The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So are you on standby or whit??

Not as such, no. You can't be on standby when you're not paid.  I don't sit around waiting for the phone to ring.

The club try to give me as much notice as possible if they expect something to happen. Normally I know a day or two in advance, and occasionally, if an agent has said a player will sign when he returns from holiday, there's been times when I've known a week before.

As a general rule, these things happen pretty quickly. A recent signing was released from his parent club on the Wednesday and we signed him on the Thursday evening. That's fairly standard timing.

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not as such, no. You can't be on standby when you're not paid.  I don't sit around waiting for the phone to ring.

The club try to give me as much notice as possible if they expect something to happen. Normally I know a day or two in advance, and occasionally, if an agent has said a player will sign when he returns from holiday, there's been times when I've known a week before.

As a general rule, these things happen pretty quickly. A recent signing was released from his parent club on the Wednesday and we signed him on the Thursday evening. That's fairly standard timing.

Let me reword my question. Are you required at the stadium in the next 24-48 hours that you know of? :P

29 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

The deadline was only about two  weeks ago and Sibbs as been on holiday. Hartley has stated in the Herald this week that he is waiting for a few that have been on holiday so it's not beyond the realms IMO. Perhaps the guys who had holidays booked were given a bit longer?

I'd have thought his agent would be handling all the negotiations anyway.  Should be a matter of a straight forward yes or no whether he's on holiday or not.

12 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

So in summary, so far in this 10 days of excitement that was suggested, we have signed a contract extension with our development keeper, changed our ticketing system to ticketmaster, and confirmed it was indeed a printing error that suggested a 5% credit card charge. All the while the fans have debated whether or  not Sibbald will be here or wants to be here and one guy is talking to himself. 

What a time to be a Bairn. 

Hearing rumours that We Are Falkirk.

28 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anyone seen the club website today - would be accurate to assume the exciting news is a new site????

Heard on the grapevine the new site is going to include a "top ten tatts" section including a fan vote. Sadly also heard that the community initiative to get people of all ages to come together and build a trebuchet capable of launching Alex Harris all the way to the East End Park boardroom has been cancelled following complaint (s)

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Hearing we are looking to recruit a target man type striker but no names as of yet. Good that the Don is looking to mix up his attacking options, think we lacked that once Miller left as an alternative if it isn’t going well with Plan A.

bring back Mark Beck

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Let me reword my question. Are you required at the stadium in the next 24-48 hours that you know of? :P

I think answering one question a month on P&B is fair, so I'll give you a totally honest answer.

Yes.

I've to cover the "Meet The Manager" event tomorrow night.

Good question Rugster.

:P