The Falkirk FC Thread

We've currently got the best u14 team in the country which it looks like we are now going to give up totally. The old firm vultures will be circling over them at the moment. If this was a long thought over decision you' have thought they could've spent a bit of time planning how to release the need instead of the right royal balls up we've ended up with. Doesn't give me much confidence in our chief exec or charm.

Tam McManus saying on twitter there is to be a meeting tomorrow with money to be put back into the academy to keep it going?
They going to get Reagan & Mackay to do an about turn & have the SFA underwrite the @forthvalleyfa? It's not financially viable.
More important to keep @falkirkfcf schemes going. CMIIW but aren't they self sustaining?

17 minutes ago, kiddy said:

More important to keep @falkirkfcf schemes going. CMIIW but aren't they self sustaining?

Eh?

FCF is the Foundation. It's of no importance to the first team that we all grew up supporting, given that it's basically a charity which provides football for everyone regardless of age, sex or ability. None of the folk involved in that will ever play for Falkirk. Or at least it's highly unlikely.

I'm not knocking them; I've spent a lot of time helping their activities, including travelling all over the country with one of their teams. There's a lot of very, very good people involved with the Foundation. But at the end of the day they provide amateur and childrens football which won't be of interest to the majority of fans.

And yes, I think they are self-sustaining. They're also an ongoing link to the local community, which, according to some of the more excitable recent facebook posts, were severed forever by the decision to stop funding FVFA.  I know a few parents who've become diehard FFC fans simply because their children have been on Foundation programmes.

5 hours ago, Bofabairn said:

Your argument fails totally at leftback.

Mcghee is a centre half.

TG aint a fitba player.

Argument ?

I stated we cut our cloth this season and left back was a position where we had no one really.  McGhee has played  7 out of his 15 games at left back and I'd bet if we go to a back four again pre January when Robson comes in, I think it would be  McGhee again at left back, tho I doubt we wouldve seen him there under Houston where it was so evident we were losing goals left right and centre from the left hand side.

The buck falls with the manager whom he sees fit to cover the position he signed him for or promoted within, Houston may still be in a job if he had signed a left back as Gallacher is so out of his depth.

Guest Back Post Misses
What's he like? Any good?

Been honking with the rest of the side this season. Last season he was excellent from Christmas.

For a big unit not sure he is the bravest.

I liked him so disappointed it has turned out as it has.

I heard a rumour that Scott Pittman was being lined up by Falkirk so if we are looking at Nathan Austin then it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a swap deal or something. 

Personally I’d rather we kept Pittman as he really is our driving force in midfield but it’s another scenario like Danny Mullen, he’s out of contract in the summer and may want to look at his options, the club maybe want to get something or someone for him. 

Only time will tell. 

Unfortunately he’s spends most of the game waiting to be fouled and goes down far too easily for someone who played in the juniors not too long ago.

Definitely has ability and has scored most of his goals with his head for us.

I personally think he’s murder. He has pace which can cause a bit of havoc with stretching defences but has zero technical ability or strength. He never looks in control of the ball which also works to his advantage at times. 

I had a soft spot for him at first and hope he proves me wrong as I was desperate for him to be a success at Falkirk after coming with a good goal scoring record from East Fife.

Edited by wee_bairn

He's regressed this season but he's been misused. Asked to play a target man role when he should've been running the channels and pushing defences back. In saying that he hasn't helped himself - his finishing is questionable and the obsession with trying to win fouls above anything else is infuriating and ruins his game. I reckon he'll do well for Livi, pretty sure they'll play to his strengths.