The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No need to, there was sufficient evidence given at the hearing, however I'd love to hear the evidence regarding this.

"rumours"

Such as Falkirk fans peddling a rumour that he got the ban purely for just calling his dad a c**t?

"allegedly"

And there we go, it was such a poor, nothing statement that even your own fans didn't know it existed, it wasn't pushed through your OS, your twitter or Facebook, the three channels where the majority of your fans would at least have seen it.

I didn't expect Falkirk to come and post a statement tearing strips out of O'Hara. However a statement saying that what was done was done in the heat of the moment, was wrong and that O'Hara regrets it would've been good and hopefully at least tried to avert what's been happening since.

You only have to look back on this thread around the time of both hearings to see that the Falkirk fans on here having a go at Shiels for not just getting on with it. The clubs silence following both hearings definitely seemed to stoke the feelings of injustice amongst Falkirk fans.

Should just wind FFC up tbh. Or you can drop the holier than thou attitude and get stuffed.

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No need to, there was sufficient evidence given at the hearing, however I'd love to hear the evidence regarding this.

"rumours"

Such as Falkirk fans peddling a rumour that he got the ban purely for just calling his dad a c**t?

"allegedly"

And there we go, it was such a poor, nothing statement that even your own fans didn't know it existed, it wasn't pushed through your OS, your twitter or Facebook, the three channels where the majority of your fans would at least have seen it.

I didn't expect Falkirk to come and post a statement tearing strips out of O'Hara. However a statement saying that what was done was done in the heat of the moment, was wrong and that O'Hara regrets it would've been good and hopefully at least tried to avert what's been happening since.

You only have to look back on this thread around the time of both hearings to see that the Falkirk fans on here having a go at Shiels for not just getting on with it. The clubs silence following both hearings definitely seemed to stoke the feelings of injustice amongst Falkirk fans.

Yes allegedly as there was no evidence from anyone either than sheils himself  that McKee giving him and his faither abuse actually occurred.  McKee unfortunately got caught up in the whole outrage against O'Hara's comments.  McKee's case would never have seen the light of day otherwise as its the type of thing you hear week in week out at the fitba.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes allegedly as there was no evidence from anyone either than sheils himself  that McKee giving him and his faither abuse actually occurred.  McKee unfortunately got caught up in the whole outrage against O'Hara's comments.  McKee's case would never have seen the light of day otherwise as its the type of thing you hear week in week out at the fitba.

How do you know this? 

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I think it's important to have things striaght and stop folk peddling shite to further escalate this. (Not you, others.)

I think this post should definitely be upheld. 

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes allegedly

That's plenty.

Or is it ok to peddle shite if it makes Falkirk players look better? Just to avoid further confusion on the matter.

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Should just wind FFC up tbh. Or you can drop the holier than thou attitude and get stuffed.

Or your club could have tried dealing with the scumbag element of your support that's been evident for a while, that worked out well for them didn't it?

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Anyway, I see Longridge has been released by Hamilton so that he can 'conclude a contract elsewhere'.

Looks like you're either losing him or picking him up on a permanent deal. Oh lucky you.

As if by magic, he has now signed for Falkirk on a permanent contract until the end of the season.

I'm ok with that tbh. He clearly has his shortcomings (which is why we're able to sign him in our current predicament), but one of the main criticisms of the team this season is too many players not giving a f**k. At the very least we've got someone who'll put in a shift and it's only a 6 month deal.

I'm ok with that tbh. He clearly has his shortcomings (which is why we're able to sign him in our current predicament), but one of the main criticisms of the team this season is too many players not giving a f**k. At the very least we've got someone who'll put in a shift and it's only a 6 month deal.

I though he linked up well with Hippo against QoS.
Blows hot and cold.
If he can produce at bit more regularly we could yet have a decent player at this level.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

At least it wasn't a biased source.

If Longridge was playing on Tuesday then I don't think I noticed him.

He's the one who should have been sent off for lashing out at big Jock M'Voto, after the big man forced him to dribble the ball about 40 yards back to his own goal.