trouble understanding this. Jordan McGhee was our best player last season. 

I'm not sure what I'd prefer, the Falkirk fans having absolute head's gones all over the place or doing what they are now and blubbering "it's okay...it's fine...not bothered..."

Okay, the latter is definitely much, much better.

Glorious stuff.

Last memorable thing he did in a Falkirk shirt was absolutely lose the plot and get sent off at East End.