The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You don’t need to tell me that but we won’t get those sort of numbers signing up.

Only my opinion but I do believe you could get 1000. Needs that and business to get it moving

We've got around 1300.

Hearing rumours Hippolyte, Austin and Loy are to be dumped in January. Makes sense with them not starting the game on Sunday.

Who could really argue with this?

Their application this season has been abysmal. There appears no passion whatsoever considering the position we are in. They look as if they give a f**k to be honest.

I only hope the PH has some others lined up because he is taking a massive gamble with new players trying to settle etc. They would need to hit the ground running as we don't have time to spare unless we are cut way adrift with Brechin at the bottom.

Interesting times ahead

Agree with Austin and hippo, they really haven't applied themselves to the best of their abilities. No effort the majority of the time which is extremely frustrating. I will still give loy the benefit of the doubt however as he has been a victim of circumstance. He does look like he tries when he comes on but shows real frustration. If he gets a string of starts together and there is still no end product then I will agree.

For me Loy looks as if he is not fully focused on his role right now. Even watching him pre match warm up, he is not the same spritely character he once was.
We all know what he was like first time around where his effort and his unquestionable commitment were there for all to see.
We can't even blame PH for this given his Dundee fiasco where he was obviously surplus to requirements then - he was unlucky to pick an injury up in the first game of the season and has never recovered... Maybe he knows his days are numbered at FFC, let's not kid ourselves here, in our current predicament, how the hell this guy cannot get a game when you take account of the competition up front is truly baffling. Unless of course there are other non football related issues in the background.
I hope for his sake and ours of course, he gets back to full fitness mentally and physically as soon as possible.
When a team has scored so few league goals in 13 league games, how difficult must it be to get into that team with Miller, O'Hara and Austin in front of him. There is obviously a major problem somewhere.

10 hours ago, Trump said:

Hearing rumours Hippolyte, Austin and Loy are to be dumped in January. Makes sense with them not starting the game on Sunday.

I already told you , Loy will be back with St Mirren in January , either on loan or permanent. JRs still smarting at missing out on him and he knows he can get the best out of him .We'll need at least one more forward  for the run in !

Falkirk are last season's St Mirren , only we didn't have the Brechin safety net. When we lost a last minute equaliser to Morton in January and followed it up with a 3-0 home tanking from QOS everyone of us thought it was all over , there was no way back. We all know what happened after that and I can see the exact same thing with Falkirk.There are players in your squad just now who will know that their time's up. Hartley will get his own guys in in January and everything will be sorted , and set up for next season !

Falkirk are last season's St Mirren , only we didn't have the Brechin safety net. When we lost a last minute equaliser to Morton in January and followed it up with a 3-0 home tanking from QOS everyone of us thought it was all over , there was no way back. We all know what happened after that and I can see the exact same thing with Falkirk.There are players in your squad just now who will know that their time's up. Hartley will get his own guys in in January and everything will be sorted , and set up for next season !

Love your optimism [emoji106]

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

I already told you , Loy will be back with St Mirren in January , either on loan or permanent. JRs still smarting at missing out on him and he knows he can get the best out of him .We'll need at least one more forward  for the run in !

Based on what?

Even if he's still under-performing, I think it'd be a foolish move for us to let Loy move to a team in the same division when we know he's capable of doing a job at this level.

4 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Based on what?

Even if he's still under-performing, I think it'd be a foolish move for us to let Loy move to a team in the same division when we know he's capable of doing a job at this level.

Put it this way , I know for a fact that St Mirren have enquired about his availability , and Hartley will be looking to completely revamp his squad. Hartley already dumped him last season , so you can see why JRs sniffing about again !

It would certainly make sense for SM to enquire after him, but I can't see us just cutting him loose like that in January. Think we'll keep him until the summer.

If the rumours about basically our entire frontline getting the boot from Hartley are near true, he'd better have some quality signings lined up to replace them, like, errr, Longridge, and errrmm those he brought in at Dundee :unsure2:

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Put it this way , I know for a fact that St Mirren have enquired about his availability , and Hartley will be looking to completely revamp his squad. Hartley already dumped him last season , so you can see why JRs sniffing about again !

Not a chance. We have not got the money to pay him off. St Mirren would not be able to get near his wages or pay any sort of transfer fee. Not happening.

2 hours ago, young_bairn said:

Hope so. Bunch of wanks.

Because the players he brought on to play against Dundee United, while these lot were benched, worked wonders at the weekend. All three of them have showed they are more than capable when motivated properly. Smith had Hippo absolutely running Dunfermline ragged not that long ago and I still reckon Austin and Loy both just look rock bottom in confidence right now. I don't believe they have become utterly useless over the course of half a season and Longridge looks worse than Hippo by some distance in my opinion. I can think of several others in the squad that need moved on before these three. Mckee, Kidd and Miller for a start.  

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Obviously Hartley will be looking to improve the squad, but to say he'll definitely be at St Mirren because PH didn't fancy him at Dundee is complete conjecture on your part. Fair enough if you've made an enquiry, but I'd surprised if we moved on a, supposedly, key player to a team in our league.

Edited by lanky_ffc