The Falkirk FC Thread

How do you know what Hartley has said to the squad?

I do believe he has already stated what his plans are publicly in recent weeks.

I also think even prior to that his actions re some of the players he has dropped has pretty much confirmed his position regarding them.

Well we certainly cant go on as we are. So if the players we have dont want to play for the team, manager or eachother, then that leaves us one option.

IMO you are being too soft on the players here. They have already forced Houston out of the club. You seem to advocating that they get the chance to do likewise to Hartley regardless of consequence to FFC.

f**k them. Something has to change as currently we are in a play off spot. Ao get them tae f**k. If that doesnt work thwn its on Hartley. Until then, its on these chancers.

Ha ha. Can’t believe a shop steward would say such a thing!

I am not being too soft. We knew when he came in that he really only had the players in front of him to work with. His responsibility is to get the best out of them. Do you really think he’s done that? I think we have squandered opportunities to pick up points which puts us even further on the back foot.

Part of the problem just now is the lack of consequences for the players. The ones that are out of contract (most of the squad) don't care if we go down as they will continue to get paid regardless and get a new gig in the summer. There probably won't even be that much reputational damage as people will look from the outside and say the whole club was in dire straits.

Hartley has struggled to motivate the players so far but I think this night be out his hands for the reason above. Clear out of the squad is a massive risk but needs to be done, with new faces in we'll get a better idea of how well he's doing at managing the team.  

The players who gave up on Houston are partially to blame for the position we are in. However, apart from Sibbs and Peter Grant I believe, every other player in the first team was signed by Houston, majority of them being fucking rotten. His lack of scouting and stubborn tactics are another reason as to why we’re in the absolute shitter. Houston gave us some absolutely great games but last season and the start of this one was horrendous.

Fans on here and on that daft fucking COYB page are still going on about us sacking him need to get a grip and get behind Don Paul. He’s inherited shite and at the first opportunity he’s going to shovel a big smelly lump of it to f**k.

I’ll 100% behind him and believe he’ll keep us up. I may be wrong but time and his signings will tell. Can’t be any worse than Alex fucking Harris.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well we certainly cant go on as we are. So if the players we have dont want to play for the team, manager or eachother, then that leaves us one option.

IMO you are being too soft on the players here. They have already forced Houston out of the club. You seem to advocating that they get the chance to do likewise to Hartley regardless of consequence to FFC.

f**k them. Something has to change as currently we are in a play off spot. Ao get them tae f**k. If that doesnt work thwn its on Hartley. Until then, its on these chancers.

I still find it mystifying how Smith got a tune out of the players and Hartley hasnt really so far got close to those two games Smith had. 

I personally think Houston himself lost his job, the players to an extent didnt help but poor player recruitment and the biggy leaving us with no left back for the season in where we were losing a goal a game or more down that side. Houston shouldve walked after the DUFC play off game or the board shouldve moved him upstairs for the remaining year but hindsight is a beautiful thing

2-3 games in with Hartley I remembered his Dundee team in the championship v us was very ugly to watch, we have been very ugly to watch.

9 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

Part of the problem just now is the lack of consequences for the players. The ones that are out of contract (most of the squad) don't care if we go down as they will continue to get paid regardless and get a new gig in the summer. There probably won't even be that much reputational damage as people will look from the outside and say the whole club was in dire straits.

Hartley has struggled to motivate the players so far but I think this night be out his hands for the reason above. Clear out of the squad is a massive risk but needs to be done, with new faces in we'll get a better idea of how well he's doing at managing the team.  

I think his formations for us so far have been a mess with the players he has at his disposal, he stuck with the 4-4-2 formation for one game when we were poor and sneaked a point, then persevered with his 1 up top formation when clearly it wasnt working. 

It was hell of a strange in the early days of Hartley when experienced pros were unsure where they had to be and what they were meant to do.

The league this season is as tight as I've ever seen it, the Morton win highlighted that it couldve went either way but we had togetherness within the 13 or so players used on the day and formation structure that was simple, yet to see that under Hartley.  I think player recruitment in January will be key to who wins the league and ditto ourselves if we get out the play off spot. No offence to Brechin but I think we are assured the play off spot at worst, its more the form of play we are in to go into those play offs, the current management and players use, Id say it was 50/50 on us surviving a play off and 6-8 new players may not change that

6 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I heard a rumour that Scott Pittman was being lined up by Falkirk so if we are looking at Nathan Austin then it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a swap deal or something. 

Personally I’d rather we kept Pittman as he really is our driving force in midfield but it’s another scenario like Danny Mullen, he’s out of contract in the summer and may want to look at his options, the club maybe want to get something or someone for him. 

Only time will tell. 

I'd presume that is the case as there is surely no way Livingston are in a position to pay any sort of fee.

Sad to see Austin go if true, excellent in the final three or four months of last season. He's been garbage this season, but who hasn't, plenty of others I'd have emptied before him. Beggars belief that Hartleys number one striker is a past-it Miller, who offers nothing more than chucking himself to the ground at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

The players who gave up on Houston are partially to blame for the position we are in. However, apart from Sibbs and Peter Grant I believe, every other player in the first team was signed by Houston, majority of them being fucking rotten. His lack of scouting and stubborn tactics are another reason as to why we’re in the absolute shitter. Houston gave us some absolutely great games but last season and the start of this one was horrendous.

Fans on here and on that daft fucking COYB page are still going on about us sacking him need to get a grip and get behind Don Paul. He’s inherited shite and at the first opportunity he’s going to shovel a big smelly lump of it to f**k.

I’ll 100% behind him and believe he’ll keep us up. I may be wrong but time and his signings will tell. Can’t be any worse than Alex fucking Harris.

Get them telt Senor.

54 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I'd presume that is the case as there is surely no way Livingston are in a position to pay any sort of fee.

Sad to see Austin go if true, excellent in the final three or four months of last season. He's been garbage this season, but who hasn't, plenty of others I'd have emptied before him. Beggars belief that Hartleys number one striker is a past-it Miller, who offers nothing more than chucking himself to the ground at every opportunity.

According to the Scotsman, he was in talks with Livi yesterday and they expect him to line up against Dundee Utd at Tannadice tomorrow....no mention of anyone coming our way.

2 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

According to the Scotsman, he was in talks with Livi yesterday and they expect him to line up against Dundee Utd at Tannadice tomorrow....no mention of anyone coming our way.

It would have to be an emergency loan wouldn't it ? Transfer window isn't open yet. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Yes, the word is temporary transfer until the window opens then permanent. 

Many thanks for confirmation. It's one that might be best for both parties. He has been disappointing everytime I've seen him this year. Although that could pretty much be said about every player.

Anyone want to put their knowledge of the "shambles" in the boardroom up here? It's an anonymous gossip forum, seems like the right place for it.

Or PM me cos I'm a nosey c**t. :whistle

I was asked not to go into detail but if even half of what I was told earlier today is true (I have no reason to doubt the person I was speaking to) then it's not only players who should be getting shown the door next month. Grim, grim stuff.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Be worried, be very worried!

I overheard a conversation that we were in a bit of bother financially weeks ago. 

If the above has any truth, why did we go and appoint P. H who no doubt is on decent money.  The Board have always shown they know less than nothing when it comes to football, but surely you would expect them to see the foreseeable future has no money worries for the club. 

If we are in financial difficulty then the lot of them should walk, Houston wasn't doing anything but if you haven't got the funds to change it say so, Falkirk Fans are human beings well most of them,  and maybe if you explain what is happening at the club most will understand. 

At the moment it feels like we're about to go back to times before.