The Falkirk FC Thread

Are the ***s going to pay us a fee for an assistant weve had for about 3 months who hasnt won a game yet? If so thats hilarious.

Id love to see Alex Smith come in as the replacement, or maybe even Lee Miller.

ITK telling me Miller and Kerr are out in January. Quite sad to see but  needed. 

On 12/29/17 at 08:40, ilostmyself said:

Sounds daft when you say it like that, but imagine you had the Stenhousemuir midfield behind them. Now you're talking

20 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember a little genius we had from Trinidad.

He could pass, read a game, drive forward with the ball. He never tackled and never tracked a player. He was constantly blowing out his arse after 20 minutes.

19 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I remember the swagger & confidence around our club when said little genius was strutting his stuff. 

It's been a steady decline since he left.

[Don't mention the Awfulview season......Don't mention the Awfulview seasonn.......]

Oh, shit.

[Don't mention the Awfulview season......Don't mention the Awfulview seasonn.......]
Oh, shit.
One of my worst seasons following the Bairns.

Had a season ticket for the terracing and lost count the amount of times I got an absolute drowning. We moved out and the c***s put a roof over it, probably financed by the rent we were paying them !!

39 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Id love to see Alex Smith come in as the replacement

That might be a good move.

Then at least one of your management team would seem to know what they're doing.

Might save you some money too.

Edited by FTOF

7 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Considering we're meant to be scouring the lower leagues in England for players, any chance of getting Fulton back at any affordable level for the club would be a great deal (can't see it happening though). 

Football is a team game, I'm pretty sure you could go through the top leagues in Europe and come up with loads of quality players who haven't even won a trophy, does that mean they're not good enough for us? 

Someone could be a 1st team regular for Valencia or schalke, Tottenham or Lazio but if they haven't won a trophy...hard luck Harry Kane, the dream move to the bairns is off till you've won a trophy or 2 :lol:

WTF has teams in Europe and Harry Kane got to do with a player that hasn't been playing first team football for some time .

A loan spell at Oldham two year ago, token 1min sub appearances for Swansea and occasional game usually in the cups shows you where he is, surprised me getting as far as he has but no one can really pinpoint where is career wise without first team football, funnily you are judged on that

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

One of my worst seasons following the Bairns.

Had a season ticket for the terracing and lost count the amount of times I got an absolute drowning. We moved out and the c***s put a roof over it, probably financed by the rent we were paying them !!

Did we not give them part of the old terracing roof from Brockville which had been new just a few seasons earlier?

Re Nichol: if I had been him I'd probably have done the same thing. He wouldn't have expected to even get a gig with us at this stage never mind going back to his first love! Guessing obviously too but I'd imagine that he'd at least treble his wages and, given that money comes in fits & starts for somebody in his position, I suppose he's got to take it when he can get it. 

I think this is probably good news for us, particularly if we get a fee and, hopefully, he'll play a significant part in the continuing decline of sevco! Like others have said though I wouldn't want him anywhere near the dugout today as he'll just get booed which he doesn't deserve. I'd definitely have auld Alex in instead as he does seem to have a positive influence from the sidelines.

With Nichol away I could see McPake from Dundee coming in.

Why? He's just started training again and sees himself as playing for us again (Which I doubt will happen tbf). The O'Dea shout as player assistant is probably a better one.