The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I think Paul Watson is actually a decent player when playing along side someone who compliments him. Him and Grant were outstanding when we finished runners up to Rangers before Grant got his injury. Unfortunately, both haven’t hit the same heights since. In the last few games you can see that partnership starting to come back but it’s all wasted now.
Probably a right time for a change.

Maybe more that Grant was exceptional that season

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

Hard to forget him not pulling down the man on the half way line for their equaliser though. emoji20.png

Yeah, as has now been noted it was McCracken, GMB, not Grant.  I know we're still trying to blank out the winning goal, but please don't mix up a wee thank you to big Peter!!  A real tragedy he's never been the same since that injury, otherwise IMO would have gone on to be Bairns captain, stalwart, legend... All the best big fella.  

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

Yeah, as has now been noted it was McCracken, GMB, not Grant.  I know we're still trying to blank out the winning goal, but please don't mix up a wee thank you to big Peter!!  A real tragedy he's never been the same since that injury, otherwise IMO would have gone on to be Bairns captain, stalwart, legend... All the best big fella.  

Cracks originally, but then he ran at Grant and leahy.

I would have been satisfied with any of the three of them doing it and he isn't to blame individually but that goal was fucking gutting. That will be my lasting memory of that day.

Just now, GMBairn said:

Cracks originally, but then he ran at Grant and leahy.

I would have been satisfied with any of the three of them doing it and he isn't to blame individually but that goal was fucking gutting. That will be my lasting memory of that day.

The biggest what if goal I've ever seen against us. What if one of the three had taken one for the team, what if McDonald had held it, what if he'd pushed it around the post, what if Vincent had slipped or scuffed the shot. 

10 men out on their feet in extra time. There for the taking.

Gutting is most definitely the word. 

Worst thing for me about that game was I'd went into the match with the guard up saying we had no chance but when big Grant scored and they were already down to 10 I thought, "we're actually going to do this!!" ...only for my heart to be savagely ripped out moments later. 

Never really had much time for either McCracken or McDonald after that day, both of whom I still resent with a petty bitterness that will never leave me. :bairn

Edited by bob_mcshug

2 hours ago, bob_mcshug said:

Worst thing for me about that game was I'd went into the match with the guard up saying we had no chance but when big Grant scored and they were already down to 10 I thought, "we're actually going to do this!!" ...only for my heart to be savagely ripped out moments later. 

Yup, that is exactly how the day went for me, and I guess so many others... "we're actually going to do it" just out my mouth when...well, you know the rest.   

Anyway, of all the goals we've scored that in context really meant something -  like McGrillen's in the '97 replay, or Sir Bob's in the Hibs playoff,  PG's is one of a handful that really, really got me moist and for that I again say - thanks for the memory,  big fella...

The biggest what if goal I've ever seen against us. What if one of the three had taken one for the team, what if McDonald had held it, what if he'd pushed it around the post, what if Vincent had slipped or scuffed the shot. 
10 men out on their feet in extra time. There for the taking.
Gutting is most definitely the word. 

Agree with this.
Only superseded by Neil Oliver’s disallowed goal in the 97 final.
Pictures showed it should have stood and Killie had taken their key forwards off too.
Still never got over that....

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Falkirk Football Club. Some bois.

The losers and winners difference from last season only St Mirren and Dunfermline in the black(and white I suppose). Ross County trade for St Mirren is a bad trade, Livi for Partick would make up the difference and add Ayr and Raith should see similar crowds if not a plus compared to this season for a few. An alarming dip for Utd and QOS, our dip had to be expected and it couldve been a lot worse

St Mirren +849

Dunfermline + 805

Dundee Utd -1079

QOS -404

Morton -376

Falkirk -356

Dumbarton -284

attendances.png

31 minutes ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Jordan Marshall has refused a new contract at QOS.Quality wee left back.

Agree. Unfortunately, the lad is hoping for a club in the north of England to come get him.

Not sure if it sounds odd but Im currently more excited over who we're releasing than who we might be signing.

I have a mighty hard on for the day Harris in particular gets launched, closely followed by Joe McKee then I guess Rory would be next on that list

It's mad how much Rory Loy has went down the shitter, not only as a player, but in Hartley's estimations. He was signed from you guys to be our main man. Struggled. Hemmings replaced him. Hartley loved him though. Trying to squeeze him on either the right or left wing to the detriment of the team.

Then he eventually fell from grace.

Now he's about to be punted from you lot after Hartley was barely putting him on the bench whilst in the midst of a relegation battle in the league below.

Waste of a talent.