The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Agree with this.

The point I would make is that from now it’s not about what he has done re the ‘chancers’. He needs to develop man-management skills to take the new team forward longer-term.

Have you worked for him ?

Have you worked for him ?

We all know that everything on here is usually just opinions and based on what little evidence is available to substantiate our points.

Presumably you don’t believe there’s been an issue at play over the last couple of months? You tend to have more of an insight to what may or not be happening behind the scenes.

Can't believe there are people questioning what Hartley is doing. He is doing exactly what we need right now, there are too many stirring the pot and others not giving 100% for the club. 

I know one thing the 11 that started on Saturday were giving 100%. Would be very surprised to see Kerr and Miller anywhere near the squad again.

Can't believe there are people questioning what Hartley is doing. He is doing exactly what we need right now, there are too many stirring the pot and others not giving 100% for the club. 
I know one thing the 11 that started on Saturday were giving 100%. Would be very surprised to see Kerr and Miller anywhere near the squad again.

Amazing what a win in Saturday does to immediately wipe any concerns the weeks prior.

As I have said I DO continue to back Hartley but there are things that have been suggested by others that concern me. Much of it could be heresay.

At the end of the day all we all want is our club performing to the level it should be.

Let’s hope we can start the new year with a win over the fifers and that Hartley starts to show what he believes he is capable of delivering.

Guest Back Post Misses

We all know that everything on here is usually just opinions and based on what little evidence is available to substantiate our points.

Presumably you don’t believe there’s been an issue at play over the last couple of months? You tend to have more of an insight to what may or not be happening behind the scenes.

Just think it is change TBH. It is never going to be easy when you are clearing loads out and looking to bring loads in.

If the new faces work I believe it will settle down. If they don’t then he will be under huge pressure.

His style seems not to suite everyone, doesn’t make it right or wrong IMO. Results are everything from here.

44 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Amazing what a win in Saturday does to immediately wipe any concerns the weeks prior.

As I have said I DO continue to back Hartley but there are things that have been suggested by others that concern me. Much of it could be heresay.

At the end of the day all we all want is our club performing to the level it should be.

Let’s hope we can start the new year with a win over the fifers and that Hartley starts to show what he believes he is capable of delivering.

Obviously everyone has had concerns but it's been clear Hartley can't be properly judged until he weeds out the rubbish in the squad and puts his own stamp on things. What I did see on Saturday was a team full of commitment and effort. The difference was no Austin Miller or Kerr anywhere near the squad. 

Kerr was punted from Queens for being a bad influence with then manager Fowler and history seems to be repeating itself. 

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Obviously everyone has had concerns but it's been clear Hartley can't be properly judged until he weeds out the rubbish in the squad and puts his own stamp on things. What I did see on Saturday was a team full of commitment and effort. The difference was no Austin Miller or Kerr anywhere near the squad. 

Kerr was punted from Queens for being a bad influence with then manager Fowler and history seems to be repeating itself. 

To Hartleys credit, he didn’t steam in and make these changes. It would appear that he’s given Kerr and Miller time to adjust their attitude before dropping them. They both had games since he came in. That suggests he’s willing to work with a disruptive influence but won’t take any shite. 

If Kerr thinks he’s all that then he should go give management a try. 

22 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

That will do for a start! Still need a striker as the Geordie lad is a big risk and not a proven hit man. Kidds showing on Saturday gives hope for midfield. The boys never a full back

He could be a Maccam not a Geordie given he's from Sunderland

Thought about a few successes from the North East area - Paul Rutherford & Scott  Sloan come to mind - if he proves to as effective as them  I for one will be satisfied & note I didn't mention Carl Finnegan in that group of positive impact players ..........!!!!!