The Falkirk FC Thread

There's obviously some personal/health issue in Loy's life that's unfortunately prevented him contributing this season. It's certainly not a matter of him "downing tools".

I have heard him and Hartley don't speak at all so I think it's safe to say he'll be leaving the club in the summer.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dunno if I'd celebrate a cup final where my team bottled it against 10 men but there you go

Ah Poet, you young scamp....I know you're at the wind up, but at least you were correct in appreciating that it was, indeed, a cup final.  Not that you'd likely remember what that experience is about, eh?  

4 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Ah Poet, you young scamp....I know you're at the wind up, but at least you were correct in appreciating that it was, indeed, a cup final.  Not that you'd likely remember what that experience is about, eh?  

I've been to three in my relatively short time on this earth and I'm sure Poet is slightly older than me. 

Can't say I celebrate losing any of them either tbf, maybe we just have different expectations? 

9 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Gonna be a long pre-season if one day after the season finishes the threads talking about the cup final from 2015 we threw away.

Just giving a quick thanks & goodbye to PG, Gav...Just a wee acknowledgement of his efforts. Will happily post a picture of Pea-heart Harris' most memorable contribution when he also leaves the club...oh wait...

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've been to three in my relatively short time on this earth and I'm sure Poet is slightly older than me. 

Can't say I celebrate losing any of them either tbf, maybe we just have different expectations? 

Crikey, there's another one awake... How in the world you would read any of this as 'celebrating losing' that game will be known only unto you and your gods. Maybe we just have a different grasp of written language.  

Dunfermline fans are of course welcome to continue hanging about in the Falkirk thread. Nothing has changed. No one is expecting you guys to forget about us just because you are in the playoffs.

Carry on

Dunfermline fans are of course welcome to continue hanging about in the Falkirk thread. Nothing has changed. No one is expecting you guys to forget about us just because you are in the playoffs.

Carry on

They don’t care about us. All about the Wee Fife team.

Will Sibbs defintely be with us next season? Could swear I drove past him in Motherwell yesterday. Of course given that it’s season’s end there’s many reasons he could be down this way though...
I seen a rather sexy Merc with a plate that was something like C8 SIBBS in larbert the other day. Not sure if it was him but what I do know is that he was almost certianly in the area buying a new house prior to signing a new 4 year deal.

I seen a rather sexy Merc with a plate that was something like C8 SIBBS in larbert the other day. Not sure if it was him but what I do know is that he was almost certianly in the area buying a new house prior to signing a new 4 year deal.

Personally, I just think that any player that we choose to keep should be automatically confined to the Falkirk/Grangemouth area and should not be allowed to stray beyond the borders to avoid worrying us (me) unnecessarily....

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Carry on

It will be GTF day before we know it so it will be nice for us to all spend some time together until then. 

One of your least favourite ex players (a very Rangersy Canadian) has been very effective recently, mixing stunning goals with general scumbag behaviour at will (flashing the "send him off"gesture at the ref on Saturday against Dumbarton).

It will be GTF day before we know it so it will be nice for us to all spend some time together until then. 
One of your least favourite ex players (a very Rangersy Canadian) has been very effective recently, mixing stunning goals with general scumbag behaviour at will (flashing the "send him off"gesture at the ref on Saturday against Dumbarton).
I dont want to pick who I want to win most between you or the DABs, but you are forcing me.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I dont want to pick who I want to win most between you or the DABs, but you are forcing me.

Unless we stick 7 past them you lot will still hold the prize for the greatest DAB humiliation in living memory. Even if it did involve Falkirk winning that was a highlight of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Has there been a glue factory in fife had a massive overspill ?

PS I'm looking forward to watching Livi v the worst utd side for 40 odd yr

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Has there been a glue factory in fife had a massive overspill ?

PS I'm looking forward to watching Livi v the worst utd side for 40 odd yr

Painkillers rather than glue. We just can't beat United. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Will Sibbs defintely be with us next season? Could swear I drove past him in Motherwell yesterday. Of course given that it’s season’s end there’s many reasons he could be down this way though...

I don't think I'm giving away any secrets by saying that he'll be there. I spoke briefly to him after the game on Saturday and his parting words were "see you next season". I think you can safely assume that anyone we have options on will be returning, as none of those players were on the released list yesterday.

I suspect that we want everyone else who's out of contract and wasn't on that list, but they may choose  go elsewhere, as Bairdy did last summer. Time will tell.

Does anyone else think McKee is not as bad as some on here portray him? He gets a bit of stick sometimes but I'd keep him.

My biggest concern is not his ability. It’s his contribution.
I rarely feel that he gets that involved which is a problem for a player in the middle of the park.