The Falkirk FC Thread

I seem to remember that Houston allowed the players to eat whatever they wanted directly after a game. 
I am finding it hard to believe that people dont think a professional footballer can get away with eating some junk food after a game.

Genuinely wouldnt bat an eyelid if I seen half our first team gassed in Kings tonight ordering kebabs.

Do some people expect these laddies to live like monks?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I am finding it hard to believe that people dont think a professional footballer can get away with eating some junk food after a game.

Genuinely wouldnt bat an eyelid if I seen half our first team gassed in Kings tonight ordering kebabs.

Do some people expect these laddies to live like monks?

To clarify, I didn't think it was a negative thing, was more saying there is a precedent for it and i'd be surprised if we were the only club with that policy. I can see it being a nice little bonus as well, get through the game and you get to enjoy whatever meal you want afterwards as a treat. My contention is more with classifying McDonalds as food and not edible plastic.

The most important thing today is that we don’t lose.

However, after today there a lot of games to be played by the teams around us before we host fourth place favourites Morton at TFS on 10th March. Winning today would keep our slim hopes of a play-off place alive and we should have a clearer picture of our chances going into that Morton match.

To clarify, I didn't think it was a negative thing, was more saying there is a precedent for it and i'd be surprised if we were the only club with that policy. I can see it being a nice little bonus as well, get through the game and you get to enjoy whatever meal you want afterwards as a treat. My contention is more with classifying McDonalds as food and not edible plastic.
Na I didnt mean you. The comments section on the McDonalds sponsorship link was shaping up to be all wet knickers about players eating junk. Its mental.

Guest Back Post Misses
Woah there. You seriously saying a MoM award in one game plus 2 goals marks him out as a decent contributor to the things that have gone well? I’m sorry, but his dire distribution and his (at times) woeful defending far outweighs the positives you have quoted.
He isn’t my scapegoat. He’s just a key component of why our defence is so ropey, not a key component of the reasons why we have started winning games.
Put the ball in the air to an attacker he’s close to, and yes, he’ll compete like a bear to win it. But just watch him repeatedly lose the plot in terms of where an attacker actually is, and bingo, we see Muirhead at his poorest (along with his passing to his own team mates obviously)....no-one can defend how bad he is in those respects.
Look, some people love a fire fighting defender who can dish out a few blood and snotters tackles when the opportunity arises. Muirhead will do that for us, and yes, grab the occasional  centre back’s goal.....most centre backs do.  It’s the other aspects of his game that for me, see him as a major liability. Now, maybe I just have to suck it up, because our club view him as about as good as it gets for the money we pay.
The one thing he isn’t is a scapegoat.

Has he nailed your misses of something?

On 2/22/2018 at 15:29, Bairnardo said:
On 2/22/2018 at 15:25, bridge of allan bairn said:
over a 1000 tickets sold for the rangers game now

Good show. I have reluctantly elected not to go. I will be seething if I am not part of the scenes if we beat the c***s. My living room will be pretty scenic though.

Me also.

On 24/02/2018 at 15:53, Bairnardo said:
On 24/02/2018 at 15:52, bridge of allan bairn said:
how can all these kids and coaches walk from the south to north stand at half time and the fans can't in games it's empty second half when we ate shooting that way? thought this was a safety issue?

They are going back where they came from

They are also on the pitch/blue border.

There's no way on earth they're letting a thousand punters stroll along the edge of the pitch. :lol:  I don't know what sort of nick the gravel part behind the ad boards is like though. They're probably petrified someone would trip, do their ankle, and sue the club.

The reality is there wouldn't be any trouble at all if fans were to walk from the front of the north stand round behind the advertising boards to the south stand for the second half. The whole operation could probably be overlooked by one steward. I don't know the cost of 'opening' the north stand but surely having our fans in there would be worth it for the kind of first half performance we got yesterday? 

Hope we go back to three at the back from now. The set up on Saturday showed we need the wing backs to provide ammo for the strikers

Well, to be fair we did have more than a few chances. Four off the woodwork and a number of good saves.
To some extent, it was just one of those days. We could have gone three at the back and ended up losing 1-0...

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Sevco must have improved exponentially in the last year or so. We’re definitely underdogs but 7/1 just to get a draw?

They're a lot better than they were last year. We're a lot worse than we were last year.