The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Funnily enough, someone on BAWA who is generally quite ITK mentioned that there's a very good chance of signing someone from Falkirk who is not Austin or Loy.
So there you go....Joe McKee confirmed [emoji20] 

Heard Jack is keen on Hypolyte

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Talented but not kicked a ball for weeks

That's the thing with some talented players though. They are happy playing in a confident, winning team and don't have the stomach for a fight when required.

Paul McMullan, Ryan Hardie, Tom Walsh. All talented enough guys in the last two seasons with us but every one of then look completely uninterested when it came to the crunch and we were in the shit. 

51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's the thing with some talented players though. They are happy playing in a confident, winning team and don't have the stomach for a fight when required.

Paul McMullan, Ryan Hardie, Tom Walsh. All talented enough guys in the last two seasons with us but every one of then look completely uninterested when it came to the crunch and we were in the shit. 

He's actually not all that talented IMO. One of those players who thinks he's better than he is and flatters to deceive much of the time. That said he can be very effective when he puts his mind to it and drives directly at defences rather than faffing about trying to beat the same man twice.

Would have thought an Austin loan deal might have been best for all concerned, feel a bit conflicted about his release tbh.  His dives were atrocious and his attitude was crap this season, but on the flip side, when used correctly he was excellent, his starts this season were mostly (IIRC) as a 1 up top with his back to goal, supported by players like Kerr, Taiwo, Craigen, McKee etc who were never going to get up there to help him and quite predictably, he looked rotten.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see him scoring a barrel-load for a similar sized championship club.

7 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Would have thought an Austin loan deal might have been best for all concerned, feel a bit conflicted about his release tbh.  His dives were atrocious and his attitude was crap this season, but on the flip side, when used correctly he was excellent, his starts this season were mostly (IIRC) as a 1 up top with his back to goal, supported by players like Kerr, Taiwo, Craigen, McKee etc who were never going to get up there to help him and quite predictably, he looked rotten.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see him scoring a barrel-load for a similar sized championship club.

Austin needs a striker partner, Loy needs a striker partner. How often have they played together as two up front? In the LC games and for 20 minutes v St Mirren when both looked good.

Sad to say but I don't think Hartley has a fuckin clue!

Looks like I am not the only one with concerns re Hartley.

We know that Austen had potential so moving him out before trying him with our new and apparently improved squad in January seems short sighted. I rather suspect he’s a player who plays well in a good team, something we have not been this season.

Hartley better have a great alternative lined up or this may come back to bite him.

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Looks like I am not the only one with concerns re Hartley.

We know that Austen had potential so moving him out before trying him with our new and apparently improved squad in January seems short sighted. I rather suspect he’s a player who plays well in a good team, something we have not been this season.

Hartley better have a great alternative lined up or this may come back to bite him.

Yea, I was looking forward to the new striker fighting it out with Loy & Austin for a starting berth. As it stands Hartley now probably needs to bring in two strikers as we were already a bit light there considering Miller can't really seem to give us a full 90 minutes and O'Hara isn't shaping up as we all had hoped. 

We desperately need more creativity behind them as well so he's got a big rebuilding job on his hands given that he needs to persuade somebody to take maybe 3 or 4 of the midfielders who aren't cutting the mustard at the moment.

Yea, I was looking forward to the new striker fighting it out with Loy & Austin for a starting berth. As it stands Hartley now probably needs to bring in two strikers as we were already a bit light there considering Miller can't really seem to give us a full 90 minutes and O'Hara isn't shaping up as we all had hoped.  We desperately need more creativity behind them as well so he's got a big rebuilding job on his hands given that he needs to persuade somebody to take maybe 3 or 4 of the midfielders who aren't cutting the mustard at the moment.

Jury is still out on O’Hara but I definitely think he’s another that has the potential and that I hope he starts to show it on his return.

My biggest concern re Austen is that he may end up at another Championship club such as St Mirren, or even Dunfermline, and he uses us for target practice.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Jury is still out on O’Hara but I definitely think he’s another that has the potential and that I hope he starts to show it on his return.

My biggest concern re Austen is that he may end up at another Championship club such as St Mirren, or even Dunfermline, and he uses us for target practice.

Knowing our luck he'll be lining up against us on the 2nd!

Knowing our luck he'll be lining up against us on the 2nd!

When he was playing well and he had the ball running at defences he had a running style that was completely unpredictable and caused defences all sorts of worries. If he had a bit more of a football brain or learned a bit more under an experienced coach I think he has the potential to terrorise everyone in this division.

Sadly I don’t get the impression that Hartley is the type of coach to work on players confidence and provide good direction that much. At St Mirren underJack Ross, or even Morton under Duffy, I could see him doing well. Not quite so sure under AJ at the Pars, although that’s simply because I don’t really know that much re his coaching style or record in this regard.

WTF are you people on here all about?

Austin has been utter drivel this season, remind me how many goals he has scored?

He dives all over the place, I'm for one thinks that Hartley has got this spot on... Get shot, both him and Hippo their attitudes look stinking.

Body language tells all for me for both players. Loy is another who needs a move. The returning Messiah has not managed to score yet and we are almost at New Year...fcuk sakes

Hartley needs to do something and fast or Div One play offs here we come.

I don't get where the soft spots are for strikers that cannot score goals???

They can all GTF as far as I'm concerned, they've had their chance and it time to replace.

I honestly don't understand this Love in pish for Austin and the patter he'll come back to haunt us? The only way he'll do this if we slip down to the seaside league, in reality that's his level IMO.

Time to move on.

3 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Austin has been utter drivel this season, remind me how many goals he has scored?

He dives all over the place, I'm for one thinks that Hartley has got this spot on... Get shot, both him and Hippo their attitudes look stinking.

Body language tells all for me for both players. Loy is another who needs a move. The returning Messiah has not managed to score yet and we are almost at New Year...fcuk sakes

They can all GTF as far as I'm concerned, they've had their chance and it time to replace.

I honestly don't understand this Love in pish for Austin and the patter he'll come back to haunt us? The only way he'll do this if we slip down to the seaside league, in reality that's his level IMO.

Time to move on.

Nailed it. Sorry I can only give one green dot at a time.

Time to move on.

No love-in here, but your focus is on their performance this season which I totally get. However, mine was on the POTENTIAL some of the players have which we have simply failed to exploit under Hartley.

Let’s see what he brings in to replace what we have although I have previously highlighted that Hartley’s signing record causes some concern.

You are right that he has to do something because in terms of motivating or getting the best out of what we have he has failed miserably to date.

I was trying to see what Nelson brings to the party based on previous record but struggling to find his goal scoring record with Harrogate Town...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No love-in here, but your focus is on their performance this season which I totally get. However, mine was on the POTENTIAL some of the players have which we have simply failed to exploit under Hartley.

Let’s see what he brings in to replace what we have although I have previously highlighted that Hartley’s signing record causes some concern.

You are right that he has to do something because in terms of motivating or getting the best out of what we have he has failed miserably to date.

I was trying to see what Nelson brings to the party based on previous record but struggling to find his goal scoring record with Harrogate Town...

He's scored 1 goal in senior football, worrying if that is the calibre of player being lined up tbh.