The Falkirk FC Thread

I heard yesterday it was £250,000 upfront. Great for the boy and the club.

I'll drive him to Liverpool myself.

Re: Mark Kerr, I really do cringe at the stuff posted on Facebook on the official page regarding the decision to release him. As I am sure everyone on here or anyone who actually goes to the games is aware... Kerr should of gone a season and a half ago. A terrific servant but his time was up.

Hartleys "lost the respect of the players" being the best so far...

Guest Back Post Misses

I'll drive him to Liverpool myself.

Re: Mark Kerr, I really do cringe at the stuff posted on Facebook on the official page regarding the decision to release him. As I am sure everyone on here or anyone who actually goes to the games is aware... Kerr should of gone a season and a half ago. A terrific servant but his time was up.

Hartleys "lost the respect of the players" being the best so far...

You will be right on Gallacher and all these Premiership clubs who have chased the lad for 3 years will be wrong of course.

Falkirk threw him in before he was ready last January to try and sell him. Then the subjected him to the clusterfuck that was the start of this season. Falkirk's handling of him has been terrible.

He has a lot to learn but I have no doubt at Liverpool he will be given the time to develop properly.

He may not make it to the top level time will tell but he will have a good career in the game. He has all the attributes to do that at least.

22 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jakubiak doesn't look suited to the lone striker role unfortunately.  He's quick but looks more like a channel runner than anything else. I'd like to see him and Nelson up top at some point.  Bit worryed about nelson. He's a hard worker but badly needs to find the net before his confidence goes.

My word has he even played a full 90 minutes yet? give the lad a chance.

You will be right on Gallacher and all these Premiership clubs who have chased the lad for 3 years will be wrong of course.

Falkirk threw him in before he was ready last January to try and sell him. Then the subjected him to the clusterfuck that was the start of this season. Falkirk's handling of him has been terrible.

He has a lot to learn but I have no doubt at Liverpool he will be given the time to develop properly.

He may not make it to the top level time will tell but he will have a good career in the game. He has all the attributes to do that at least.

He may have the talent but at this time I think we can't refuse this sort of cash.

Although I think if given the chance he would really blossom in the Hartley 3-5-2.

I guess we will see!

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

What attributes does he have, specifically? I've not seen anything that suggests he'll play in the top two tiers down South.

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

My word has he even played a full 90 minutes yet? give the lad a chance.

I'm not saying he's not very good I'm saying that watching the way he played on Tuesday he didn't look comfortable with the ball in to feet but looked more suited to running on to it. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

He looks not bad attacking wise but defensively he’s absolutely hopeless. Still young and has loads of room to improve, if we get 250k for him we should snatch it up.

Also seen on the COYB page that Dunnes away training with Blackburn, anyone know any better?

£200k according to Paul Joyce of the Times who is spot on with Liverpool news. I assume you'll have a sell on clause in there, as seems standard with all these deals nowadays.

Two wages out  and £200k in. Will we see further signings at Westfield.  Rumours of of the Young Celtic keeper coming on loan but we still need a another option up front and a ball winning midfielder.