The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

If it’s true that Loy has been suffering from depression as rumoured, then to shame his weight like this is vile. He should be applauded for even getting into a position to be selected for match day when many sufferers even struggle to get out of bed in the morning.

I don't think you can compare Rory Loy to the biggest percentage of people with depression, some struggle to put food on a table, other's that work twelve hour shifts for little reward. Rory at least has a very good salary to at least take that worry away. 

Also if you consider the photo of Rory Loy is him getting into a position to be selected it shows how bad we were. He should be given time to recover, However Depression can last a number of years, but I'm sure he is receiving the best medical advice from professionals qualified to help him. 

1 hour ago, wullie robb said:

I don't think you can compare Rory Loy to the biggest percentage of people with depression, some struggle to put food on a table, other's that work twelve hour shifts for little reward. Rory at least has a very good salary to at least take that worry away. 

Also if you consider the photo of Rory Loy is him getting into a position to be selected it shows how bad we were. He should be given time to recover, However Depression can last a number of years, but I'm sure he is receiving the best medical advice from professionals qualified to help him. 

Depression in men is not something to laugh about , If Rory does my sympathy goes out to him .

I’m not sure what the most bizarre segment of this post is, but the part where you implied that his salary disqualified him from suffering from a serious mental illness is a strong contender.

Absolutely this.
I suffer from depression and when it led to what was a full blown breakdown my career was flying, big salary, company BMW etc. Depression is not a rational thing and can go undetected by even those closest to the sufferer for a very long time.
I made a comment earlier about Loy going along to the Fit Fans group but I have been wondering since is the picture genuine or has a wee touch of Photoshop tweaking been done?

That photo doesn’t look good at all on the face of it but there’s not a chance in hell I’m putting the boot in. If even an once of the rumours are true about Loy’s mental health that’s enough for me, it’s absolutely fucking draining having to live with a mental illness, more so I’d imagine if you are in job scrutinised by thousands. I hope, if he is having problems, that things start to turn around for him.

9 minutes ago, Trump said:

Not really how depression works.

Not implying it does, Depression is probably one of the most soul destroying illnesses you can have and many factors contribute, in most  cases finances are the number one issue, other illnesses while having depression being another, I'm not slating Loy in the slightest, not one bit. 

10 hours ago, wullie robb said:

I can't believe I just read that utter pish. 

Sometimes it's better to say nothing and be considered a fool, as opposed to posting crap like this and confirming that you are a fool. 

Edited by P475

10 hours ago, wullie robb said:

You really have no fucking clue about mental health actually, do you ?

Thing is, it's just speculation loy has/had issues off the field. I'm not sure what benefit it is having loy around in this shape. Either the club support his problems and give him the time away he needs or he is just taking the piss and Hartley is forced to keep him in the fray.

None of us know whether he actually has a mental health issue or not or whether he's simply chucked it cause he's had a few issues in the hoose.  Essentially if its the former then he should be given as much time as possible to sort himself out  if you ask me and if its the latter someone should be giving him a boot up the arse.  Whatever it is he was fine until he got crocked first game of the season and its all gone pete tong since then.  We can only hope that getting fit and playing fitba may encourage him to get out the other side of whatever issues hes having.

4 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Not implying it does, Depression is probably one of the most soul destroying illnesses you can have and many factors contribute, in most  cases finances are the number one issue, other illnesses while having depression being another, I'm not slating Loy in the slightest, not one bit. 

This is a common misconception.  What you are talking about is reactive low mood.  When things are going shit you feel low.  Everyone has that - it is normal.  Depression is a mental illness which is unrelated to your circumstances.  "Pulling yourself together" and "getting on with it" will often work for the former but of no value for the latter.