The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't go to away games due to lack of finance so I didn't see the display up at Dundee.

After yesterday i really feel unless Hartley can produce a miracle in the January window we are humped. That team is full of shitebags who don't have the heart for a relegation battle.

He doesn't need a miracle. He needs to put 11 players on the park who are willing to give 100%. January seems like the natural time to suggest that should be happening as by then, players that want away should hopefully have gone, and ones who remain should be the ones who are willing to fight. That is the point at which I will judge Hartley, but it has to be said, he must shoulder the blame for the right now if it is true that we went in with the shotgun approach and told them all they were shite before he could empty them.

Totally agree, if it means the likes of Loy, Hippo etc leaving then so be it if it means he can get players in who are up for the battle.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Totally agree, if it means the likes of Loy, Hippo etc leaving then so be it if it means he can get players in who are up for the battle.

100% this. We don't ask for much and don't expect us to sign Worldbeaters but as fans we deserve players that try.

The squad we have just now are all shitebags and that is not acceptable.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Eckerlsey, an interested Loy, McGinn, Stelios, Davis, Smith, O'Brien... That's the sort of quality we had to bring in to turn this around. 

I realise you've got Loy but that's clearly not working and it looks like he'll be away. 

My question is, do you think you need a squad clearout or do you think cutting out a couple of the bad apples will be enough?

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Eckerlsey, an interested Loy, McGinn, Stelios, Davis, Smith, O'Brien... That's the sort of quality we had to bring in to turn this around. 

I realise you've got Loy but that's clearly not working and it looks like he'll be away. 

My question is, do you think you need a squad clearout or do you think cutting out a couple of the bad apples will be enough?

We also had Mallan. Morgan and Magennis.

IMO Falkirk don't have any youngsters who could make as big a contribution to our survival as these three did.

They could do with a manager of Jack Ross' quality.:whistle

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We also had Mallan. Morgan and Magennis.

IMO Falkirk don't have any youngsters who could make as big a contribution to our survival as these three did.

They could do with a manager of Jack Ross' quality.:whistle

The same Jack Ross your fans were shouting and screaming to be sacked this time last year? No thanks.

Plainly not good enough to warrant a higher league position.  The team has not been unlucky, they have got what they deserved from the tactics  and the quality of the play. There is no choice but for the directors to find the cash for Hartley to do a Jack Ross and ship out 8-9 and bring in as good as a new squad.  If Falkirk go down then the stadium becomes a financial millstone that could finish the football club as we know it. No youth academy,  part time players and possible administration. That is why Hartley must get the cash. 

We're going to need 40 points to finish 8th? That probably means we need at least another 8 wins.

I think to get that, the absolute minimum we'd need in is

Thomson

Muirhead
Grant
Balatoni
McGhee

New player
Taiwo
Sibbald
New player

New player
New player

This assumes that Sibbald isn't completely finished and Tom Taiwo can be held together with sellotape. We're also essentially playing four centre backs meaning distribution from defence is going to be awful.

Counted back and we've scored 1 goal from open play in our last 9 games. We are fucked without major change middle to front. I can't even see us beating Brechin.

Five out and five in could be enough but every single one of those new signings needs to work out.

I’d be keen to get more than five out. Harris Hippo Austin Loy and McKee need punted.

We could get 2 first team players in if the wages Loy are on is correct.

I’d also try to punt Gallagher off down south. If someone offers over 100k we should snatch it. Gasparotto and Shepherd will be gone. Could potentially also get rid of Watson too who will be on a half decent wage.

That would leave us with
Thomson
Muirhead
Grant
Balatoni
McGhee
Sibbald
Kerr
Taiwo
Dunne
O’Hara

I reckon we’d need two new fullbacks. One which will probably be the lad from Ross County. f**k knows who to get at left back. I still think we need a big centre mid to break up play. Two wingers and two strikers are also needed. God fucking help us.