The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

Meh, to be honest not our player anymore, not bothered. Next. 

As I said probably happening at a lot of clubs. Just a shame considering the type of player he was that he couldn't be there and yet the likes of Alex Harris was.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As I said probably happening at a lot of clubs. Just a shame considering the type of player he was that he couldn't be there and yet the likes of Alex Harris was.

Aye I get that, especially in that context. Done now though, onwards and upwards for us now hopefully. 

A very good one. Look i'm not going to make up dodgy rumours about players I really like for no reason.  He wisnae happy and therefore didn't make an appearance on Saturday.  A shame that the fans couldnt thank him for his hard work and commitment and vice versa but thats fitba for you.
Bairnardos changed his tune very quickly from dinnae mention it to fake news suddenly.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

17 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Just had one of my trusted inside sources inform me that Shodwall is talking pish.

Big if true.

I'm no and have no reason too. Neither does the person that told me.  Its n o exactly a major thing. Its just a shame we couldnt say farewell to a well liked player who I'm sure would've been there under different circumstances.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Heard Tommy Taiwo didnt turn up on Saturday after having been told he was getting released.

Taiwo was told not to turn up on Saturday as he wasn't in the squad. Hartley should have given him one last game IMO.

Taiwo was told not to turn up on Saturday as he wasn't in the squad. Hartley should have given him one last game IMO.

Mr Hartley does appear to have a ruthless streak, which is fine.

As long as he understands that our support are equally ruthless when things go wrong. He doesn’t even have the fallback of a playoff spot as deemed acceptable anymore.

Here’s hoping that what looks like a significant risk of bringing in lots of unknowns works out well...

My concern is that's now apparently 5 players Hartley's fallen out with. Surely players aren't going to be keen to come here if the manager's going to fall out with them and get rid after a few months.

Edited by EdiBairn

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still a bit disappointing that he took the cream puff instead of thanking the fans but thats footballers for you.

If all the players who knew they were being released had turned up - and Taiwo didn't - then you would be justified in saying he took the "cream puff".

As most were absent, bar those who were needed to play, then your claim is questionable. He's not behaving any differently from his colleagues.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If all the players who knew they were being released had turned up - and Taiwo didn't - then you would be justified in saying he took the "cream puff".

As most were absent, bar those who were needed to play, then your claim is questionable. He's not behaving any differently from his colleagues.

I never said that I presumed he was in the cream puff simply because he didnt come on Saturday.  I said he didnt turn up on Saturday because he ahd made it clear he was in the cream puff.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I never said that I presumed he was in the cream puff simply because he didnt come on Saturday.  I said he didnt turn up on Saturday because he ahd made it clear he was in the cream puff.

Wrong- it was Hartley who personally made it clear to him he wasn't to turn up at the stadium

Hartley’s man management skills are worryingly bad. Many players who have played under him at either Alloa, Dundee and now us don’t speak highly of him.
I’m all for clearing dead wood but there has to be an amicable way of doing so. Probably why we’re going down the route of signing unknowns from England because they won’t have worked under him before [emoji23]

Hartley’s man management skills are worryingly bad. Many players who have played under him at either Alloa, Dundee and now us don’t speak highly of him.
I’m all for clearing dead wood but there has to be an amicable way of doing so. Probably why we’re going down the route of signing unknowns from England because they won’t have worked under him before [emoji23]
Which players from Alloa/Dundee speak ill of him? Not having a dig I genuinely dont know.

Afaik since coming to us he has only had issues with guys he very obviously wanted to empty. I think you could say there was an issue with the atmosphere pre January cull. Can you really say it now though? Soon almost everyone in our squad will be there because Hartley wants and values them. Those he signs in summer will be told what is expected of them.

On that basis, I dont personally foresee an issue, except where someone decides to become a shiftless shitebag like too many did whilst chasing Houston or failing to buy into Hartleys plan.

Which players from Alloa/Dundee speak ill of him? Not having a dig I genuinely dont know.

Afaik since coming to us he has only had issues with guys he very obviously wanted to empty. I think you could say there was an issue with the atmosphere pre January cull. Can you really say it now though? Soon almost everyone in our squad will be there because Hartley wants and values them. Those he signs in summer will be told what is expected of them.

On that basis, I dont personally foresee an issue, except where someone decides to become a shiftless shitebag like too many did whilst chasing Houston or failing to buy into Hartleys plan.

Some guys I know who support Alloa had mentioned some players weren’t happy but never mentioned names. Also Hartley chose to scrap their youth team to fund the first team, not saying he done that here as he stated it wasn’t his idea.

At the Gala awards, Loy had said he had no problem at all with Hartley at Dundee or here when he came in and had no bad words to say about him, however now Hartley won’t even speak to him when he asks what he needs to do to get back in with the first team.