The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/chief-executive-update-april-2018/

"we have signed off and agreed the single largest first team playing budget seen at this club whilst in the Championship."

No season ticket increases either and we've applied to the reserve league

Good info and communication from CC

Edited by falkirkzombie

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/chief-executive-update-april-2018/
"we have signed off and agreed the single largest first team playing budget seen at this club whilst in the Championship."
No season ticket increases either and we've applied to the reserve league

I wholeheartedly approve of this statement.

Saying all of the right things and showing a bit of proactivity too.

I'm still very surprised we are joining the reserve league as its bound to cost us a few bob with travel squad size, travel etc.   Also had been intimated to me that we wouldnt be but can only be a good thing.  Bit of a bummer that the trip to wales only seems to include a closed door friendly or it couldve been a good jaunt.

Must be a decent budget if its bigger than the one that included Bobs 3k a week.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Great statement of intent from the club, Craig Campbell has been great at communicating with the fans since coming in imo. 

Cant wait for a wee venom in Warehouse with Don Paul.
Red rocket in the Maniqui or karaoke in the Tolbooth when its my shot to pick.

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Great statement of intent from the club, Craig Campbell has been great at communicating with the fans since coming in imo. 

A completely informal two step on the dancefloor, with a venom in hand discussing transfers/plans over hardstyle music .

That sounds like something that's right up my street..

That's a good statement from Falkirk actually. Quite similar to the updates given by Ross McArthur at Dunfermline. Let's the supporters know what's happening in one handy place.

Increasing the budget without increasing the ST price means they must be counting on a large uptake. There seems to be plenty of backing for Hartley from the fans though so can see this working out. 

Think it's a bit of a stretch to say there's been a "remarkable turnaround" when the club is sitting in the exact same league position it was in when Hartley took over though.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Red rocket in the Maniqui or karaoke in the Tolbooth when its my shot to pick.

9 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

A completely informal two step on the dancefloor, with a venom in hand discussing transfers/plans over hardstyle music .

All of these options can be done in one weekend with our largest "playing" budget ever x

44 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Just saw the best part, Hartley will be visiting the fans in the pubs/clubs of Falkirk

Eta: dunno why you are quoted here ilostmyself soz.

28 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That's a good statement from Falkirk actually. Quite similar to the updates given by Ross McArthur at Dunfermline. Let's the supporters know what's happening in one handy place.

Increasing the budget without increasing the ST price means they must be counting on a large uptake. There seems to be plenty of backing for Hartley from the fans though so can see this working out. 

Think it's a bit of a stretch to say there's been a "remarkable turnaround" when the club is sitting in the exact same league position it was in when Hartley took over though.

I take it you never clicked on the link to put it in context? 

Screenshot_20180418-161501_Drive.thumb.jpg.0d5cd34e665745d48df2373723c0ba5f.jpg

Edited by Believe The Hype

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Eta: dunno why you are quoted here ilostmyself soz

You can quote me whenever you want, no apologies necessary.

The statement is decent and definitely shows the intent from the board, we've all been saying for a while that we'll judge Hartley on next season and it appears that the board are doing their bit to make it a success. After that it all comes down how good our new recruitment team is and if Hartley can get the best out of the new players. Definitely an exciting summer ahead.

27 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

All of these options can be done in one weekend with our largest "playing" budget ever x

Neil McCann is phoning Dundee fans to thank them for buying season tickets. Raith (who?) have their manager doing this too. Hartley is putting his life on the line actually going out to meet some of you lot. 

A couple pints of tennents and a bag of ready salted (bag split open obviously) playing pool in the Tam Bain. General chit chatting about how good we think each team will be next season.

Neil McCann is phoning Dundee fans to thank them for buying season tickets. Raith (who?) have their manager doing this too. Hartley is putting his life on the line actually going out to meet some of you lot. 
Hartley will reap the rewards of this. He wont have to pay for a single Patsy Kline whilst hes out with me anyway.