The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I heard a rumour that we finally won a game yesterday.

How’s that for a positive rumour around the club?

Good way to end a miserable latter 2017!

I was at the game but had to read the BBC report to confirm my suspicions. I'm still not sure that it happened therefore!

It's good to see you were easily able to gather all of this information from the official club website or twitter feed rather than from the individual players.

Aye man spoke to Kerso and Lee last night they said f**k Hartley we wanted McCall in.

Thought Tumilty was very good yesterday but seems to have been overlooked in most folks comments. Shame his loan deal will be up and we look like adding a different (unknown) RB.

Very pleased with approach to game and how we played considering the imbalance you’d get from the starting 11.

we need to get rid of Harris.

i reckon miller and Kerr Away and Loy will stay. Wouldn’t mind moving on too. They three should free up decent amount of budget alongside Gasparotto and Balatoni.

I was at the game but had to read the BBC report to confirm my suspicions. I'm still not sure that it happened therefore!

Aye just that, I was at the game too and was so shocked that we won I forgot to go into the shop to buy my ticket for EEP.

Does anyone know where I can get one now?[emoji7][emoji102][emoji782]

Harris is one of those laddies that's very good at football, it's just when an opposing team is added that the problems start cause he's fearter than Mr Feart from  Feartsville! Yet there was one occasion yesterday when he slid in to block a clearance and the contact was actually audible! :o

It's a shame really because he has the speed and guile to give defences problems but just can't seem to apply himself properly.

Harris done well in general at Queens. While he wasnt very brave and didn't like a battle he could get us up the pitch with lung bursting runs. He frequently got in advanced positions but more often than not his final product let him down. Has talent just needs the right environment to flourish. Alot of our players shone at their former clubs but with us are stinking so these things happen.

22 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

As much as I wasn’t pleased with the signing, I said I’d give him a chance, but seeing now, you were 100% right he’s fucking mince :lol:

I'd much rather have been completely wrong m8 with him ripping defences to shreds and me taking pelters.

Harris is one of those laddies that's very good at football, it's just when an opposing team is added that the problems start cause he's fearter than Mr Feart from  Feartsville! Yet there was one occasion yesterday when he slid in to block a clearance and the contact was actually audible! [emoji33]
It's a shame really because he has the speed and guile to give defences problems but just can't seem to apply himself properly.

Good summary of a typical " I could have been a contender" type. Will never be a success.

2 hours ago, football maniac said:

Harris done well in general at Queens. While he wasnt very brave and didn't like a battle he could get us up the pitch with lung bursting runs. He frequently got in advanced positions but more often than not his final product let him down. Has talent just needs the right environment to flourish. Alot of our players shone at their former clubs but with us are stinking so these things happen.

Harris did fine at Queens and we'd have taken him back at the time if he'd been available. He's a wee bit unlucky to have wound up at Falkirk when things were clearly going to pot and he's not the bravest as said. If you have to battle he's not one for the trenches with you (military analogy overload!). I do think if he'd been at Falkirk a year earlier he'd have done fine and might yet do so again in the right team.

Thing is Scottish Football across all leagues is fast and physical. Just look at some of the ‘duds’ at rangers. I’m sure Pena for example would do better in England where (IMO) generally players get more time on the ball to orient and pick a pass.

I am not saying there’s no pace down south btw. Just think the game has a different complexion where game management is a bigger factor and teams will more consciously absorb pressure tactically than they do up here.