The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Neil McCann is phoning Dundee fans to thank them for buying season tickets. Raith (who?) have their manager doing this too. Hartley is putting his life on the line actually going out to meet some of you lot. 

Hartley will reap the rewards of this. He wont have to pay for a single Patsy Kline whilst hes out with me anyway.

Is the Martell still on the go? #WATCHER

good statement, glad to see the club still wanting to push ahead with a  fan ownership scheme. no offence to the bairn for life scheme (at least the intention to help out the club was good)  but this is what supporters should be putting money into, if they can.

would have been good if Newport wasn't behind closed doors, would've been a nice wee trip away

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Neil McCann is phoning Dundee fans to thank them for buying season tickets. Raith (who?) have their manager doing this too. Hartley is putting his life on the line actually going out to meet some of you lot. 

Hartley will reap the rewards of this. He wont have to pay for a single Patsy Kline whilst hes out with me anyway.

I0000S8mv.XjFiVI.jpg

This time next year.. just needs to change the badge on his tshirt. 

Does Hartley like a drink? Seems a tremendous plan to essentially get jaiked under the guise of working.

Phenomenal statement of intent. We're back baby.  Hopefully Thistle  or Accies come down and the league is wide open for next season. Given the January recruitment I am confident that we can bring in a number of players good enough to get out of this shitheap of a league. 

Phenomenal statement of intent. We're back baby.  Hopefully Thistle  or Accies come down and the league is wide open for next season. Given the January recruitment I am confident that we can bring in a number of players good enough to get out of this shitheap of a league. 
When you consider the way Houston often hid behind budget to an extent, its good for the club to simply come straight out and say we are going to throw money at this. Houston seemed like he had to shame the board into backing him. Hartley has been handed it. Great to see them addressing stuff that folk talk about. Safe standing, fan ownership etc. Great to see this level of engagement.

CC answered me rapidly when I chinned him about Old Firm colts too. I suspect he appreciates the fact that he should be answerable to the fans.

58 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Eta: dunno why you are quoted here ilostmyself soz.

I take it you never clicked on the link to put it in context? 

Screenshot_20180418-161501_Drive.thumb.jpg.0d5cd34e665745d48df2373723c0ba5f.jpg

No, I did. Last time I checked, mid-December was not autumn. He didn't start well and that quickly ended any hopes of climbing the table.

Hartley has clearly done a good job and I'd be encouraged if I was a Falkirk fan that he'll mount a serious title challenge next season. Although, that should be the minimum expectation for Falkirk every season.

No way is Reghan Tumilty getting allowed to be passed off as a bad signing. Had plenty of decent games when the side was playing well, and also weighed in with 2 or 3 goals.

Is he of the quality we need next season, probably not jence why he doesnt make many peoples keep list, but lest we forget what a problem area the right hand side was prior to him signing.

Its a thank you and goodbye likely for him, but no way can he be considered a poor signing.

He is ok, but not the sort you want imo if you want to win this league

Well that was quite a statement.
Clearly time to shit or get off the pot.
Reading between the lines the targets have been identified and costed, good stuff.
Only very minor niggle is involving the theiving b*****ds of Ticketmaster in ST sales.

Very pleased with this statement and one that was needed after the season we have. In regards to players staying or leaving I’m not too fussed however I would like to see the following moved on:

Robson
Tumilty
Kidd
Loy
Harris
Welsh

As for the rest, I’m happy for Hartley to decide their fate.

11 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Very pleased with this statement and one that was needed after the season we have. In regards to players staying or leaving I’m not too fussed however I would like to see the following moved on:

Robson
Tumilty
Kidd
Loy
Harris
Welsh

As for the rest, I’m happy for Hartley to decide their fate.

Id be disappointed if robson was moved on. Thought he showed decent promise and can only get better when the centrehalfs are hopefully replaced by a couple that can actually play football.  At worst he would be a decent backup and save us having to sign another 2 left backs.

Id be disappointed if robson was moved on. Thought he showed decent promise and can only get better when the centrehalfs are hopefully replaced by a couple that can actually play football.  At worst he would be a decent backup and save us having to sign another 2 left backs.

I agree he would be good enough for a backup. I just feel he’s only had one good game against Dundee United , same as Tumilty, and dropped drastically.

The fact that we have an option on Robson makes him a must keep IMO. He showed in various games that he is, at very least, very capable of stopping the crosses coming in from his side. He also showed decent attacking ability. The only way I would consider not keeping him is if we intend going back to a back 4, but even then, we need backup, which he would be good for.

Plus, he fucking hates the fifers.

Just now, CC52 FFC said:

I agree he would be good enough for a backup. I just feel he’s only had one good game against Dundee United , same as Tumilty, and dropped drastically.

He was fucking outstanding away at Cappielow

He was fucking outstanding away at Cappielow

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh or he’s possibly set high standards and is just not been up to scratch the last month or so. He started superb with us as you say. He’s probably the least of the worries though, considering we need a goal scorer.

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh or he’s possibly set high standards and is just not been up to scratch the last month or so. He started superb with us as you say. He’s probably the least of the worries though, considering we need a goal scorer.

I think with a better defence alongside him he'll be a far better player. No surprise to me that he seemed to curb his attacking instincts the more we struggled.  To attack in the way he did you have to have confidence in the guys playing centreback.

With the expected cut in squad size in favour of quality, I really hope Hartley has a good eye for weeding out injury prone players. Don't want us signing too many players like Welsh if we are to be relying on them to play a large percentage of the games next season. On this basis I also feel Taiwo's time is probably now up.