McGhee
Grant
Robson

taiwo
McKee
Sibbald

longridge

Nelson

id bring jakubiak on early second half hell be handy to change emphasis in the game which i think well need by that point
I quite like this but would be tempted to fire Kidd in instead of McKee. Kidd has been involved in a lot that we have done well and will be more effective in trying to get a foothold in midfield than McKee as he will put it about a wee bit.

I quite like this but would be tempted to fire Kidd in instead of McKee. Kidd has been involved in a lot that we have done well and will be more effective in trying to get a foothold in midfield than McKee as he will put it about a wee bit.
as you know I'm not a fan of kidd although believe he's a better midfielder than right back. he's too slow and poor in the air for set pieces especially away at ibrox. I think McKee is quicker and taller and carries a better shot and goal threat from distance which we might need. Hartley played McKee on Saturday and kidd didn't even get on as a sub. different game this right enough tactically. the great thing is we have nothing to lose so if we are 1 or 2 down we can throw the sink at them second half should be exciting

as you know I'm not a fan of kidd although believe he's a better midfielder than right back. he's too slow and poor in the air for set pieces especially away at ibrox. I think McKee is quicker and taller and carries a better shot and goal threat from distance which we might need. Hartley played McKee on Saturday and kidd didn't even get on as a sub. different game this right enough tactically. the great thing is we have nothing to lose so if we are 1 or 2 down we can throw the sink at them second half should be exciting
I do think Kidds composure on the ball and eye for wee short passes in and around the box is a wee tad underrated even by myself as I am suggesting he goes in there primarily as someone who will tackle. He can finish too though.

Where I do agree with you is that McKee is the midfielder most likely to pull something out from 25 yards in a game where we might create the sum total of f**k all chances for the strikers. He certainly owes us a performance with Hartley allowing him in from the cold after the shambolic way he downed tools earlier in the season.

Its really all about big performances from everyone and being greater than the sum of our parts tbh. In someways its what the cup is all about but a serious hounding is certianly where the smart money goes.

Hartley needs to be drilling concentration and discipline into the defence, and we need Robson, Tumilty and Taiwo to absolutely bust a gut all game. Everyone does, but those three especially need to work so hard to make the setup effective.

Sibbald, Jak, Longridge though... All capable of that one wee moment of quality that we can all hope for.

We have to be careful out wide I think. I watched them smash Hamilton who play three at the back and they really exploited the gaps in behind the wing backs so if we can prevent that then we have a chance.

They are almost as bad defensively as we are so we can score and they certainly won't sit it like Dumbarton or Brechin.

Hoping we score from some sort of dodgy decision during the game at some point, just so I can look around and witness some fat seething unionist mess about to explode with anger.
Unfortunately, we need to hope for extremely competent refereeing. Any dodginess will certainly not be in our favour.

I'd say McKee should feature purely for his dead ball skills, because in  game like this set pieces may be our only threat on goal. Needs to pull a performance out of the bag otherwise id gladly never see him again this season. Would rather have jak than nelson upfront however i would be more confident of jak coming off the bench to get a goal than the other way around.

Hazard

Muirhead  Grant    McGhee 

Tumilty    taiwo    sibbs   McKee       Robson 

Longridge 

Jak

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'd say McKee should feature purely for his dead ball skills, because in  game like this set pieces may be our only threat on goal. Needs to pull a performance out of the bag otherwise id gladly never see him again this season. Would rather have jak than nelson upfront however i would be more confident of jak coming off the bench to get a goal than the other way around.

Hazard

Muirhead  Grant    McGhee 

Tumilty    taiwo    sibbs   McKee       Robson 

Longridge 

Jak

Think we talked about this last week, i'd go Nelson first to run the legs off the Centre halfs and try to make the ball stick up front then Jak after 60 or 70 to give them some JakAttack madness to try and figure out. 

All of that assumes we're not 4 down by that time obviously. 

Will just need to wait and see what the don's thinking and approach is on Sunday. Need everyone on their best regardless which is stating the obvious. Sibbs won't have a better opportunity to show what he can do. Unless of course we progress, before any smart c**t makes that comment.

Am prepared to be shot down for this, but wondered if shifting McGhee into MF would help, to give us some extra physical presence & solid tackling alongside TT.  McGhee is mobile, and comfy on the ball, and can at least put a bit of weight into a tackle.  Think the likes of Kidd & Blair are just too slight for this particular battle.  The problem of course is hoping Grant could somehow re-discover his inspirational best form and slot back in at CH...  

Am prepared to be shot down for this, but wondered if shifting McGhee into MF would help, to give us some extra physical presence & solid tackling alongside TT.  McGhee is mobile, and comfy on the ball, and can at least put a bit of weight into a tackle.  Think the likes of Kidd & Blair are just too slight for this particular battle.  The problem of course is hoping Grant could somehow re-discover his inspirational best form and slot back in at CH...  

had the same thought myself when putting together a starting 11

Rangers dont have physicality in midfield. We dont need McGhees size in there, we just need someone willing to hound them.

Hazard

Tumilty 

Muirhead 

Grant 

McGhee

Robsob

Taiwo

Sibbs

McKee

Nelson

Longridge 

We need to be able to keep possession of the ball while pressing them high up the park. We need to be at our best, they need to be at their worst, and we need a huge slice of luck. 

Unfortunately I think we should just need to look at this as an extra bit of cash. I'm assuming this makes us more than we got for selling Gallacher? Just shows that putting more funds into the first team instead of the vanity project academy is financially prudent long term.