The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Isn't he fairly bleurgh? Averaging about 1 goal in 8. I accept many of these will be subby appearances.

Happy to be proved wrong, I hasten to add!

Think he's only had 2 starts in the Premiership this season. Stats are better expressed per minute or per 90 and he's scored or assisted every 156 minutes at this level which isn't terrible. Tbh, I'm more pleased that we've got a manager who's willing to make use of the loan market rather than complain at others who do.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Very frustrating player. Will have a brilliant half hour then hee haw for the next 7 or 8 games.

Sounds like harris if you take away the brilliant half hour. Cant help feeling a fullback would've been a more desperate need.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Looks like the front 4 will be

Longridge Craigen Hippo
Loy/Austin

I’m okay with that. I’d play Taiwo and Sibbs in behind that.

Certainly allows for some change and new approaches. I'd perhaps have McKee and taiwo behind them with sibbs taking craigens place above. However where does Dunne fit in with that ? Certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Certainly allows for some change and new approaches. I'd perhaps have McKee and taiwo behind them with sibbs taking craigens place above. However where does Dunne fit in with that ? Certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped. 

Aye Sibbs in behind the striker would be even nicer. We might see Dunne on the left instead of Hippo. Good to actually have options(even if some of them are pish) and to know what sort of formation we’re going for. The first couple months of the season we didn’t have a clue.

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Aye Sibbs in behind the striker would be even nicer. We might see Dunne on the left instead of Hippo. Good to actually have options(even if some of them are pish) and to know what sort of formation we’re going for. The first couple months of the season we didn’t have a clue.

Think that could be the shout after hippo was hooked on Saturday. Anyone's guess at the moment which is good to keep everyone on their toes fighting for the positions but you also want to get a settled starting 11. Think it will be around March next year before we see that

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Looks like the front 4 will be

Longridge Craigen Hippo
Loy/Austin

I’m okay with that. I’d play Taiwo and Sibbs in behind that.

Apparently Sibbs out for hernia op, so if true not likely to feature any time soon. Dunne def deserves an extended run, so Loy/Longridge partnership up front for me.  Craigen is way too slow for my liking, and Austin really needs to get his act together fast. His constant falling over is beyond embarrassing. On current showings, wouldn't be surprised if Hartley bins him.  

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

Apparently Sibbs out for hernia op, so if true not likely to feature any time soon. Dunne def deserves an extended run, so Loy/Longridge partnership up front for me.  Craigen is way too slow for my liking, and Austin really needs to get his act together fast. His constant falling over is beyond embarrassing. On current showings, wouldn't be surprised if Hartley bins him.  

Sibbs hernia has cleared. He has a thigh issue now

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sibbs hernia has cleared. He has a thigh issue now

Cheers BPM, hopefully in that case he won't be far away from a return.  We def miss him badly, even more evident given woeful lack of creative spark from centre of the park. Would like to think Hartley will play him in behind the front two...