The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

I wouldn't have sibbald or Loy being in that top 3, as it stands, both have the ability to be but both were horrific last week

It wasn't tactical genius yesterday, the simple facts of a four man defence is eliminate your weakness, Smith done that in playing Mcghee at left back, he also tweaked here and there but that was the crucial area. 

We have been horrendous down that left hand side when it mattered, Houston's inability to replace Leahy has cost him his job

I'm glad that Smith said that lot has been carrying an illness for the past few weeks. Hopefully get back to his best soon but you've got to wonder why Houston persisted with him when he clearly wasn't fit.

Hope we can boost the confidence with a follow up win next week, I said it before but in a tight league, with not a huge difference in standard between top and bottom, a few wins in a row will see us shoot up the league.

To put in perspective though, the leaders have dropped just 6 points out of a possible 24. That suggests to me that over 70 points (say 74) will be needed to win the league.

On that basis we need to pick up 68 points in 28 games (84 possible points).

A pretty tall order.

Play offs look more realistic.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd have thought McIntyre wouldve been more likely option for killie. Ex player after all.

Gary Holt has been hinted over the last few years also.

The Killie job is the kinda job you go into knowing 12 months later you will be looking for a new job

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Gary Holt has been hinted over the last few years also.

The Killie job is the kinda job you go into knowing 12 months later you will be looking for a new job

Just keep linking the McIntyres and the Holts with Killie in fact get Gus McPherson in the mix there as well as any other dross just so long as they keep as far away from FFC as possible.

Looks like this is the season that relegation finally catches up with Killie.

Just keep linking the McIntyres and the Holts with Killie in fact get Gus McPherson in the mix there as well as any other dross just so long as they keep as far away from FFC as possible.

Looks like this is the season that relegation finally catches up with Killie.

Just wonder if Houstie could end up at Killie? I know he said he's not too sure that he wants to keep managing but Killie might just suit him.

28 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just wonder if Houstie could end up at Killie? I know he said he's not too sure that he wants to keep managing but Killie might just suit him.

They have been a lost cause for a good few seasons, but they have always got that get out of jail free card when it comes to relegation, mind you pretty sure they got there debt written off, Michael Stewart on radio scotland was saying he reckons they are done for this season said that Partick seem to be playing well enough just not getting the results but doesnt see where Killie is going to get a win from.  Wouldnt be surprised if they went through a couple of managers before the season is out.

Oh and  hope to f**k they close the applications before McCulloch gets his in at TFS ..lol