The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

I overheard a conversation that we were in a bit of bother financially weeks ago. 

If the above has any truth, why did we go and appoint P. H who no doubt is on decent money.  The Board have always shown they know less than nothing when it comes to football, but surely you would expect them to see the foreseeable future has no money worries for the club. 

If we are in financial difficulty then the lot of them should walk, Houston wasn't doing anything but if you haven't got the funds to change it say so, Falkirk Fans are human beings well most of them,  and maybe if you explain what is happening at the club most will understand. 

At the moment it feels like we're about to go back to times before. 

IMO its not why did we appoint Hartley, it's why did we appoint a Chief Exec on £70k?

Not sure why this guy is getting the easy ride just now with all that is going on.

Loving all the ITK posters that can’t actually tell us anything. Absolutely class patter and we definitely all believe you.

No one would be happier than me if the conversations I have had this week turned out to be slavering nonsense but I genuinely believe what I have been told. Not going to break any confidences by going into detail so feel free to have a wee dig if you must.[emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

No one would be happier than me if the conversations I have had this week turned out to be slavering nonsense but I genuinely believe what I have been told. Not going to break any confidences by going into detail so feel free to have a wee dig if you must.[emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]
Shitebag

If we are in financial difficulty then the lot of them should walk, Houston wasn't doing anything but if you haven't got the funds to change it say so, Falkirk Fans are human beings well most of them,  and maybe if you explain what is happening at the club most will understand. 

Since when did any board spell out financial positions to fans?
And if they walk because they don't have the funds? Who takes over? Always amazes me when people seem to think there is a queue of billionaire businessmen waiting for the nod to come in and rescue struggling football clubs

2 minutes ago, TheLad said:

And if they walk because they don't have the funds? Who takes over? Always amazes me when people seem to think there is a queue of billionaire businessmen waiting for the nod to come in and rescue struggling football clubs

This.

Businessmen invest in clubs.

An investment is expected to yield a return.

Even when they give an interest-free loan, they expect that loan to be paid back.

How many times have we seen people here squealing in indignation that people who have loaned the club money are being repaid?

The perfect example of how to do it was Fergus McCann. Bought a club on it's knees, invested to make it a stable business, sold it for a profit. 

If Falkirk as a business is in trouble I wouldn't be surprised. The stadium deal is a Premier League millstone and the Academy was worth it financially when it was pumping players into the team but the minute it stopped (and we've heard that the coaches there thought the pipeline was going to be dry for a few years) it became another financial burden.

This.
Businessmen invest in clubs.
An investment is expected to yield a return.
Even when they give an interest-free loan, they expect that loan to be paid back.
How many times have we seen people here squealing in indignation that people who have loaned the club money are being repaid?
The perfect example of how to do it was Fergus McCann. Bought a club on it's knees, invested to make it a stable business, sold it for a profit. 
If Falkirk as a business is in trouble I wouldn't be surprised. The stadium deal is a Premier League millstone and the Academy was worth it financially when it was pumping players into the team but the minute it stopped (and we've heard that the coaches there thought the pipeline was going to be dry for a few years) it became another financial burden.

The business model and academy would have been fine if the first team performance had been anywhere near what was expected. They had to get out of the league and so often nearly men that sh@t it a bit.
This year they haven't even bothered to try so it makes sense to make the necessary changes now. The academy has good players but you need to be selling 1 a year for 500k+ to make it worthwhile

24 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Do you honestly think the FFC Board members put cash into the club. 

Somehow I don't think I said walk because they don't have funds, Maybe something along the lines of spending money on positions at the club needlessly knowing you cannot sustain the future business plan. 

Nobody is asking for millionaires to rescue the club, as at the moment the only rescuing we need is on the football field. 

If we fail to stay in this league, I'll let you tell me what would happen. 

From outside, Falkirk seemed to have brought through a good number of decent young players through the past 10 years give or take. Certainly more than us and other similar sized clubs.

Why is that? Better coaching? If so, who has been responsible for that and what are they doing that is so special?

I personally believe that coaching in Scotland is utter rank and that's partially why we have such a shit national team, and that we as a country need to focus more on teaching the right things more.

Or is it that your youth players ard instilled with a workman like attitude and try harder?