The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't know what the love in is on here with Austin... He's been awful recently, too busy falling around as per BSLM's coaching [emoji102] Needs to man up! One of the main reason we have scored so few goals this season, looks like he struggled to hit a coo's arse wi a banjo at times- get rid for me along with

Thomson

Kidd

Watson

Gasporatto

Harris

McKee

Shepherd

Kerr

Miller

Loy

Hartley has a tough job on his hands, no doubt he'll need time to clear out the dross left behind... We'll do well to avoid bottom half this year

I don't know what the love in is on here with Austin... He's been awful recently, too busy falling around as per BSLM's coaching [emoji102] Needs to man up! One of the main reason we have scored so few goals this season, looks like he struggled to hit a coo's arse wi a banjo at times- get rid for me along with

Thomson
Kidd
Watson
Gasporatto
Harris
McKee
Shepherd
Kerr
Miller
Loy

Hartley has a tough job on his hands, no doubt he'll need time to clear out the dross left behind... We'll do well to avoid bottom half this year

Get rid of Loy? I know he’s been extremely poor but it’s clearly due to not being fit. The rest I agree with including what you’ve said about Austin. The lads more arsed about diving about more than anything.

Get rid of Loy? I know he’s been extremely poor but it’s clearly due to not being fit. The rest I agree with including what you’ve said about Austin. The lads more arsed about diving about more than anything.

Yip, for me Loy needs to go unless he starts showing if he is capable of putting the ball in the net for us. He never leads the line, plays far too deep, don’t think he has scored for us since his return tbf doesn’t look likely. I know he has not been fit but I can’t help think he’ll struggle to get a game when Hartley sorts out his own team. He is one player we have brought back and arguably as our main striker, he has been a major disappointment to me, sure he had a couple of good games against inferior opposition but can’t help feeling he best days are behind him. Moving back down the leagues has obviously dented his confidence. His body language to me seems off, certainly not the busy bustling lad that left to join Hartley 3 years ago.

Maybe the lad feels he has no support up front, who knows? Let’s face it the guy is going nowhere as he has signed a 2 year deal. Maybe if we get another striker in January he may get a new lease of life and find the route to goal.

Amazingly he watches the youth teams unlike Houston who spent time on sportsound when the development team were playing.

I’d keep;

Mitchell
Grant
Balatoni
McGhee
Gallagher
McKee
Kerr
Taiwo
Craigen
Dunne
Austin
Ohara
Loy.

Get Watson, Gasparotto, Muirhead, Kidd and Shepard out the door in January if someone will take them.

Will take Hartley two transfer windows to weed out Houston’s failures.

Keep 13 players?

He needs a pool of no more than 15/16 senior players and I believe that is where it will go.

Get some quality in.

I would keep no more than 7/8 and I am not sure Hartley will even keep that many.

7 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Yip, for me Loy needs to go unless he starts showing if he is capable of putting the ball in the net for us. He never leads the line, plays far too deep, don’t think he has scored for us since his return tbf doesn’t look likely. I know he has not been fit but I can’t help think he’ll struggle to get a game when Hartley sorts out his own team. He is one player we have brought back and arguably as our main striker, he has been a major disappointment to me, sure he had a couple of good games against inferior opposition but can’t help feeling he best days are behind him. Moving back down the leagues has obviously dented his confidence. His body language to me seems off, certainly not the busy bustling lad that left to join Hartley 3 years ago.

Maybe the lad feels he has no support up front, who knows? Let’s face it the guy is going nowhere as he has signed a 2 year deal. Maybe if we get another striker in January he may get a new lease of life and find the route to goal.

I doubt Loy will be going anywhere.  He's on decent wages and a 2 year deal so would take a big hit to get him off the books.  We need to get a side out that maximises his abilities or we're just pishing cash down the drain. When he scored most of his goals for us we had a pretty attacking midfield with no side to siders like Mark Kerr in it.  You had the likes of Fulton, Sibbald, McGrandles, Millar and even Phil Roberts playing . All of them liked to push forward and he was basically playing up top on his own until beck arrived towards the end of the season.  Our current midfield is too slow and ponderous at times.

Obviously we’re poor and can’t score goals but how does this constitute an ‘emergency’ loan signing? Surely these are for things like when both keepers are injured and we’ve only a youth team keeper to play?

It's just terminology, doesn't need to be an "emergency".